Hop To
Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Granted I did not clarify. I meant to say "trading for."

A hunter gets his deer. A good hunter can make long shots. A great hunter likes it up close and personal!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by snakeman
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The BR smokes the SPC which you lauded.

Plain and simple...you are beyond clueless and it's just now starting to sink in to you. Dry your tears,quit holding your breath/stomping your feet and you'll learn more than a little.

Hint..............

Childish enough. Oh mines better than yours.

Admittedly,I ain't much fun to measure dicks against...but I'm no 6.5 nor .277" Fan.

We'll getcha there and then giggle when you don't drink.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey, I have an affinity to Savage rifles too.

Primarily because Savage has catered to the left hand market for longer than just about anyone.

They do tend to shoot well and they are pretty trouble free.

That said, they are ugly and feel a bit clunky to me.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In matters concerning hunting and shooting, I'd take brutal honesty every time, and save the hospitality for dinner with the in-laws.

Just a few short months ago, I was dead set on buying my son a 7-08 for his first "deer rifle". Stick and others disagreed and suggested a .243 Win. At first I resisted, but the more I looked into it, the more I thought it was the right choice. Shooting 80 gr. TTSX's, it shouldn't recoil a whole lot more than a centerfire .22, will take its intended quarry cleanly, and it can serve double-duty as a varmint gun.

If I went ahead with my original plan, which I thought was just about perfect, my son would be shooting a harder recoiling rifle, have no varmint gun, and would likely end up with a .223 or .243 a few years from now. In retrospect, my plan was azz backwards, and guys here helped point that out to me.

The moral of this long story is, keep an open mind, try to glean the great advice that you can get here, and roll with the punches. If your mind is completely made up, don't bother asking for opinions, because you WILL get them.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Most of them are ugly I never said it was pretty lol. I they do feel clunky but this gun isn't going to be entered in any beauty contests. In all honesty it won't leave my dad's ranch until I do.

A hunter gets his deer. A good hunter can make long shots. A great hunter likes it up close and personal!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i'd not get the creedmore or the salvage...

I can't spell... Deal with it...
I
I
If you are trading for a specific rifle how do any of your questions matter?

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
CoalCracker, i asked for opinions on the gun not the cartridge. I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them and how they would rate them. Opinion is one thing insult is another. I am glad they helped you and some have provided good insight and I thank them for that. I am trying to keep an open mind but it's hard to when all the stink is trying to get in.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz

Now that's what I am talking about!
Plain, simple, to the point, opinion.
Thank you

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do muzzlebrakes,milk jug stocks and Darth Vader combs swoon you too?................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
How's this for a straight forward opinion, stick with girl stuff.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No offense to Mr. W., but it's not nearly as entertaining to the audience. grin

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
No actually I typically prefer laminate or walnut, straight comb stocks and hate muzzle brakes, but you can bypass the one on the long range hunter.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
How's this for a straight forward opinion, stick with girl stuff.

In fairness to her,she do whine well................

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz

Re. Creedmoore, why not?

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by snakeman
No actually I typically prefer laminate or walnut, straight comb stocks and hate muzzle brakes, but you can bypass the one on the long range hunter.

How do you bypass the milk jugged Darth Vader?.................

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Stick, I meant the muzzle brake Jackass. BTW i don't doubt that you know what you are talking about. I just don't agree with the way you criticize someone you don't even know. I'm a nice guy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dickbrain,I mentioned the milk jug Darth Vader stock...mainly because it don't have an on/off switch.

I'll feign my "surprise",that you are enthralled with adding a loudener to your barrel,just so you can turn it off and schlep that extry length to improve it's "balance and handling".

You're on a roll!..................

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Stick, you picking on the new guys again?

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Again with the name calling.

Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 16,111 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,152
Posts18,542,722
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.