Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Yes, I know what they sold for. Cameralandny had them; should have grabbed them then.

If you paid much more, you paid too much. Not my problem.

And, yes, I was/am serious, but I'm not paying a premium just for a "privilege" of owning "your" bins.

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Here's my answer to the "truck bino" question: Leupold Yosemite 6x30's.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
VAnimrod,

Like I said. I knew you were not serious.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
FWIW, I'd gladly give Doug another $100ish, for his "demos", replete with his CS and the intact warranty, etc., than the lesser to you, for used.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/minox.pl?page=62166

And, this is after the mark-ups in the not-so-distant past.

So, yeah, I was serious, for a legit price.

Given that you aren't serious, keep them... even though your far less expensive Nikon's "beat" them.... <laughing>

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Vortex is good for the money and they have a great warranty also! Plus cameraland has great prices on them too!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
VAnimrod,

Given that you aren't serious, keep them... even though your far less expensive Nikon's "beat" them.... <laughing>

If you don'tmind, would you show us where I posted the Nikons beat the Minox?

While you're at it, maybe you wuold show us where they are available from Doug.

Everyday Hunter
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Go to Doug's site, Ringman.

Look under "Minox". Try the BRs, 13x56 are listed right there.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Ringman
JGRaider,

Last year one of my son-in-law's hunting buddies was using a Wiunchester window mounted spotting scope. He was trying to judge a proghorn, but couldn'[t quite see it clearly. My son-in-law told him to try the Nikons. Of course the fellow argured with him, but finally tried them. He could imediately see the proghorn.

One of the other fellows wanted to try them. He was very favorably impressed.

So when I read these type of posts,I think, These folks are speaking from ignorance or they got a bad one like the first Bushnell 6500 I bought.

As far as window mounts go, I have one. I made a mounting system to use my 12-42X56 NightForce. I have yet to look through any scope as nice as it is. I think the nearest is a Minox 62mm spoting scope. I don't remember what model, but it was barely sharper than my Bushnell when both were on 30X.

Must have been a sorry excuse for a spotter. I can assure you that if you put that NF scope up next to a Kowa/Swaro/Pentax/Nikon/Vortex Razor/Zeiss spotter in the 80-85mm class it will pale in comparison to the spotter, even with a window mount, every single time.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oregon 45, great choice in bino I'm told, but not my choice for the OP's application....long range.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
FWIW, I'd gladly give Doug another $100ish, for his "demos", replete with his CS and the intact warranty, etc., than the lesser to you, for used.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/minox.pl?page=62166

And, this is after the mark-ups in the not-so-distant past.

So, yeah, I was serious, for a legit price.

Aren't these the same big eyes that Enrique likes better than the 15x58? Would Ringman's used bin be covered by the Minox warranty? $600.00 doesn't seem way off the charts to me if the warranty covers the new owner and they are in mint condition, otherwise I'd go with the demo as we know it's going to be like new.

John

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Yep, those are the same ones that Kique raved about and sold his "alpha" Euros (Swaros, IIRC) because of.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by remington
I don't know I havent looked around much......less say $200 or less.
Is there a set at that price point to be had that would be decent? I hunt with some Monarchs and if I can find something even remotely close as far as quality but more power I'll be happy.
don't care about weight at all.

"Talk to Doug" +1, also may take a look at the 12X50 Vortex Diamondback at $260 it is just outside your budget but the DBs had very favorable reviews here on the fire when they were first offered.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glacier_John,

They are still in mint condition. They do have the atatchment for the tri-pod installed. The only way to use big eyes. But if someone wnats them without it, I will gladly remove it.

Everyday Hunter
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
i will not put any optics in the truck, unless they are $20 bushnell junk. The heat in the summer will be bad for the binoculars.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (Anaconda, 10Glocks, 907brass, Algotguns, Akhutr, 10 invisible), 1,401 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,927
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.