Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ouch.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A quite recent bear hunter that I was guiding told me that if I put a bullet in "his" bear then I would have to put my tag on it. Never mind the fact that guides can not shoot animals on their tags. He bragged about all his shooting ability but when the time came to shoot he completly missed twice and then hit the bear in the rear foot! then the guts! He could operate his bolt - if not the sights.
After the bear got into the brush, and he could hear it growling and thrashing, he told me that he would like to go in after it but just couldn't and that I would have to go in alone and kill it.
This happens more than folks care to admit. What I have found out is that the braggarts are the most guilty of poor shooting.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mr. Russell got it right. Appropriate sig line.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Some of these guides in Canada charge $10,000 for a moose hunt or caribou or bear. Thats just ridiculous!! How high do you think their operating costs are??? Some gas for the quad, a few boxes of rifle bullets and paying for their lease or paying off any loans for their property... these guys have deep pockets don't fool yourself.

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I think you've found an opportunity. Go for it.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Polska
Some of these guides in Canada charge $10,000 for a moose hunt or caribou or bear. Thats just ridiculous!! How high do you think their operating costs are??? Some gas for the quad, a few boxes of rifle bullets and paying for their lease or paying off any loans for their property... these guys have deep pockets don't fool yourself.

Dang, Anybody know where I can find a moose, caribou, or bear lease?

Seriously Polska, you're so far out of your element it is really embarrassing to watch. IF you think guiding is just some dude with a 4-wheeler pointing out animals, I think you're beyond help.

Deal with it.
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by AKBoater

Seriously Polska, you're so far out of your element it is really embarrassing to watch. IF you think guiding is just some dude with a 4-wheeler pointing out animals, I think you're beyond help.

no, it is hard, but it's not rocket science, and many natives who have no money for college or a real job become hunting guides cause people travel from all over the world to hunt species like moose, or bear, or caribou and these guides know it and they make A LOT of money. I'm not trying to minimize hunting guides, there are a lot of hunting guides that do the right thing, but there are a lot of others consumed by greed, just like anything else in the world money makes the world turn and even in remote places the same istrue

Last edited by Polska; 12/15/10.

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ironbender
I think you've found an opportunity. Go for it.

what the hell are you talking about

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

your ignorance is showing.

first, there is a diff between an guide and outfitter. the outfitter is the owner of the business, and the guy you pay for the hunt. the guide works for the outfitter and is the guy who will babysit you.

and there is a little more to it than a box of cartridges and gas for the atv. insurance, food, camp cook, horses if used, ect... all cost money. i don't even really like many of the outfitters i've been around, but none have been filthy rich.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan

I hear you... well then you wouldn't get my business. I'd find someone else or go some where else, end of story. I don't want to put up with ego and pride... with some guide who thinks he's a badass and god.

I'm sure the guide wouldn't want to babysit somebody who wont listen to them either so that's a good idea, go find someone else.
Most of the guides I've known don't tell you things to impress you, they tell you to keep you alive, or to help you accomplish your goal of bagging an animal.

First of all, I don't need a guide to baby me. I'm a grown man, and If I choose to do something that is dangerous and risky, i'm not asking the guide to jump of the cliff with me, I just ask him to show me where the damn bears are and then let me do the rest. HE can sit back and watch and twiddle his thumbs. However, this would not be possible in a modern society due to law suits and so forth.

2nd of all, you paint hunting guides with a broad brush and make them seem like they are the perfect angels that only care about giving you a good experience and they will jump across a gorge to save you. While a lot of guides are real guides and care about their clients and do a good job, there is a lot of money in the guiding business and i'm sure a lot are thinking about the benjamins at the end of the day.

If you stick around for awhile and keep your fingers still, I think you'll discover that, while some of these guys are opinionated (not me grin ), many of them actually know and willingly share one heck of a lot of knowledge - for free.

Most guides that I know have a lot of stuff, stuff which is broken and in need of repairs, expensive repairs which require money - and time which they don't have enough of. And while some manage to juggle well enough to make a comfortable living, many simply keep juggling so they can keep believing that they are. A lot of guys in the "assisted hunting" business would cry if they thought much about the money. The love of something is there, for sure, but it ain't about money.

What about these outfitters in Canada that are chargin 10 grand for a black bear hunt over bait, or a caribou or moose hunt for 12 grand. THATS INSANE, AND PEOPLE PAY IT. AND THESE CANADIAN LOSERS KNOW IT. They extort money from stupid people from america and other countries, cause Canada has no economy and no real jobs for them so they extort non-residents.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This:

You could be a contenda!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

What about these outfitters in Canada that are chargin 10 grand for a black bear hunt over bait,...

Link?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AKBoater

no, it is hard, but it's not rocket science, and many natives who have no money for college or a real job become hunting guides cause people travel from all over the world to hunt species like moose, or bear, or caribou and these guides know it and they make A LOT of money. I'm not trying to minimize hunting guides, there are a lot of hunting guides that do the right thing, but there are a lot of others consumed by greed, just like anything else in the world money makes the world turn and even in remote places the same istrue

Polska
This is absolutely classic! PLease continue!

Ever hear of a Super Cub? Price one? Maintain one? Insure one? How about a Beaver or an Otter? Maybe a Heliocourier...

How about flying gas around to keep those little planes moving since they cannot make it to the next gas pump?

You are so completely out of it you do not even begin to understand how incredibly stupid you sound...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You guys pardon me while I leave to count all my money.
See you on another more sane forum

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
keep me in mind if you need a tax write-off

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
It's all these damn Canadians, all they do is leach. They leach off their government and they leach and extort American and foreign hunters, cause their country has no economy and they know Canada, sadly, has the best hunting in North America besides alaskan and some northwestern states. Just look at any guide in quebec or ontario or new brunswick or new foundland... and see their rates, bet you won't find a decent one for under 10,000

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Congrats azzwipe!

Now you've aliented ALL of North America...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender

What about these outfitters in Canada that are chargin 10 grand for a black bear hunt over bait,...

Link?

Anything, kielbasi man?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I hadn't checked in here in a couple of days. I didn't think it could get any better! But this has a significant entertainment value. I mounted a new EOTech 512 on my M4 style AR and shot it in yesterday. Loved it and now after reading this threat "I am loaded for Bear!" Can't wait for our Canadian friends to weigh in. Please continue on. CH

The older I get the better I was.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
All i know is God will punish you all, therefore I don't need to get angry. the Lord will deal with all of you.

Polksa,
I'm on your side, if for no other reason than to cover all my bases! How about putting in a good word for me with Whoever. I'd appreciate it. All my other friends are in as much deep shete as I am. Thanks.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 06hunter59, 160user, 49 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,135
Posts18,523,225
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.