-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 35 of 54 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 53 54
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Allen, I test drove and walked away from a 'Bird' w/400 HO, same ragtop and in red IIRC in high school for sale, had been ragged out and needed complete overhaul - body and motor, had a 4 sp. That was in the 80s.

No telling what that would be going for now. Nice rods.

BTW, Eddy, Geraci built my last two. The first was a 6BR - put the first 3 into 1/4" group after group .....at 200 yds. Both 68s and 105s in the 8t Bartlein. The man knows how to work steel and a gent to boot.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 65BR
Allen, I test drove and walked away from a 'Bird' w/400 HO, same ragtop and in red IIRC in high school for sale, had been ragged out and needed complete overhaul - body and motor, had a 4 sp. That was in the 80s.

No telling what that would be going for now. Nice rods.

BTW, Eddy, Geraci built my last two. The first was a 6BR - put the first 3 into 1/4" group after group .....at 200 yds. Both 68s and 105s in the 8t Bartlein. The man knows how to work steel and a gent to boot.

Geraci a gentleman, hell I guess we talking bout two different guys smile He is a character is what he is.....larger than life at times, just human the rest of the time. I wish he would get on the internet, you have never see such a ruckus as Geraci getting wound up. He loves to carry on some trash all the time. But you are right he is a gun building monster and one hell of a nice guy, generous to boot. He has built me a dozen at least, probably more. Everything he touches starts shooting bug holes. His metal work is great but his stock work on BR rifles about as close to art as you will ever see in those confines. There are builders out there that may be as good as him, but none better at what he does.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I just don't know, my old Remington in 25/06 didn't cost me much and the tweaking I did, fiberglass stock and bedding was not expensive and it shoots like a house on fire, got my goat at the longest distance I had ever shot at when it was hunting season.
Late brother and I bought barreled actions from an guy that got them from an outfit that went out of business, it was in 243, he worked the stock and trigger over as they were mauser actions and proceeded while recovering from a dirt bike accident that almost killed him and put him in a hospital for three months to get a goat at around 500yds, with a 100 grain bullet, he never saw the need for an expensive firearm.
So I guess for those that have the money heck have at her.
I just know what works for me.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Since we are talking about GREAT smiths: Dave Bruno outside of Pittsburgh. You can find his name and rifles being used at many of the top BR shoots. BR, varmint and hunting rifles from heavy to light they shoot.

laissez les bons temps rouler
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Partsman
I just don't know, my old Remington in 25/06 didn't cost me much and the tweaking I did, fiberglass stock and bedding was not expensive and it shoots like a house on fire, got my goat at the longest distance I had ever shot at when it was hunting season.
Late brother and I bought barreled actions from an guy that got them from an outfit that went out of business, it was in 243, he worked the stock and trigger over as they were mauser actions and proceeded while recovering from a dirt bike accident that almost killed him and put him in a hospital for three months to get a goat at around 500yds, with a 100 grain bullet, he never saw the need for an expensive firearm.

Thats for sure, 500 really doesn't generally take a custom anything to get there, thats usually close to a chip shot for a tuned factory anything, and some load work! Certainly not 6000 bucks to get to 500... I've done over 500 on a coyote with a model one sales AR in 7x62x39 and they certainly are not BR guns.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

Thats for sure, 500 really doesn't generally take a custom anything to get there, thats usually close to a chip shot for a tuned factory anything, and some load work! Certainly not 6000 bucks to get to 500... I've done over 500 on a coyote with a model one sales AR in 7x62x39 and they certainly are not BR guns.

I think that is what I have to remember when I look at some of these kind of threads.
What is a long shot for me(500+ yards) is a chip-shot for many of you long range shooters here at the fire.
Pretty impressive, and my hat is off to each one of you fellas.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Lotsa GREAT 'smiths under the radar................

....and they will not cost you $6000 plus....

The heart of the matter, IMO.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
GREAT smiths-Mike Luckett nothwest Oklahoma

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by jwp475

I wonder what happens when you run out of the 100 rounds of the secret ammo?

Buy another rifle, get another 100 rounds.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
surely he shares the load with the buyer. If he did not he really is a total douche.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
FWIW, even Art thinks he's OK!

Theres a ringing endorsement.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This thread is enough to make me do some work.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Something to help those that purchased a Greybull file/scope package

[Linked Image]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by teal
No, it's obvious he has PMS - wait I think I read that wrong...

I keep viewing this thread to help JB as he believes that a lot of views helps sell a 6000 dollar rile with a scope with 1/3 MOA turrets

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by 7 STW

LOL

You couldn't find a 426 hemi to use in that signature pict??? lol,

nice 440 sixpack setup though....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 7 STW

I'd hate to see this pizzing match redirected, and while my post was a bit tongue-in-cheek, you ARE spot on.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seeing as how the number of clicks apparently correlates to the number of rifles sold, just doing my part to bump it back TTT for Burns to reach 10k views. grin

Although, if you ask me, the only one making a nickel from all this is Rick Bin!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by rost495

I think that is what I have to remember when I look at some of these kind of threads.
What is a long shot for me(500+ yards) is a chip-shot for many of you long range shooters here at the fire.
Pretty impressive, and my hat is off to each one of you fellas.

You gotta remember a few things... first animal accuracy could be a 10 inch group at 500. Not that hard to come by really. Especially if you bed, tweak and reload.
Shooting accuracy.... if you can shoot a 2 inch group at 100, you can shoot a 10 inch one at 500..... its absolutely no different. Field prone is a STABLE position.

The part that starts to get most is the mental part. The part that has to be practiced the most is wind doping skills....

Beyond that 500 yards really is not complicated...... for me, and this is personal... past 600 can start to be weird at times... and beyond 800 I better be on my A game.... others ability differs. I'm far from the best and thats a fact.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I'm further from the best than you are. wink My longest one so far was a bull moose at 400 with irons when I was 15. Some said it was just luck. Dad said, "Well he musta had it pointed in the right general direction, doncha think?" Good ole Dad. BTW, medicman from this site was there to witness it, and he wouldn't stretch the facts. grin

Since then I have made some longish shots, but I think at best, I am a 400 yard shooter. (With box stock equipment anyway.)

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
No, he made a mistake when he said 1100 meters, it was 1100 yards. If you go to that youtube page and read the comments you will see where he admitted saying it was yards, not meters. Still, that's a long freakin ways on a moose.

Fair enough....Saw it originally embedded by a buddy of his on a BC board. Haven't checked his Youtube page.

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
Page 35 of 54 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

342 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 163bc, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 2,101 guests, and 985 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,072
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.