Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Will the tax be more than 1.6 billion per year... cash, not counting seized property. That's what's being made now on busts for US agencies, fed and local.

Since the legitimate drugs will be high because of the sin taxes and greed, the blackmarket will thrive... there'll need to be inforcement of laws to stop the illegal blackmarket drugs... UHHH, like's happening already.

The losers that are users will still continue to commit crimes to pay for their habit, same as now. The underground drug trade will be just as violent and come across our borders. Goverment 'Cheese' will be three times the prices now, users will still buy on the corner.

The difference is Derek will now grow pot in the garden... big F'n deal.

It'll be cool, when I get a touthache, I'll run to Wallyworld and grab a bottle of Oxycodon or Morphine next to the tampons.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Will the tax be more than 1.6 billion per year... cash, not counting seized property. That's what's being made now on busts for US agencies, fed and local.

Since the legitimate drugs will be high because of the sin taxes and greed, the blackmarket will thrive... there'll need to be inforcement of laws to stop the illegal blackmarket drugs... UHHH, like's happening already.

The losers that are users will still continue to commit crimes to pay for their habit, same as now. The underground drug trade will be just as violent and come across our borders. Goverment 'Cheese' will be three times the prices now, users will still buy on the corner.

It'll be cool, when I get a touthache, I'll run to Wallyworld and grab a bottle of Oxycodon or Morphine next to the tampons.

Kent

for the record even with an active black market, since Montana passed its medical marijuana act in 2006 street price on black market has dropped quite a bit if your buying in bulk......

as far as the oxycodone and morphine in Walmart, lady up the street from me has a garden full of opium poppies.....

biggest drugs around here are illegally sold or stolen prescription pills and meth......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
What's the price for legal MJ there or Cali? sounds like it's 300 to 500% of street drugs. I don't keep up on it but if it's that high there'll be few takers after the initial euphoria.

MJ use is pseudo/legal anyway, why pay a high price?

If you don't turn your back on all drugs being illegal, nothing changes enforcement wise.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, Ohio's new governor per-poses to release a bunch of inmates in for drug abuse, and stop locking them up for it too.

More after midnight, in your living room, raping and killing your family and stealing you chit.

Oh, that's right, the Governor has 24/7 security. Never mind, important chit covered.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
It will be an actual WAR on drugs when we start executing anyone convicted of dealing.

Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
It could work...but the world doesn't have the stomach for it...

just saying the Chinese do and it hasnt.....

granted that i dont have a problem with pot but i really hate meth, especially when one of the last [bleep] nailed for it here was cooking in a house that butted up to an uncles of mines place here in town.....but in all reality i dont think killing all the [bleep] will stop anything.....if i thought it did i would be all for hanging the cooks, its some nasty chit both to the body and to the environment....

It has been thirty five years since I was in college and exposed to a group beginning to experiment with drugs. But at that time attitudes toward most illegal drugs was pretty casual. Most of the kids figured the chances of getting caught were slim to none and the repercussions not worthy of concern.

If every kid in the school had personal knowledge of a cousin or in law or classmate or uncle who had been hung from a tree in the city park for dealing...........they would sure as heck be a little less casual about taking that first toke, or considering the trade as an occupation with a bright future.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
varies from cheap to street price depending where yah go....dispensaries looking to help sick ppl first and foremost sell for barely over the cost of overhead......ppl looking to make a buck are still selling at a couple hundred an ounce.....

some of the prices you see arent comparing apples to apples, some of the really high priced stuff is due to the fact some of the really potent or rare strains grown organically are touchy to grow and low yeilders so costs more.....decent stuff can be had cheap....

major thing i notice in medical patients is most arent interested in a high, ingesting stuff that hasnet seen heat either through cooking or smoking doesnt give much of a high due to a chemical reaction that happens at about 212* or so which changes the non-psychoactive THC-A to THC.....whole lot of the benefits to sick individuals dont come from THC they come from other chemicals in the pot like THC-A and CBD which dont get you stoned.....and alot of medical patients would have stuck with opiates and the like if they wanted to be stoned day in and day out.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rattler
varies from cheap to street price depending where yah go

ingesting stuff that hasnet seen heat either through cooking or smoking doesnt give much of a high due to a chemical reaction that happens at about 212* or so which changes the non-psychoactive THC-A to THC.....

$320-400 ounce(delivered, according to the paper....grin).
Same price just higher quality and more of it.

In a previous life we bought some swag down in Mazatlan. Long story short got paranoid and ate it back at hotel. Bad idea....laughin!

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
This is in response to the topic of WOD, not anyone here.

