Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
For those of you not living in NW Arkansas I have one for you. At a local IHOP I frequent, a couple of 300lb African American men were causing a small disturbance. A local female officer and another male officer were dispatched to the scene. Upon attempted arrest one suspect gained control of the female and proceeded to beat her repeatedly in the head while his brother held the male officer. After a female eating in there helped the other female officer she pulled her gun and nearly blasted the guy. Both were arrested for attempted murder and nobody was killed. The female officer was beaten badly and required several stitches. My wife works for the same PD as they and made a comment that it was a good thing I wasnt there, meaning myself. A friend of mine said the same thing while sitting with a group of friends. another friend asked why and i answered " Because there would be two dead guys and i would be dealing with it if i didnt get shot by the police while protecting them" I always carry and i eat at IHOP quite often. I would have hated to make that decision but i know what i would have done. So i ask..what would you have done?

If the world didnt suck we would all fall off!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That situation, where I live, would have justified deadly force. No issues whatsoever with putting a round or two in both of them.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
The guy beating the female officer is going to get a hole punched in him if I can hit him.

I am not sure you can shoot the second guy for holding the other officer.

With out being there its hard to make that decision.

Dink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my reckoning is if i'm not available i'd expect LEO to put themselves in harms way to protect my family

i've never had the illusion nor desire to live on a one way street

course with my luck the cop i defended would most likely be dirty and deserve the beating

freakin murphy loves to hang out with me

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's no way I could just stand there and let those officers get beat to a pulp, I'd engage at least the one doing the beating and hope to God I don't have to shoot. Like Dink said, hard to say without being there.

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
SOB is gonna get hit with SOMETHING, whether it be the side of a 1911, a bullet, a bat, a stick, a chair, SOMETHING.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
DOA

The foundation for old age is good memories.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
SOB is gonna get hit with SOMETHING, whether it be the side of a 1911, a bullet, a bat, a stick, a chair, SOMETHING.

Yep...even if I wasn't carrying I'd do all I could to help if needed...and stay the heck out of it if I wasn't needed. I agree with the 2 way street thought.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If he was on top of her hitting her it might be tricky to make a shot like that and not take a chance hitting her also so I dont know if I would have taken the shot or not but I would have jumped in to help.
Like VAnimrod said, hes gonna get hit with something! No way I could stand by and watch without helping..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do something to help. The thugs were obviously suffering from a lead deficiency and need an injection behind the ear...

If I was there and armed, the dude issuing the beating would be looking down a barrel, for how long is up to him.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B3

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Cap one and watch the other come to Jesus.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 8updeerhunter
For those of you not living in NW Arkansas...i ask..what would you have done?

....obviously......stay the heck out of NW Arkansas!! laugh

Last edited by gmoats; 02/25/11.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Without being there, it is hard to say exactly what the appropriate course of action would be.

That being said, the first thought I had was that I would likely tee off on the BG's head with my size 14 Danner boot, followed by knee strikes to the face until he decided to stop beating on the woman. It is not pretty, in fact it is downright ugly. But it stops fights quickly.

BTDT, got the reprimand.

Explosive violence of action usually turns the tables.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Without being there, it is hard to say exactly what the appropriate course of action would be.

That being said, the first thought I had was that I would likely tee off on the BG's head with my size 14 Danner boot, followed by knee strikes to the face until he decided to stop beating on the woman. It is not pretty, in fact it is downright ugly. But it stops fights quickly.

BTDT, got the reprimand.

Explosive violence of action usually turns the tables.

One of the things I miss about not wearing steel-toe logger boots (Chippewas or Carolinas) 24/7 any more....

The make a lasting impression.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So does a Gold Dot Hollow Point.

Punks like these, need something terminal.

Sad fact is, they will be back on the street again, and braggin about the whoopin they put on the po-po and the great time they had in the joint.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
So does a Gold Dot Hollow Point.

Punks like these, need something terminal.

Sad fact is, they will be back on the street again, and braggin about the whoopin they put on the po-po and the great time they had in the joint.
i dod agree if these two had the nerve to fight with two cops (no matter what sex) i would say they have a long history of crimial activity send them to the great beond and let some one eles judge them them [bleep]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not having been there it's difficult to know all the circumstances, but given what you've said at face value, I imagine I'd have thrown down on him & then what would have happened next would have depended on what he did after I told him to stop beating on the po-leece woman.

MM

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Not having been there it's difficult to know all the circumstances, but given what you've said at face value, I imagine I'd have thrown down on him & then what would have happened next would have depended on what he did after I told him to stop beating on the po-leece woman.

MM

+1 It is hard to make a determination with out being there. You are still only allowed to shoot him, depending on whether her life was actually in jepardy. Course one hard fist just right could have killed her. You can only use the same force to save her as you would to save yourself. Lots of other issues there on both sides regarding disparity of force (her size vs yours). Certainly reasonable to present your firearm and "make him an offer he can't refuse."

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am too old to get in a fight so guess what I would do if I had a clear shot.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would wade in to the fray and attempt to help the officer. The level of ivolvement would depend on the reaction of the suspect.

That said my daddy taught me to never fight fair so boots, chairs, whatever is needed to help the SOB see to giving up would be my course of action.

If it came to having to shoot the SOB to save the officer and i thought i could safely do it, rest assured i would do so and sort out the rest after the fact.

As Mackay said Explosive Violence of Action is a quick table turner and the suspect would determine the level of my action.

I also like the one way street analogy of 2legit

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,518
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.