S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Zeiss...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well, it's about 50/50. Guess I can't go wrong either way. The Swarovski is on sale too. I found a z6 3-18x50 BT locally, and if the price he quoted me on the phone is for real, it may be too tempting to resist. I KNOW I will be able to get my $$ back if I send it down the road in the future.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockchuck828
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Someone wants to gift you with a Zeiss Diavari Victory T FL 4-16x50 II (turret) OR a Swarovski Z6 3-18x50 BT (turret).

Which would you choose? [b]You MUST pick one or the other!

Pick one, and say why.

I would take the Zeiss over the Swaro because the Zeiss will return to zero if you crank it up for a long shot and the Swaro will struggle returning to zero after the shot.

rockchuck did you exprience that with Swaro's BT? I ask because I have one I've yet to try out and that would be a real bummer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't and would walk away ...

REALLY ... who's going to "gift me" one of these. No one I know, therefore, a stranger? Do I have to buy a condo to get one gifted? The world doesn't work that way ... CRAZINESS!!

I don't believe those contests or raffles I keep buying tickets for are real ... I've never won nor personally know people who won. Just faceless names on the interweb who say they win.

So ... Blue pill ... or Red pill??

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by avagadro

REALLY ... who's going to "gift me" one of these. No one I know, therefore, a stranger? Do I have to buy a condo to get one gifted? The world doesn't work that way ... CRAZINESS!!

I don't believe those contests or raffles I keep buying tickets for are real ... I've never won nor personally know people who won. Just faceless names on the interweb who say they win.

Why so negative?

I once bought my best friend of 35 years a $1,200 scope as a gift. We shared a lot of good time together.

He invites me every year hunting in Oregon.

A true friend is priceless.

Here, hold my beer and watch this!
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
[quote=Sakoluvr]Someone wants to gift you with a Zeiss Diavari Victory T FL 4-16x50 II (turret) OR a Swarovski Z6 3-18x50 BT (turret).

Which would you choose? You MUST pick one or the other! No Leupold as an alternative <GRIN>.

Pick one, and say why.

[Linked Image] [/quote
The zeiss for me, I don't see where one is better then the other, so I would take the swarovski and sell it to some rich fool and buy the zeiss and pocket the rest of the money.

Last edited by LOTT; 01/26/11.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Own both Zeiss and swaro scopes. Both fantastic. I would go with the swaro in your question though - goes down to 3 power and up to 18. But either way you are golden.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Manic_Hunter
Originally Posted by avagadro

Why so negative?

I once bought my best friend of 35 years a $1,200 scope as a gift. We shared a lot of good time together.

He invites me every year hunting in Oregon.

A true friend is priceless.

Sorry .... meant to be facetious in a humorous type of way ... Hard on a BB where inflection cannot be read ... Meesa would choose the Zeiss .... Since variable only belong on Varmint and Target rifles, smile smile I'm picking the one with most XXX's

Better?

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd go with the Swaro for it's wider FOV and wider adjustment range...............DJ

Remember this is all supposed to be for fun.......................
IC B3

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Swarovski, no doubt

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I think the Z6 would suit me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

201 members (358wsm, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 280shooter, 26 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,897
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.