Print Thread
Hop To
Page 36 of 54 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 53 54
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Mr. Burns,
I can't say I'm a Stick fan or follower, but I'd like to see a video of you getting a first round hit on an egg at 500 yards.

I won't challenge you to a shooting match since I, like some others on this board don't have "adequate" credentials. Also, I'm sure that off a bipod you could easily outshoot me. If you should ever want to shoot offhand; no bipod, no tripod, no shooting sticks, just you and a rifle, standing at 150 yards, let me know.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
. . . . standing on your back feet like a man, IOW. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yes, but I didn't mean to make it sound so macho. Just another way of shooting that puts less weight on equipment and more on the shooter.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by doubletap
Mr. Burns,
I can't say I'm a Stick fan or follower, but I'd like to see a video of you getting a first round hit on an egg at 500 yards.

I won't challenge you to a shooting match since I, like some others on this board don't have "adequate" credentials. Also, I'm sure that off a bipod you could easily outshoot me. If you should ever want to shoot offhand; no bipod, no tripod, no shooting sticks, just you and a rifle, standing at 150 yards, let me know.

Don't forget shot should off a pack on the ground, and not from a bench or a bipod.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Hmmmm, I wonder who that might be?? wink

grin
I know you have met him in person and think well of him, so I didn't want to say too much more!
IMO, he's living proof that you can't alwys judge someone by their internet peronsa. I''ve hunted with him, broke bread and shared some whiskey with the man and I consider him a good friend. He know's a lot about sleeping bags and insulations and probably more than what most people want to know.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy
Hmmmm, I wonder who that might be?? wink

grin
I know you have met him in person and think well of him, so I didn't want to say too much more!
IMO, he's living proof that you can't alwys judge someone by their internet peronsa. I''ve hunted with him, broke bread and shared some whiskey with the man and I consider him a good friend. He know's a lot about sleeping bags and insulations and probably more than what most people want to know.

Ak,
I can respect a man that 'sticks up' for his friends.
smile

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by SAWebbShooter
My take is that Burns doesn't care if he alienates a huge portion of the informed, skilled shooters because they're not his total target market

Obviously.

For $6000, that gun better come with a unit 9 AZ elk tag, and a call girl.

I reckon it's about selling videos . Rifles can't write checks, people write checks . Mr Burns don't have to know much about rifles - people are his target . There are a lot more folks on this forum with the bucks to buy a video than those that can afford to pay 6k for a 1200.00 dollar shooting rig .

The clue is in looking at what he keeps posting about.It ain't rifles - it's videos .

And he can't beat 'Stick shootin' or B S ing .grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn, I thought this thing had finally died a good death...

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
No dog in the fight....I fault no capitalists for making money....I also fault no one for pointing out the absurd....But I am betting that JB has missed an egg or two @ 500 but he would never film and show it....cause it would be bad business...Stick has never pointed me in the wrong direction...didn't always grasp the stickisms without a lot of thought...but he has made me a better rifleman and hunter...JB...doubting his 6K rifle would do the same...just sayin...there is more to it than what you are driving

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some have a keen interest in making things difficult or daunting and I reckon I'm the antithesis of that,on the average. Never was a DooDad,Gadget or KnickKnack Guy and am more of the Meat & Taters sort,with a penchant to cut right to the [bleep] chase.

The quicker a guy can focus the grit and forget the fluff,the quicker great results abound. Rifles are easy,if you let 'em be and just a few basic constants at the Loading Bench,will put a guy in the tallest cotton. Once those mechanics are savvied,it's ALL about the boolit.

I do like to sandbag and bait hooks,if only because it cracks me up. If the Steelhead Fishin' ain't too hot this time home,I'll upload some hindleg pursuits and LR hasty barrages,if only in the interest of Fluff Removal......................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Stick up some Stick pics.

I need some scenery.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,..and of course you realize,..if you had hit that fuggin' egg this thread wouldn't have gone 2 pages.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We have had some differences over the years here but I Never questioned your knowledge or abilities with woods craft or shooting. I would ride the river with ya Sir. I also would never get in a drinking contest with ya!!! smile smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well Lil Fish while we are waiting how about this?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
After all the high speed, low drag BS is gone a man with a good rifle will eat.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have been reading this with interest. I can never afford to spent a grand on a rifle so I cannot say if a high priced rig will out shoot everything else. I traded once of a Ruger #1 in 22 BR. Did a little bedding and some case prep and took sage rats at 400 yards with it. Never tried to kill anything at 500 yards but I am thinking if I can hit a sage rat at 400 yards I probably do in an elk at 500. I am pretty sure elk are bigger that sage rats by at least 20%. wink

I have an old Remington 700 in 25-06. Cannot afford a good scope but it has done some tiny groups at 200 yards that would dial in an elk heart at 500 yards wit room to spare.

My CZ hornet came out of the box shooting better than I can. All I did it it was make it into a K-hornet and load it up and shoot.

I don't always agree with Big Stick but I cannot fault his above statement in any way. Time spent at the bench, quality components and a lot of practice will do the job.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm thinking Stick needs to make us a long range hunting video...

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You go gurl, ya got 'em on the run now....

What a putz.

hangunnr

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting and quite telling that you don't seem to have the time to field questions/inquires nor address the offer that was made to evaluate your equipment in an unbiased independent review/test.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
This is how a pissin' match like this played out 200,000 years ago. Except for a slightly better mastery of language and some technology, it's surprisingly the same.

Page 36 of 54 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,821
Posts18,516,710
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.