Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My son had the privilege of serving in a battalion close to LTC West's in Iraq. He wasn't in the room during the famous incident which cost Col. West his career, but he was close enough to hear the shot and the yelling. It is believed that Col West's action to get information from a captured insurgent prevented an ambush and saved American lives.

He continues to serve this nation well. He is the kind of brave and principled leader we need so desperately.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
To me LTC/Rep West is the most impressive politician out there. He does not need a poll to know what he thinks about an issue. He obviously believes in America down to his core and can articulate that belief better than anyone in decades.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Sadly, in Florida, Col. West is under constant attack. The left hates him with almost as much passion as the Conservatives hated that other Florida Representative, Alan Grayson.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I really like Allen West!

He appears to be head and shoulders above the political class.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Obama this is what a real LEADER looks like.

I so hope Lt. Colonel West runs for POTUS.

Our nation needs a man of his character in the White House

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To bad you don't hear more about him in the mainstream media.

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He is the only public figure who has displayed the courage to call Islam what it is,a religion of murderers.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QsJJqIztPHc[/video]

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by m3taco
I was working at HQ USCENTCOM when "the West incident" went down. He got F'd by the CC but he is a hero among everyone else who wore and still wear the uniform. It is men like him that we willingly follow into battle. He demonstrated in combat the finest values of honor and integrity.

God Speed LTC West and keep kick'n ass!!

I was not sure what the "the West incident" actually is.

Iraq interrogation incident :
While serving in Taji, Iraq, on August 20, 2003, West was in charge of the interrogation of Yahya Jhodri Hamoodi, a civilian Iraqi police officer suspected of having information about attacks on American troops in the area.[citation needed] Interrogators had been informed the detainee knew about a planned ambush. When the detainee refused to talk, LTC West was asked to assist. Hamoodi continued to withhold information, and West was accused of firing his pistol past the prisoner's head, frightening him into talking. According to West's sworn statement,[6] the detainee told West:

[The attack] was to occur Friday morning in Saba al Boor vicinity of the police station by positioned snipers supposedly being brought in from Fallujah. [The detainee] was to ID my vehicle and myself for these rooftop firers. We took this information and the following day established flask CPs and used AH-64s overhead. There was no attack and no further attacks have emanated from the town since the apprehension of [the detainee] and his named associates.
At least one suspect was arrested as a result of the information obtained through the detainee's information. The suspect's home was searched, but no plans for attacks or weapons were found. West testified he did not know if "any corroboration" of a plot was ever found. He added: "At the time I had to base my decision on the intelligence I received. It's possible that I was wrong about Mr. Hamoodi."[12]

West, who had completed almost 22 years of active service, was charged with violating articles 128 (assault) and 134 (general article) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice. He was processed through an Article 32 hearing in November 2003, where he stated "I know the method I used was not right, but I wanted to take care of my soldiers" and was fined $5,000. LTC West accepted the judgment and retired with full benefits in the summer of 2004. Asked if he would have act differently if under similar circumstances again, West testified, "If it's about the lives of my soldiers at stake, I'd go through hell with a gasoline can."[13]

Post-military career;

(2004�2010)At his hearing, West had been asked by his defense attorney if he would fire his pistol again under similar circumstances. He replied: "If it's about the lives of my men and their safety, I'd go through hell with a gasoline can," he said.[6] West pointed out that there were no further ambushes against American forces in Taji until he was relieved of his leadership post on October 4."[6] After West's forced retirement was made public, he received more than two thousand letters and e-mails offering him moral support.[12] Furthermore, a letter supporting West was signed by ninety-five members of Congress and sent to the Secretary of the Army.[12]

In September 2010, West spoke in defense of a group of U.S. military personnel known as the "Leavenworth 10" who were convicted of war crimes.[14]

After retiring from the Army, West moved his family to Florida and taught high school for a year.[12] He then worked as a contractor for the Department of Defense in Afghanistan and in the United States until December 2010.[citation

For some reason I kept thinking he did some awful thing.
Must be the media of course.
But if thats all there is to it, then its much more understandable.
Liberal dickfaces dont know how to fight a war.
Allen West does.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Claybirds

The last thing the White House wants their alphabet channels spewing is that there is a black man our there that actually loves his country and doesn't bow to foreign leaders. He would steal so much of their closet vote they can't afford to let him out of the bag.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You all think this guy will run someday? I wish he'd take a crack in 2012 with Paul Ryan as his vp.

IC B3

2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rte
He is the only public figure who has displayed the courage to call Islam what it is,a religion of murderers.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QsJJqIztPHc[/video]

Thanks for posting that clip... West for President...seriously.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Waiting for TRH and the rest of the girls to scream "Citizen's arrest, citizen's arrest"!!!!! and how this poor terrorist was denied his rights under the Constitution smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He needs to be on the ticket this time, even if he is a rookie politician.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Thanks for posting that clip... West for President...seriously.

You're welcome.

Here is recent clip of Congressman Allen West and his comments on Rep.Keith Ellison.For those members who don't remember Ellison,let me refresh your memories.He is a Democrat Representative for Minnesota's 5th congressional district.He is a muslim who took the oath of office using a quran.

West's comments raised a stink with the lame stream media. grin

Listen carefully as West states that "Ellison represents the antitheses of the principles upon which this country was established".LOL

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_ceZxIEE9WU[/video]

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At the very least - Obama's Republican challenger (if it can't be West himself) should promise that he will be Secretary of Defense in the new administration.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Claybirds

The MSM is terrified of him and will ignore him as long as they possibly can, but as his following increases, the less chance they will have to do it, and in the end you will see him become their most hated personality, eclipsing even Sarah Palin in that respect.

This guy is going a long way if he plays his cards right and he is off to a roaring start. MSM will try to make a lot of hay over the incident that got him out of the Army, but I dont think that will wash with the majority of Americans.

Last edited by jnyork; 02/20/11.

[Linked Image]
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Congressman West is very articulate at getting the "islam sucks" message across...

Please don't feed the trolls!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The left will be all out to destroy him. They will create a controversy if they cannot find one. He is dangerous to those who would destroy our country, because he speaks truth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They may try, but he is the real deal, and not even the MSM can hide it forever.

http://angrywhitedude.com/?p=5760

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The extract of the incident above left out a couple of VERY important points.

1. When the terrorist refused to cooperate/talk, West took him out back, alone, and ordered all of his men inside the building - West was alone with no witnesses of what he was going to do.

2. After he fired his M-9 next to the terrorists head, but not at the terrorist himself, the terrorist sang like a canary and the the regular interrogation/translation team came out of the building and took control the the terrorist.

3. West then took himself directly to his ranking/superior officer, told his CC exactly what he had done and asked that he be placed under arrest for violation of several UCJM articles and violation of CC ROE.

Now THAT IS INTEGRITY and why he is held in such high regard and I for one will support and follow and assist that gentleman in anything, anytime and anywhere.

Last edited by m3taco; 02/20/11.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (160user, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,170
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.