So, if it's legalized and a huge sin tax added as some here say, will that still keep the prices in the range they are now? The only way to remove the illegal drug dealers is to undercut their product. If you don't they will continue to have a clientele. The same issues of enforcement and criminal elements/violence continues. The same people stealing to support habits will not suddenly get jobs and only shoot up in their spare time, crack houses will not disappear.

To say legalizing drugs will solve the cartel/border smuggling gang issues is silly. It just changes the name to, Law enforcement of nonsanctioned suppliers.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
never said legalization would cure any border problem.....the cartels market share on pot has been shrinking for years....they still have the cocaine and heroin and are breaking into the meth trade......to say nothing of the human trafficking.....only solution to the border issue is to enforce the border legalizing drugs wont do chit for it.....

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I know you didn't, tried to qualify that. Some here have, more than once.

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson

$320-400 ounce(delivered, according to the paper....grin).
Same price just higher quality and more of it.

seen it alot cheaper a few places from individuals more concerned with helping ppl than making money......whole lot of places making as much as they can while they can though.....if you have any sort of a green thumb you can grow it pretty cheap without alot of effort.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
I know you didn't, tried to qualify that. Some here have, more than once.

Kent

sorry, musta missed that in my reading of it.....managed to torque my knee slipping on ice yesterday and on more pain killers than usual.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Yep. No different than the tax on cigarettes.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

So, if it's legalized and a huge sin tax added as some here say, will that still keep the prices in the range they are now? The only way to remove the illegal drug dealers is to undercut their product. If you don't they will continue to have a clientele. The same issues of enforcement and criminal elements/violence continues. The same people stealing to support habits will not suddenly get jobs and only shoot up in their spare time, crack houses will not disappear.

To say legalizing drugs will solve the cartel/border smuggling gang issues is silly. It just changes the name to, Law enforcement of nonsanctioned suppliers.

Kent

Barak would say privatize without governemnt interference or regulation. In that regard, producers could make a better product on the cheap, thus keeping willy high till he dies. Sad part is, who's gonna give willy the cash to buy his dope?

I forgot to add this debate pops up here every 6 months or so. Has anyone changed their minds?

Last edited by Mac84; 01/26/11.

I Burn While I See
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I've never bought drugs, used drugs over Tylenol until I broke my leg last year. They put me on Oxy after the operation for a month. I do see many correlations of math and life, everything has a percentage.

400 for an ounce... an ounce sounds small and the price sounds large, I'm just looking to put a picture in my mind. Street price?

So right now the Cartels and suppliers from where ever donate(seized money) 1.6 billion cash last year to LE agencies, it's a tax, cost of doing business. This money is used somewhere, hopefully in the same field. How will legalizing effect the overall price burden to the average user, will they be able to afford an increase if it causes one?

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
What are they? Are we winning and we just don't know it; as drug abuse will always be with us and we can only hope to keep a lid on it. Is the WOD real in the sense that all hands are on board or are we at a point where the infrastructure built to fight it is too great and self-serving by keeping it going?
It is bogus. There is no telling what we are doing in this country. You almost have to go by your own experience in the preponderance of things anymore due to the corruption of the MSM and the unreliability of smaller sources who are many times, prone to the same inadvertent errors individuals make. Drug abuse will always be here as long as there are drugs and IMO, drugs are a good thing. "Good thing" being due to their helpfulness in relieving pain, curing disease, etc. I am not advocating their abuse nor speaking specifically of those currently in wide use for recreational purposes. I have no idea whether we are keeping a lid on it let alone whether we can expect to in the future and so can't answer that part of your question.

Your last question is perplexing. I think the "Army" fighting the "War" is composed of true believers, paycheck drawers and those who are completely corrupt in that they both encourage its perpetuation without caring about the outcome and also in some cases, play both sides for profit.

Last edited by ColeYounger; 01/26/11.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Barak would say privatize without governemnt interference or regulation. In that regard, producers could make a better product on the cheap, thus keeping willy high till he dies. Sad part is, who's gonna give willy the cash to buy his dope?

I forgot to add this debate pops up here every 6 months or so. Has anyone changed their minds?

forget which country it was offhand but one European country has seen good results with heroin addicts that want help, having doctors prescribe medical grade heroin(and some countries do view heroin as just a pain killer like morphine) and giving it to the person in a clinical setting once a day and individuals being able to hold down a job where they while kicking the habit were unable to as a junkie on the street looking for their next fix......

key point being though that it had best results with individuals that made the active choice to try and kick it and the government made it possible to kick it easier, kinda like kicking tobacco with the step downed controlled doses via nicotine gum that has set doses.....

mindset is everything in kicking anything.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mac84

No.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's the most important thing rattler. A person has to want to kick it. Still damn hard to stay clean. That glass dick is a huge draw that some can't overcome.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and thats the problem aswell some ppl are only happy stoned any laws be damned......

Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,416
Posts18,507,217
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.