Hop To
Page 37 of 54 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 53 54
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
If you think Burns has a racket, check out Christensen Arms...

Your right, and what about them hog rifles or whatever Clay Spenser calls them. How much does a NULA run? I see several posters here liking them.

The only rifle I paid close to six grand for was topped with a NXS was built on a BAT CT action in a McMillan and chambered in a one off wildcat....and it came with dies and 200 pieces of fireformed brass.

Spencer's rifles: http://spencerriflebarrels.com/completerifles.htm

Base price on a "Virginia Hog Rifle" is $4k, as is his "Professional Hunter", both of which built on your supplied action. His "standard hunter" is $2700+ on your action; "guide rifle" is $3700+, on your action.

NULAs run $3000-$3400, base: http://www.newultralight.com/HTML/custom-rifles.html

If I were in the business of selling rifles that cost upwards thousands of dollars, I would certainly make sure I spelled "McMillan" correctly. Maybe I'm just anal, but that schit bugs me, especially with the kind of dough he is asking.

GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
That did look like JohnBurns after he finally 'made the hit' on a coyote, was excitable he was...

Kent

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Scorpion

Your right, and what about them hog rifles or whatever Clay Spenser calls them. How much does a NULA run? I see several posters here liking them.

The only rifle I paid close to six grand for was topped with a NXS was built on a BAT CT action in a McMillan and chambered in a one off wildcat....and it came with dies and 200 pieces of fireformed brass.

Base price on a "Virginia Hog Rifle" is $4k, as is his "Professional Hunter", both of which built on your supplied action. His "standard hunter" is $2700+ on your action; "guide rifle" is $3700+, on your action.

NULAs run $3000-$3400, base: http://www.newultralight.com/HTML/custom-rifles.html

If'n I were in the business of building custom rifles in the price range of that guy, I'd certainly be investing in a bit nicer website design as that one looks like a high school kid made it after huffing something in the janitor's closet.

To top it off, the [bleep] guy can't even spell McMillan. Didn't know, "McMillen" made stocks.

No disagreement.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Difference between BTDT's...than poseurs?...Just askin....

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,..after a 800 yard shot on a housecat.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I guess I should add, for all that I know the guy makes one helluva rifle. So, perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to judge. And, as has been said by many before, it's hard to fault a guy for getting what he can for his product.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I always liked the guy that acted like he'd been in the endzone before... not gyrating around when his team was down 3 scores.

Kent

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by krp
I always liked the guy that acted like he'd been in the endzone before... not gyrating around when his team was down 3 scores.

Kent

Can't argue with that logic...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
,..and of course you realize,..if you had hit that fuggin' egg this thread wouldn't have gone 2 pages.

A .242 BC at the 515yd line,do tax wind reading. In fairness,I missed the call on a sub .3MOA width target,by about 1/3 of a MPH.

Such things connect alotta dots,to the astute..................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
,..and of course you realize,..if you had hit that fuggin' egg this thread wouldn't have gone 2 pages.

A .242 BC at the 515yd line,do tax wind reading. In fairness,I missed the call on a sub .3MOA width target,by about 1/3 of a MPH.

Such things connect alotta dots,to the astute..................(grin)

I'll freely admit I know next to nothing....but that seemed obvious....guess it's a start...recognizing the obvious...and all

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is how a pissin' match like this played out 200,000 years ago. Except for a slightly better mastery of language and some technology, it's surprisingly the same.

I'm glad you posted this,man, as I now know from whence I came. Them boys act just like that bunch of Okies that I growed up with.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess I should add, for all that I know the guy makes one helluva rifle. So, perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to judge. And, as has been said by many before, it's hard to fault a guy for getting what he can for his product.

Maybe this has already been said, but does JB actually make the rifles himself or does he just market them?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I thinking he makes a great rifle, but as mentioned there are many who have equivalent skills and make an equal rifle for less money, regardless of what he says. Seems a little proud of his work, but then some others have equal price tags. Think Kenny Jarrett for one, and he sells enough of them to keep the doors open these many years. Combined with the fact that the last I looked Jarrett didn't include a scope in his price.

Paid $1400 for one back in the 70's, but he was one of the originators of the LR custom theme and didn't have much competition back then. Can still turn it today for more than what I paid back then. That .280AI is a shooter, but a .308W that was put together by a local guy will hang with it any day when it comes to punching paper.

Agree or not, Mr. Burns has some hills to climb before many with $6000 to spend will choose Burns over Jarrett or some other established smith. His need to drum up business here proves the point. Perhaps that day will come and perhaps not. Time will tell.

I wish him well, but he is not the only game in town. Builder or shooter.

Last edited by battue; 12/15/10.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

If I were in the business of selling rifles that cost upwards thousands of dollars, I would certainly make sure I spelled "McMillan" correctly. Maybe I'm just anal, but that schit bugs me, especially with the kind of dough he is asking.

I'd not develop a habit of judging a smith based on their website, or lack of website altogether...

Travis

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ur self indulgent back patting, is as blatantly obnoxious as ur condescending arrogance.

If U made the best rig (which U don�t), I�d still buy something else, as I find U a Clown, at best�

caint make cake outta [bleep]
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Well Lil Fish while we are waiting how about this?

Everything in that video is bigger than an egg. While we're waiting, go shoot an egg.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by doubletap
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Well Lil Fish while we are waiting how about this?

Everything in that video is bigger than an egg. While we're waiting, go shoot an egg.

Or, take Mackay_Sagebrush up on his offer....

The one that Burns has avoided like a case of the Vietnamese Clap.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Or, take Mackay_Sagebrush up on his offer....

The one that Burns has avoided like a case of the Vietnamese Clap.

Did stick agree to Mackay's offer...?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've schitt on loan constantly,but shipping ammo is a bitch due to locale/logistics.

I'm thinking S/S 700 s/a 308Winny,wearing a Mike Rock #6 contoured 23 inch 1-11.25 5R spout,chambered M852. A5 stocked,dab lug bedded,Badger M4 bottom,Badger 20MOA Rail,Badger Standards and a Mk4 M1 10x Duplex.

Reckon I prolly dote on 155 Scenars,but it don't hardly give a schitt whatcha throw down it's throat.

But it ain't like someone else is gonna do sumptin' to a rifle,that I haven't.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
95 Palma chamber would do too

GOA
Page 37 of 54 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1moredeer, 160user, 222Sako, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,801
Posts18,516,282
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.