-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too many Ken Griffey jr highlights to mention, but the time when he hit a Home run in 8 consecutive games. I believe Ron Fairly made the call. I tried to find it on you tube but struck out..pun intended. laugh

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the best..?

[b][color:#3333FF]Nolan Ryan giving Robin Ventura the business[/color][/b] when he charged the mound after being hit.

[Linked Image]

Classic..!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rrroae
Bill Buckner.

Need I say more?

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� Dad and I watched Jim Gentile hit a grand-slam homer. Next time Gentile came to bat, the bases were again loaded. And I knew.

"Dad, he's going to do it again!"

"Yes, he is."

And he did.

� I caught a long fly ball in deep, deep right field � right at the fence corner. The runner on third tagged-up and headed for home.

There wasn't time to relay the ball through second, so I put all that I had in a panic throw to the catcher �

� and the catcher watched it go over his head and over the top of the back-stop.

Great moment? No. Unforgettable? Yes.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don Larson pitching the perfect World Series Game in 1956.

I have a baseball from the game, signed by the entire Yankee team. This is my most cherished childhood possession.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by natman
Offerman was so upset by his poor fielding that after the game he walked in front of a moving bus. Fortunately, it rolled between his legs.

Dick "Dr. Strangeglove" Stuart of the Pirates once picked up a hotdog wrapper that had blown onto the field and the fans gave him a standing ovation.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I think the greatest play in baseball was when Rick Monday of Dodgers, grabbed the U.S. flag from a couple of idiots that had jumped out of the stands and were getting ready to burn it. He saw what was going on and started running for it grabbed it before they could burn it. It was included in the 100 Greatest Plays In Baseball several years ago. There is video of it, but my web fu isn't strong today and I can't find it. Maybe some others have seen it as well.

PaPa260

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaPa260
I think the greatest play in baseball was when Rick Monday of Dodgers, grabbed the U.S. flag from a couple of idiots that had jumped out of the stands and were getting ready to burn it. He saw what was going on and started running for it grabbed it before they could burn it. It was included in the 100 Greatest Plays In Baseball several years ago. There is video of it, but my web fu isn't strong today and I can't find it. Maybe some others have seen it as well.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=rick+monday+flag+video&src=IE-SearchBox&Form=IE8SRC

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Cal Ripken breaking Gehrig's record (and hitting a homerun in the tying and record breaking games....)

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Or Ripken staying long after games to sign autographs...

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Carlton Fisk home run in the 75 World Series was something to remember.
Also Bill Maz's homerun in the 60 series to win it!!

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RAS2

Also Bill Maz's homerun in the 60 series to win it!!

YES! laugh

I was in shop class and the teacher was a Yankee fan... grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Don Larson pitching the perfect World Series Game in 1956.

I have a baseball from the game, signed by the entire Yankee team. This is my most cherished childhood possession.

Dad and I listened on the car radio. It is one of my favorite memories.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sgt217
Cal Ripken breaking Gehrig's record (and hitting a homerun in the tying and record breaking games....)

I was at that game with my son who was 12 or 13 at the time it was awesome. Cal was a class act.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maz's homer is the best. Couse I was born & raised in Pittsburgh. Did anyone see the replay of the entire 7th game of the 60 series. It was from Bing's private film vault. It was on the baseball channel a couple months ago. What a game, what a series. CB

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
So my sister-in-law's father is longtime business partners with Nolan Ryan. After delivering the beating to Ventura, her and the rest of their family went out for a nice quite dinner.

The famous picture of Ventura in the headlock....Ryan won't autograph it anymore.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Schnitzengruben
So my sister-in-law's father is longtime business partners with Nolan Ryan. After delivering the beating to Ventura, her and the rest of their family went out for a nice quite dinner.

The famous picture of Ventura in the headlock....Ryan won't autograph it anymore.

He has class.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another that sticks in my head is Bo Jackson throwing out Mark Reynolds at the plate with an incredible throw from the warning track. Don't believe the throw touched the ground.

I had forgot about Nolan and Ventura. That was classic.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Johnny Roseboro and Juan Marichal, Any body remember that one??

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's not every day that you watch a baseball game and see a fight break out between a 32-year-old pitcher and a 72-year-old bench coach. But there was New York Yankee bench coach Don Zimmer lunging after Boston Red Sox ace Pedro Martinez in the middle of Game 3 of the Yankee-Red Sox playoff series on Saturday. laugh

Last edited by okok; 02/24/11.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1234, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,794
Posts18,496,211
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.