Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 47 of 54 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 53 54
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
So, by that logic if Swampman and JO sell off their beenie baby and hot wheels collections and manage to scrape up enough money to sponser a forum they should be held in higher regard then their actions dictate? Money dosen't buy respect. If JB had paid a little attention and looked past his arrogance he'd of seen there are a pile of gents here that know their way around rifle builds and how to use one. He lost any level of respect when he posted the rant showcased in the above toon and then followed it up with the stalking of Stick. I can't care if he bulids rifles capable of shooting the nutz off a mouse at a mile, he'll never get a nickle of my money. Whether or not he ever gets the heat off of him is entirely up to him. He chose the path he's on.

hangunnr

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I mentioned it on another post, but you should head over to the Optics forum Pete and give holy hell to the Leupold bashers. It's been going on for years and Rick sells Leupold.

After that I've seen numerous posts attacking Chevy, and Chevy trucks is a sponsor. Lots of work to be done Pete and maybe when you are done fighting everyone that has ever said a bad thing about a sponsor, you and Savage 99 can have a great time, as you'll be the only two left.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Ho Chi Minh was never going to invade the US of A, but the Brits were certainly going to be eating Wiener Schnitzel for supper and doing the goosestep without US of A assistance. Just saying...

Not really, check your history...Battle of Britain was the turning out for us...Very little American involment at all, something like seven Americans flying as private indviduals IIRC..That was in 1940....

And while the riceburners may not have been a threat to America in the 1960's, they certainly got your attention in December of '41...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, but we didn't need help from anyone. Don't sweat it, I'm happy for all the Americans that went to England to pull you ass out of the 'Fire. I heard many a story of English lasses being shown a grand time by American soldiers.

English wives, American babies.........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had the USA not occupied the Nazi's in Europe and N. Africa...England would have been a parking lot

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I mentioned it on another post, but you should head over to the Optics forum Pete and give holy hell to the Leupold bashers. It's been going on for years and Rick sells Leupold.

After that I've seen numerous posts attacking Chevy, and Chevy trucks is a sponsor. Lots of work to be done Pete and maybe when you are done fighting everyone that has ever said a bad thing about a sponsor, you and Savage 99 can have a great time, as you'll be the only two left.

Actually, I do take your point on that, just the attacks on Burns seem to be particularly personal and vidictive for some reason..

Leupold & Chevy may get a bashing, but they are big impersonal corporate players, not a one man bad...

Anyways, off to get some beers, before the 2" of snow we have brings the county to halt!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyways, off to get some beers, before the 2" of snow we have brings the county to halt!
If Hitler had known that he could have just dropped pints of beer and snow instead of bombs wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, but we didn't need help from anyone. Don't sweat it, I'm happy for all the Americans that went to England to pull you ass out of the 'Fire. I heard many a story of English lasses being shown a grand time by American soldiers.

English wives, American babies.........

Might have liberated the French, but like I said Battle of Britain ended any chance of a German invasion of the UK...

And your right we did end up with many American bastards in the UK...war is hell....

Last edited by Pete E; 12/18/10.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You don't see the same attacks on Doug at Cameraland do you? Think maybe it's because there are actually a few around here that can read sign?

As I told Ken Howell, I'd ain't the message, it's the messenger. But of course he figures I dislike all Christians since I dislike him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You don't see the same attacks on Doug at Cameraland do you? Think maybe it's because there are actually a few around here that can read sign?

I know exactly what your saying, just ashame for Rick thats all..

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I hear you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
If Hitler had known that he could have just dropped pints of beer and snow instead of bombs wink

Snow in winter, and "leaves on the line" in Autumn, never fails...

Every year, its like its never ever happened before...

Anyway, catch you guys later...

Last edited by Pete E; 12/18/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same here Pete 1st snowfall is always cluster of accidents and cars of the roads in a ditch....short memories

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pete E

Not really, check your history...Battle of Britain was the turning out for us...Very little American involment at all, something like seven Americans flying as private indviduals IIRC..That was in 1940....

I'm going to side with you on that one Pete. A lot of truly brave men died in defense of their families and country. I won't fault anyone from Britain for their contributions in the war. The entire country gave a 110% + + + + ,IMHO.

That's going to be my about my only contribution to this thread ...........

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pete is this you?
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Ho Chi Minh was never going to invade the US of A, but the Brits were certainly going to be eating Wiener Schnitzel for supper and doing the goosestep without US of A assistance. Just saying...

And while the riceburners may not have been a threat to America in the 1960's, they certainly got your attention in December of '41...

If the US of A hadn't been kickiin Krauts in the AZZ in other area's and supplying Britain with tanks and other support, you'd have gotten your Azz'a handed to you and you know it. At least you should and if you don't you are in denial and that ain't just a river in Egypt either

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Had the USA not occupied the Nazi's in Europe and N. Africa...England would have been a parking lot
Think I made that point,but thanks for the re-enforcment

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hangunnr
Pete if you'll notice about 12 posts up this thread sat dormant for ~13hrs until Burns hisself spammed it back to the top. Burns has elevated hisself to the level of "post your load", "best in the world" dumbputzatude with the constant posting of the video link. He by his actions has earned the level of civility he's received.
hangunnr

My point is that if Burns leaves, Rick is the looser, not anybody else.

And it seems to me he has sponsored a forum, so he has the right to post a promo video especially when the video demonstrates that his "system" works as claimed..

Wrong Buckwheat, WE make this board go, Rick owns it. If WE are not here their is no one to advertise to. Rick is a big boy and I am sure he thought it out before he let the Burns boy advertise. Its all about choices. I don't think people are used to watching an advertiser act like a rabid [bleep] ankle biting little dog. I also don't think he (Rick) wanted that either. Burns don't read sign very well. When Burns leaves WE will still be here. There will be other advertisers. Steve

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

???

Waded through this thread to page thirty-something then skipped to the end.

Seen John Burns dis some guy who asked a legit question about his rifles and refuse to discuss components.

But then I'd guess the people that buy his rifles obviously ain't concerned about cost.

Skipped to the end and now this.

IIRC, after 1941, four-fifths of the Nazi was effort was tied up in Russia. North Africa and the West being sort of a sideshow on a relative scale.

I dunno if England woulda been invaded without American help. But without Russia, Germany would have held on to Europe.

OTOH without America, Russia would have beat Germany AND taken Europe.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Ya just gotta love the way a thread around here morphs. Two Americans get into a fight with each other over who can shoot what with certain equipment, which is fine, and I have no truck with that, and then a few posts back we have someone refighting the second world war all over again.

Type "A" personalities or what? laugh grin Entertaining at times, though. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Page 47 of 54 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (222Sako, 06hunter59, 163bc, 204guy, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 69 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,889
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.