Print Thread
Hop To
Page 48 of 54 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 53 54
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Burns paid for a sponsorship of the custom gun section and a banner. Other than that he is treated like anyone else here, that treatment is based on his own actions.

He hasn't fared well based on his childish repetition, stalking, infomercialing, bragging, belittling, threatening and just overall... asshol'eo'ness.

He decided to go beyond advertising and promote his 'system' in realtime threads, that opens it to public scrutiny. He hasn't answered many questions, just attack those questioning, or ignore them.

He's your basic troll with a twist... if I'm banned for pointing out the obvious, so be it.

Kent

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp
Burns paid for a sponsorship of the custom gun section and a banner. Other than that he is treated like anyone else here, that treatment is based on his own actions.

He hasn't fared well based on his childish repetition, stalking, infomercialing, bragging, belittling, threatening and just overall... asshol'eo'ness.

He decided to go beyond advertising and promote his 'system' in realtime threads, that opens it to public scrutiny. He hasn't answered many questions, just attack those questioning, or ignore them.

He's your basic troll with a twist... if I'm banned for pointing out the obvious, so be it.

Kent

+1 and combine that with what Steely said...

Charlie Sisk wasn't treated the best, I've seen post after post of bashing Leupold, McMillan (at times) as well.

Of the last 2 weeks - the biggest rub isn't with the rifles but the man selling them. Separate that out a little and you realize what's going on.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pete E

Actually, I do take your point on that, just the attacks on Burns seem to be particularly personal and vindictive for some reason.

That kinda seems to happen to azzholes 'round here, especially the ones that bring it on themselves.

I've not commented on this thread before........mostly childish BS, & I'm not much for banning anyone, ever, but if'n I was, I surely be for pullin' the handle on Burns, & I wouldn't have waited this long either.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColdBore
HERE?? shocked

Good luck with that.... whistle wink

I'm thinking Bob should take up cricket predictions:

grin

I used them for bait, but Grasshoppers work better

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by isaac
I love it when my Brit friends make capitalist arguments!

I'm waiting for somebody to teach me to make football predictions! grin

OUCH! Ten points for Pete. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Scott F

Yep..that had to hurt..... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bait?

Did some one say bait?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yawn!

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
We are in total agreement here. I am saying that my scopes and rifles are best understood by those that value performance.

Hey Burns,
I posed this question awhile back in the custom rifles forum, but must have missed it.
If you rifles/set-ups are the t!ts as they stand now, best there is as you have said... Then why are you having McMillan get set up to start molding you stocks?
Just a question.

Again since John Burns seems to keep missing this when I ask.
Simple question right?

And again since you still somehow keep missing my question.
I think is the 4th or 5th time I have asked you this.
It wouldn't be because you compromised using a lesser component when initially setting up to "build" your rifles would it?...
I mean after all they the best out there, top of the heap, best schitt running as you have said right?

6th?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Originally Posted by hangunnr
Pete if you'll notice about 12 posts up this thread sat dormant for ~13hrs until Burns hisself spammed it back to the top. Burns has elevated hisself to the level of "post your load", "best in the world" dumbputzatude with the constant posting of the video link. He by his actions has earned the level of civility he's received.
hangunnr

My point is that if Burns leaves, Rick is the looser, not anybody else.

And it seems to me he has sponsored a forum, so he has the right to post a promo video especially when the video demonstrates that his "system" works as claimed..

Wrong Buckwheat, WE make this board go, Rick owns it. If WE are not here their is no one to advertise to. Rick is a big boy and I am sure he thought it out before he let the Burns boy advertise. Its all about choices. I don't think people are used to watching an advertiser act like a rabid [bleep] ankle biting little dog. I also don't think he (Rick) wanted that either. Burns don't read sign very well. When Burns leaves WE will still be here. There will be other advertisers. Steve

Don't they call that - Free Market smile

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wahunterinrok
why you be needing something that big? All you need is a Remington 700 in 30-06 with corelokts and a blister pack scope to shoot as far as you need.... Best in the WORLD

Dude - I have shot once - a 416 RM, 3shots w/375 H&H, and other than that 338/06 and WM. The 50 is a round given to me for a 'paperweight' by a friend who actually is into them, though not much a hunter. The 408 `Chey Tac' was given to me at the Shot Show a few years back. VERY impressive if someone wants to engage WAYYYY out there.

Me, heck I shoot deer w/dinky 6mmBRs and such.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Scott F

Yep..that had to hurt..... grin

=================

Scott/Tom...coal for you,punks. Of course it didn't hurt. I'm always fine with the top 10 in pick-ems and winning a weekly or two. Don't forget my upcoming bowl wins,either. I'm more a bet the line kind of guy. If you fellas need to borrow some money,let me know.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I may need your legal services....pro bono of course

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That's OK. We heat and cook with wood. We can use the coal. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Of course. She looked 18 to me too,buddy. Don't be too hard on yourself!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Mr. Burns,
You bash someone for missing an egg at 500 yards but you haven't shown us that you can do it. Kind of like me bashing Michael Jordan for missing a jump shot.

PS - I'm a firm believer in free markets. If you could get twice what you charge, I'd be fine with that. I just have a problem with people criticizing someone for something they apparently can't do either.

Last edited by doubletap; 12/18/10.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
fake ID looked real in the dim light...

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475

How appropriate after my Sniper rifle round pics wink

That was funny.

In all seriousness, we all have our different views on things, I do not know JB personally either and must say I laugh at the content of the recent videos for the humor in them, not bc of any reference to anyone. It would matter not to me if anyone's name is posted in them, I'd still chuckle.

The thing about Free Market - it drives alot of quality control and pricing decisions, as well as product offerings in the marketplace. It's there, it works, as there are different 'slices of the pie' in how 'market share' gets divided up.

We as consumers actually benefit ultimately from the 'competition' in the market place. Business aside, you all may recall Palin getting slammed on National TV for her 'bou' ordeal. We can point to many 'mistakes' made, but I applaud what she did taking risks in the marketplace. Now if those same people got ahold of a video of game shot at ultra distances, I am not sure how that would play out in the public eye. Realizing hunters are the 'minorities' in today's time IIRC.

I realize MOST videos for commercial purposes are edited to minimize 'collateral damage' from naysayers, but the 'principal' of what is done is sometimes all that's needed to attract bad PR.

If videos perceived by 'non-hunters' hits mass media, I am not sure how that would reflect on us all. But again, the free market will prevail. Usually.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Just like her fake hogans!

William Arthur Ward

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Bait?

Did some one say bait?

Bait???

Stink bait...

Page 48 of 54 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 53 54

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

226 members (29aholic, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 406_SBC, 1beaver_shooter, 25 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,915
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.