Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
It happens..................(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hey Big Stick, looks like we have something in common:) Nice boat by the way those older Duckworths are nice, here is a picture of mine with my dad. This is the only boat picture I have!!

Attached Images
IMG_0368.JPG (84.63 KB, 158 downloads)

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is a few more pics of what we do with my boat. These were all taken during my church's annual Father/Son campout. We take boats 6 miles up Gibson Res. with all of our junk and about 40 guys and camp for the weekend. Do alot of fishing. Every year Ive gone up, the lowest # of fish Ive caught was 130 in two days and the highest number was 180!
Made it all the way up to the rock you can see in the water on the left side.
[Linked Image]
A little boy I took fishing when his dad didnt want to go
[Linked Image]
My brother
[Linked Image]
Brady with another fish
[Linked Image]
Me and Brady
[Linked Image]
Hayden again
[Linked Image]
Hauling a load of stuff back to the boat launch
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/cole_smith/DSCN4238.jpg[/img]
Trip back up the lake empty to pick up more stuff to bring back to the boat launch
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/cole_smith/DSCN4244.jpg[/img]

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
13' 3" Old Town, 60lb thrust marine spec Minn-kota.

It ain't much, but it does float.

One time when me, my wife and three dogs were dinking around on lake McQueeney in this thing amid all them high dollar rigs on that crowded postage stamp of a lake, a homeowner who's deck we glided silently on by at all of 2 mph likened us to the African Queen grin

[Linked Image]

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My river boat...

[Linked Image]

My lake boat...

[Linked Image]

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yeah As SSB says I kinda like boats really the best thing about a boat is it not selfish you share with others.Some other toys you have to leave them home or be by yourself a boat lets all go. I like to fish by myself but I really like to fish and boat with friends. The the best is sharing you boat with a kid or kids

[Linked Image]

Sam and Drewey a few years ago

[Linked Image]

Sunset on Saginaw Bay pullin Spencer

[Linked Image]

Who is that fat guy driving my 18ft center console?

[Linked Image]

The Samurai probably after a hard day at work on the Saginaw Bay

[Linked Image]

Some of the chicks hangin on the Samurai

[Linked Image]

Finally the Lovley Miss Peggy enjoying her day on the Samurai
(cold and Sea Sick quite the trooper)

[img]http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af245/boatboy18/campfishtalesboat.jpg[/img]

Maybe the most important boat looks like an old pontoon but it has a special purpose.Camp Fish Tales in Pinnconning MI is a outdoor camp that is for those who dont get what we take for granted. A camp fire a walk (Roll) in the woods a boat ride. The camp is for physically and mentally challanged people of all ages who come for a stay to help them enjoy the outdoors and many times give their care givers a break also. I am on the board of directors and Myself and my friend Greg Stryker and the crew at Strykers Lakeside Marine got this boat together because of the constant fund raising effort by Bubba Phillips of Bubbas Tri City cycle. Seriously you wouldnt believe the funds he raises for the camp!
We are very proud we have to turn down very few (because of medical needs) we have medical capabilitys to take most campers!

Up coming for the summer of 2011 the CW craft.More news soon!
Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 02/20/11.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
IC B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Sleeps two and it's bear-free and bug-free if you're far enough from shore. The whole rig breaks down and fits in the bottoms of the two canoes.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by AK_Raven; 02/21/11.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
a work in progress
[Linked Image]

and my buddys boat that never goes out without me.
[Linked Image]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Located on Round Lake, near Charlevoix, Michigan.

This guy has everybody beat.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I didn't mention these four...

[Linked Image]

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Sold this recently when my back could no longer handle the punishment of running offshore with my hair on fire. Hopefully we can get a replacement for it if I can get the disc issues fixed, otherwise we have a smaller Stingray pleasure boat here and up north and quite a few fishing boats and jetskis. I still have my hobby of repairing and dealing in old Evinrudes and Johnsons (50's-late 70's) Being on the water is my obsession.

