Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 54 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 53 54
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wahunterinrok
Just my opinion, as someone who just got done wading through 26 pages, that for a rifle that seems over priced, and doesn't even tell you everything that goes in it, John is acting awfully dickish on here. I know from just what I've seen I wouldn't want to spend 6G's, and from what I have seen here, be blamed for lack of skill if I have any issues with said 6G rifle....

I have similar thoughts on the matter. As I have had a very busy fall, I have not kept up with all the goings on here, and this was the first thread I have read that involved Mr Burns and his rifles. In an attempt to learn more of them, all I got was smart assed responses and an assurance of who I will never even consider for future rifles or recommendations.

I get the feeling this is like a government contractor who uses the cheapest parts available that still meet the minimum specs. Nothing wrong with that as long as you know that up front, but when I pay top dollar I want to know what I'm getting. It'd be like buying a new corvette and never being told what is under the hood.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
This will get you close to the $150k mark, with a few drums of race gas tossed in...
[Linked Image]

Man, this post is going so fast I can't keep up.

BTW, Anyone else dislike the Burns Reticle? On some of his video's, like the antelope at long range, when he superimposes the reticle it is hard to see the game......

And his posts indicate he doesn't run much over 3000fps, sure makes mis-ranging or using the wrong crosshair an issue, although with the dial why is the scope so busy near the center?

Well over my head, which Burns seems to think is true of everyone but himself....

The term "full of hot feces" is the term I'd use for such a BS artist, regardless of how good he is, he ain't the king of the hill.....

Oh wait, I was hoping to buy one of his 1000$ scopes.....oops

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I guess noone is in the market for a quart of Snake Oil?.................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
aw schidt...two peas in a pod

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Not at $6 a quart....(grin)

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Does he only offer it in 3 chamberings, or has he only sold 3 rifles, er ah systems?

Features and Specifications

Available Calibers: .243 Winchester, .264 Winchester Magnum, 7mm Remington Magnum

Action: Squared and trued Remington 700 (McMillan G30 also available +$800.00)

Optic: 4.5x14 Precision Hunting Optic, 50mm Objective, side focus/parallax adjustment, Precision Hunting Reticle, custom Drop Compensating Turret, pinned mounts. Built specifically for GreyBull Precision by Leupold.

Stock: GreyBull Precision Hunting Stock Learn More

Barrel: 26" Custom stainless, fluted, & featuring GreyBull's proprietary chamber

Trigger: Custom

Fittings: Sling swivel studs and optional quick connect bipod attachment

Ammunition: 100 rounds of GreyBull Precision custom loads. Our high-performance ammunition features precision VLD hunting bullets, which offer the highest ballistic coefficients available in each caliber & bullet weight, and deliver the best retained energy and wind drift performance for extended ranges. The "delayed grenade" effect of these bullets provides amazing terminal performance and quick, clean kills.

Weight: 10 pounds including optic (also available with a lighter barrel contour resulting in a 9 pound finished weight w/optic)

Check it out for yourself

http://www.greybullprecision.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=4

Actually there is at least one lie in there... his ammo uses Berger VLDs.. they do NOT have the highest BC.... what a crock.... JLK and Wildcat have that beat... whether it matters or not is another subject.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Does he only offer it in 3 chamberings, or has he only sold 3 rifles, er ah systems?

Features and Specifications

Available Calibers: .243 Winchester, .264 Winchester Magnum, 7mm Remington Magnum

Action: Squared and trued Remington 700 (McMillan G30 also available +$800.00)

Optic: 4.5x14 Precision Hunting Optic, 50mm Objective, side focus/parallax adjustment, Precision Hunting Reticle, custom Drop Compensating Turret, pinned mounts. Built specifically for GreyBull Precision by Leupold.

Stock: GreyBull Precision Hunting Stock Learn More

Barrel: 26" Custom stainless, fluted, & featuring GreyBull's proprietary chamber

Trigger: Custom

Fittings: Sling swivel studs and optional quick connect bipod attachment

Ammunition: 100 rounds of GreyBull Precision custom loads. Our high-performance ammunition features precision VLD hunting bullets, which offer the highest ballistic coefficients available in each caliber & bullet weight, and deliver the best retained energy and wind drift performance for extended ranges. The "delayed grenade" effect of these bullets provides amazing terminal performance and quick, clean kills.

Weight: 10 pounds including optic (also available with a lighter barrel contour resulting in a 9 pound finished weight w/optic)

Check it out for yourself

http://www.greybullprecision.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=4

Actually there is at least one lie in there... his ammo uses Berger VLDs.. they do NOT have the highest BC.... what a crock.... JLK and Wildcat have that beat... whether it matters or not is another subject.

Truth and facts always matter

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hemiallen
This will get you close to the $150k mark, with a few drums of race gas tossed in...
[Linked Image]

That's badass! A sweet corn shack, chili cheese chips and a Budweiser to wash it all down.

Nail

What about guns?When do we get guns?
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Originally Posted by Nail
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

[Linked Image]

Looks like he just got a quote on a Greybull.

Nail

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
not just any call girl....one that can blow an elk bugle as well as suck the chrome off a trailer hitch
Here's a candidate...

THAT right there is a 6K 'Custom Job' right there, tailored for the individual wink

Very nice DVD, I must say, as a former World Champion Duck Caller myself, She does have very good technique, esp. - good 'hand mouth' coordination!

Toooo Funny, gotta love that one. Deserve a round of beers.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick

It seems to me that you got your point across without even posting... Very slick...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

It seems to me that you got your point across without even posting... Very slick...

Yea but JB got a lot of PM's......

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
allegedly.....

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No, it's obvious he has PMS - wait I think I read that wrong...

Me

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Lol

Cuda is a 440 auto car in my stable, the Firebird is a 400 HO model, auto also, in Dad's shop.

That is Hot August Nights, Reno about 5 years ago

Do either of the 2 alleged "marksmen" still look at this thread, or is John trying to figure out why all of his PM's are negative comments on his "junk"?

It would be nice to see someone like our marksmen on the web actually try out one of these expensive systems and compare it to our governments offerings.

Allen

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lotsa GREAT 'smiths under the radar................

....and they will not cost you $6000 plus....

Last edited by battue; 12/14/10.

laissez les bons temps rouler
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by battue
Lotsa GREAT 'smiths under the radar................

....and they will not cost you $6000 plus....

Nor come with secrect ammo

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
or secret barrels ... or unknown proprietary chambers ... etc.

-WGM-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Nor come with secrect ammo

But if you had your 'little orphan Annie' decoder ring...

Think of the possibilities!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Page 34 of 54 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 160user, 1234, 219 Wasp, 66 invisible), 2,531 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,791
Posts18,516,029
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.