-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not a story; just what happened. Sharply quartering-away deer uphill from me, I was sidehilling on a steep slippery hillside and thought I could sneak it by the butt and get it behind the last rib. I didn't. Deer ran 50-75 yards with one leg flopping around behind him. Bad footing, tough angle, and- ultimatly- a poor decision shot by me myself and I, as proven by the results.

Now let's hear your story for how you justify an intentional shot that you absolutely know will wreck probably pushing 1/3rd of the meat, cause a stomach-turning mess, and cause needless suffering to the animal? For what, again? Oh yeah... a trophy.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Not a story; just what happened. Sharply quartering-away deer uphill from me, I was sidehilling on a steep slippery hillside and thought I could sneak it by the butt and get it behind the last rib. I didn't. Deer ran 50-75 yards with one leg flopping around behind him. Bad footing, tough angle, and- ultimatly- a poor decision shot by me myself and I, as proven by the results.

Now let's hear your story for how you justify an intentional shot that you absolutely know will wreck probably pushing 1/3rd of the meat, cause a stomach-turning mess, and cause needless suffering to the animal? For what, again? Oh yeah... a trophy.

But wait, doesn't trophy trump all? Just sayin.....laffin......grinnin........all the other bs his majesty would say........

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
If you think ass shooting a deer is going to lose you a 1/3 of a deer's meat, then you aren't taking all of your meat out. That is a fact. You would likely lose 5lbs of meat, 10 at best, out of the 65-70lbs a mature deer would yield. You dolt.

Needless suffering? Are you joking? What do you think happens when you make a lung shot and a deer runs 50-100yds. You don't think that hurts? You dolt.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calvin
I'm a shoulder shooter in most hunting situations. I do like an Amax through the lungs though. I'll take that shot all day long as you know they aren't going far as it's like a bomb going off. An Amax anywhere else and you better have a strong stomach.

You are so boxed in. Just give up, dude.

If you don't care about meat loss from an Amax then why..... snork....

In a more broadside ass shot, like Stick took or you would take by your own words (depending on which we are to believe... snork...) you could lose more than 1/3 of your meat- and you know it. wink

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
This is another case where Jeff O clearly is talking out of his ass with no clue as to what he's talking about, yet declaring some imaginary victory.

Now explain to me this, jackass..

How could an ass shot with a 162amax lose you more than 1/3 of your meat?

Like I said, you are obviously not taking all your meat from the game, if you think the hind quarters around the pelvic region holds 1/3 of the meat on a buck..

Last edited by Calvin; 01/23/11.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
If I had a big buck walking into timber, I'd put an amax into the butt without thinking twice. I wouldn't feel bad, I wouldn't make excuses, I'd do it because that was the shot I had.

In a more broadside ass shot, like Stick took or you would take by your own words (depending on which we are to believe... snork...) you could lose more than 1/3 of your meat- and you know it. wink

This is Jeff O revisionism. Somehow a shot in the butt turns into a "broadside" shot, destroying 100% of both hind quarters.

Poor Jeff O. Trying so hard that he even has to change what I posted.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Next Jeff O is going to explain how a broadside hindquarter shot that zooks all of the imaginary meat will slip into the guts, like he said it would.

Thanks for the humor Jeff. You truly made the Bears/Packers game much more bearable..

shot that you absolutely know will wreck probably pushing 1/3rd of the meat, cause a stomach-turning mess,

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Still no Magic Bullet Theory on how an Amax will destroy a imaginary number of pounds of meat from a "broadside" shot, then take a turn and end up in the guts, after destroying the offside ham?

Well, I need to go. Be back in a few hours. I'll be looking forward to hearing how an Amax can destroy 1/3'rd of a deer's meat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now Calvin, liberals never twist stories or the facts.....

Gotta go get some venison out of the freezer for dinner tomorrow night. Thanks for the entertainment Jeff.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Beat you to it, moosemuncher. I've had venison thawing since this morning!

Calvin, you are flailing. I'm talking about a butt shot that's on a deer more or less broadside but- to use your words- dissapearing into the timber. By your definition, that's a shot you'd take, and yes a bullet that is a bomb could cost you 1/3 of you meat in that case. And from the thread and picture on SH it appears that was the shot Stick took. Maybe he'll enlighten us about it later. Snork.

It's been fun to watch your mind work gyrate on this one. Don't stop! And don't worry- your pals will show up soon enough and you can get in on one of those dogpiles you like so much. I'll be chuckling the whole time as a) it's just the Internet and b) watching you wiggle on this one is worth whatever "beating" you and your buds might think you are administering. wink

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm having elk taco's tonight... YUMMMMM...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Calvin, you are flailing. I'm talking about a butt shot that's on a deer more or less broadside but- to use your words- dissapearing into the timber. By your definition, that's a shot you'd take, and yes a bullet that is a bomb could cost you 1/3 of you meat in that case. And from the thread and picture on SH it appears that was the shot Stick took. Maybe he'll enlighten us about it later. Snork.

It's been fun to watch your mind work gyrate on this one. Don't stop! And don't worry- your pals will show up soon enough and you can get in on one of those dogpiles you like so much. I'll be chuckling the whole time as a) it's just the Internet and b) watching you wiggle on this one is worth whatever "beating" you and your buds might think you are administering. wink

That's it? Really? No magic bullet theory? No theories on how an amax could destroy a 1/3 of a deers meat?

Disappointing. I'm almost late to my meeting because I stuck around to see the explanation. I was expecting more.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nice, BSA!

I'm down to about 10 packs of elk from the two I killed a couple years ago. What I have left is backstrap and big steaks and tenders... trying to save them for special occassions.

We are having dinkburgers from this year's spike buck for dinner.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That's it? Really? No magic bullet theory? No theories on how an amax could destroy a 1/3 of a deers meat?

Disappointing. I'm almost late to my meeting because I stuck around to see the explanation. I was expecting more.

Shooting into where the meat is, with a bullet you call a bomb, is all the explanation needed, silly head.

Now scoot off to your little meeting. grin

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Calvin, you are flailing.

Disinterested third party here. Calvin ain't the one flailing.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeff could work for John and neither of the dumb bastards would be the wiser.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Originally Posted by rosco1
Must be outta the same pile of beans as frammy.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Aw how cute.

A couple more from the "never been there, never done that" crowd.

That wasn't even directed at you, but if you say so..

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm talking about a butt shot that's on a deer more or less broadside but- to use your words- dissapearing into the timber.

You lost me here. Do deer walk sideways out there? Every time I can recall seeing one disappear on me, it was moving away--not broadside.

And why would anyone purposely shoot a broadside deer in the butt anyway?

And why would a guy who's never used a particular bullet argue about the terminal effects with a guy who has?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

I hate to jump in, its going so lovely... but if you think that a south end shot on a north bound deer wastes that much, you haven't done it correctly or with the right bullet. I've done it AND frontal chest shots which are the SAME shot, IE both travel the same path, and the deer are dead very quickly, no suffering etc... now... if you screw up the tail end shot and hit a ham... well you ruin a bit more deer, but not much with the right bullet.

Jeff R

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hmmmm....destroyed meat??

Shoot one of these....and ya can eat right up to the hole!! Penetration?? From azzhole out the mouth!!

[Linked Image]
By rmulhern at 2011-01-17

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,994 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,847
Posts18,478,431
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.