I guess you have to slow down sometime. This thing sure was fun, although I really should have bought a float plane; it would be quite a bit more useful.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice AT. What power did it have?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by AK_Raven
Sleeps two and it's bear-free and bug-free if you're far enough from shore. The whole rig breaks down and fits in the bottoms of the two canoes.

[Linked Image]

I like it! laugh

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Can't find a full shot of my boat... just what goes on in it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Some pics of mine. This is the reason I can't afford custom rifles, high end 1911's, elk hunts, etc. Worth every penny to me though when I'm out on the water on a perfect day with the exhaust roaring.

2004 Baja 29 Outlaw. Twin 496 Mags, 375hp each.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hammer down in Destin:
[Linked Image]

Having some fun going out the pass...
[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Some pics of the family boats (meaning they belong to my parents and I mooch).

24' Bentley Tri-toon Party Barge w/ a 4 stroke 115 Merc. Have had some great times on this thing. Currently for sale, pops is upgrading to a 25' Barge with a 250 Yami. Should be able to have some fun in a 50 mph 'toon.

[Linked Image]

Mid 80's 16' Cajun Special with a 75hp 'rude. Dad bought it used in '89 and its the boat I learned to drive in. Wish I knew how many hours I put on this thing back when I was 12 - 15 years old. Used to ride and ski all day within about a 3 mile radius of the camp. Still runs great even after being used and abused all these years.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LSU fan
Some pics of the family boats (meaning they belong to my parents and I mooch).

Mid 80's 16' Cajun Special with a 75hp 'rude. Dad bought it used in '89 and its the boat I learned to drive in. Wish I knew how many hours I put on this thing back when I was 12 - 15 years old. Used to ride and ski all day within about a 3 mile radius of the camp. Still runs great even after being used and abused all these years.

[Linked Image]

Holy schitt! My MawMaw and PawPaw have one just like it that we hauled up to MT from Louisiana when we moved. Dont see many boats like it up here. How fast does yours go with that 75 on the back? My grandparents have a little 25hp Merc with just the tiller bar so no steering wheel. That thing is scary fast even with the 25 on it. Local boat mechanic took it out for a test run after working on it one day and said it is the scariest boat he has ever been in!

The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I remember way back in the day running next to my dad while he was driving the truck. Think it topped out in the low 40's. The tach took a dump several years ago so not sure if its still turning up the rpm's it used to. I'll have to break out the GPS this summer and see what I can get out of it.

I wouldn't call it scary but things can get interesting. It'll slide around a good bit when you take a corner to fast. Or if you slow down enough it'll carve tight enough to almost dip water. Had a buddy that weighs 280+ almost crawl in my lap when I showed him that trick. laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My alweld will almost tip the right side in the water in a sharp turn. But I guess the day the boat mechanic took it out, the wind was blowin and he was heading straight into it in the chop. Said it was dancin around pretty good. Figured yours would do more than low 40s with that 75!

My godfather had a 15 or 16 foot skeeter with a 200 merc on it and a cop clocked him over 100mph goin under a bridge somewhere around Lake Charles/Sulphur!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DeerTracker
My alweld will almost tip the right side in the water in a sharp turn. But I guess the day the boat mechanic took it out, the wind was blowin and he was heading straight into it in the chop. Said it was dancin around pretty good. Figured yours would do more than low 40s with that 75!

My godfather had a 15 or 16 foot skeeter with a 200 merc on it and a cop clocked him over 100mph goin under a bridge somewhere around Lake Charles/Sulphur!
Was it a Wrangler? The sixteen footer was only rated for 150 hp. Back in the day, that was a helluva rating though. If he had it motored up with 50 over, I would say it was salty. I think the 15 foot version was rated for 120 or 130. Back then, most 16's were rated 85 hp, as were 15's.

Last edited by ColeYounger; 02/22/11.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There ain't nothin' like the smell of outboard exhaust. It's like Hoppes.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1936M71, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 64 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,493,989
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.