Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What if SHTF means flesh eating zombies? Would this alter all or any of the above strategies?

Can zombies swim?

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JustOneGunner
Well, Mini 14s are as expensive as a lot of other things that I'd take over them -- but not necessarily bad. Dare I say, even as a vehement opponent of an AR, I'd take one over it simply for compatibility. Then there's always the SU16, which is nice because it takes AR mags, and is featherlight.

My instructor at Pine Tech said he's seen people take the lowest-end Savage rifles out of the factory box and shoot 1 MOA with them. Go for it.

Whatever you do, for SHTF, you're going to want a lot of ammo -- thousands of rifle rounds. Pistol, not as important, but have enough to fill all your mags twice is a rule I like. Speaking of mags, get lots of those, too! laugh

Yo,.....

for "SHTF" I want Water, SEED, and SOIL.....

I'll let the hungry aggressors bring me alla' tha crap you're talking about.

....Probably have to start stacking the stuff up in a pit, before it's all played out.

Ask the "Desert Rat Clan",.....I'm a straight up pacifist, Jack.

GTC

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Damn, good call. Didn't even think of the zombie apocolypse!

In that case, DBL barrel shotgun in 12ga.

Screw running, I'm killing me some zom-bags!

Hemi

Oh yeah- LOTS of ammo!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by KDK
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I'm hoarding .22lr ammo, T.P., and tobacco. Figure it'll buy anything I need.

and whiskey!

Note to self: buy a half gallon of good whiskey every payday...

Note to both of us....don't drink the SHTF whiskey until SHTF!!!

Got a barrel on order.....S can't HTF until it is ready though...just sayin' so don't nobody start nuthin til they check with me first! mad

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
1. Wrist rocket and bags of marbles.
2. Rubber band gun
3. Rubber hatchet.

Jeez,....

No LIP GLOSS !!!

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hemi
Damn, good call. Didn't even think of the zombie apocolypse!

In that case, DBL barrel shotgun in 12ga.

Screw running, I'm killing me some zom-bags!

Hemi

Oh yeah- LOTS of ammo!

Were you at work today? I drove by and thought about stopping, but due to the wind trying to wear the snow out I did my shopping and bugged out for home. I25 sucks btw.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

Got a barrel on order.....S can't HTF until it is ready though...just sayin' so don't nobody start nuthin til they check with me first! mad

I hear tell that zombies love whiskey!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
We should be prepping in both areas, but the post wasn't about the food aspect. Heirloom seeds, a well with alternate power or a handpump (or other water access), and a good food store and storage ability are all just as important as guns. There are lots of kinda of SHTF, after all!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TomSmith
The best idea I can come up with is bugging out in a large sailboat. You can be very close to land and still be out of the reach of most of the wandering crazies. You have a ton of mobility, you have little to no need for gas, you'll be a hell of lot safer than on land. Very few people will choose this option. Most will drive into the "country" until they run out of gas, then wander around from there. Last place I'd want to be is with the masses on the highway. With a sailboat, you can hide out in remote places, maybe find a country where the SHNHTF. From a defensive position, you have a pretty good view of boats coming your way, so you can prepare accordingly.

Pretty soon, with lot of folks out foraging, small and larger game will be hunted pretty much to extinction. However, I doubt that I will ever run out fish to catch and if I do, I can always move the boat somewhere else. I'll never run out of drinking water and disposing of waste isn't a problem. Its easy to fit out a sailboat with a few solar panels to charge batteries for lighting at night.

I'm not sure I could live on fish alone, or in a sailboat forever, but I think this plan has fewer holes in it than most I've heard.

As long as the Coast Guard and Navy re still on the side of the free and brave, you'll be OK on the high seas. I'm somewhat concerned with a federal government run muck and a Hitler like regime coming to power.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yah

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by TomSmith
The best idea I can come up with is bugging out in a large sailboat. You can be very close to land and still be out of the reach of most of the wandering crazies. You have a ton of mobility, you have little to no need for gas, you'll be a hell of lot safer than on land. Very few people will choose this option. Most will drive into the "country" until they run out of gas, then wander around from there. Last place I'd want to be is with the masses on the highway. With a sailboat, you can hide out in remote places, maybe find a country where the SHNHTF. From a defensive position, you have a pretty good view of boats coming your way, so you can prepare accordingly.

Pretty soon, with lot of folks out foraging, small and larger game will be hunted pretty much to extinction. However, I doubt that I will ever run out fish to catch and if I do, I can always move the boat somewhere else. I'll never run out of drinking water and disposing of waste isn't a problem. Its easy to fit out a sailboat with a few solar panels to charge batteries for lighting at night.

I'm not sure I could live on fish alone, or in a sailboat forever, but I think this plan has fewer holes in it than most I've heard.

As long as the Coast Guard and Navy re still on the side of the free and brave, you'll be OK on the high seas. I'm somewhat concerned with a federal government run muck and a Hitler like regime coming to power.

Hoping THAT isn't your complete synopsis / answer to FOUR pages of legitimate answers.

Knock off the RP campaigning,...and SPEAK a bit,...all ears here.

really

GTC

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
This thread should shut the [bleep] DOWN,.....

the OP is running a Ron Paul Campaign thread now,....and hasn't the BALLS to respond to a CHITLOAD of good advice, and honest inquiry.

Bored,...plumb stupid,....or something worse ?

I dunno,....but the scenario STINKS

GTC

Some of us have a life shipmate . . . Did your buddy Sean Hannity put you up to this? laugh

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Issue I see with the sailboat bugout is what if New Orleans, Miami et al become the new Mogadishu's.

Caribbean and Gulf may be one giant pirate alley....

Come to think of it, history repeating itself....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We should be prepping in both areas, but the post wasn't about the food aspect. Heirloom seeds, a well with alternate power or a handpump (or other water access), and a good food store and storage ability are all just as important as guns. There are lots of kinda of SHTF, after all!

Exactly. I've done plenty of reading on the subject but was just trying to focus on the fire power part of the equation. I have learned a few things though reading all the replies. I better get over to my "Ron Paul Campaign Thread" though . . . sounds like someone is busting a gut. laffin'

j/k about "laffin"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No, ...

you "Survival Gunsels'" scare the crap outta' regular folks, sometimes.

THAT straight up, and honest enough for you,...Buck ?

Now answer the [bleep]' questions

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Exactly. I've done plenty of reading on the subject but was just trying to focus on the fire power part of the equation. I have learned a few things though reading all the replies. I better get over to my "Ron Paul Campaign Thread" though . . . sounds like someone is busting a gut. laffin'

j/k about "laffin"

Sounds like you're really getting to [bleep] up, to me,....

GTC

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
How does it feel to be an Army on One shipmate?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
while we're readin/posting on, this thread.
who, is prepared for trading for goods or services with some type of monitary funds ?

stock piling silver or gold bars ?
old us silver money with a face value, but worth something since it's made of silver ?
there are some who plan on terrible things to happen, and those that hope and pray nothing ever happens, but if it does are totaly unprepared.
me...
i'm prepared to some degree, but alas, 1 man with family members isn't enough for a hoard, or armed forces.
i know if push comes to shove, i'll take as many with meas i can, before i die !

now blue helmets ....

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by splattermatic
while we're readin/posting on, this thread.
who, is prepared for trading for goods or services with some type of monitary funds ?

stock piling silver or gold bars ?
old us silver money with a face value, but worth something since it's made of silver ?
there are some who plan on terrible things to happen, and those that hope and pray nothing ever happens, but if it does are totaly unprepared.
me...
i'm prepared to some degree, but alas, 1 man with family members isn't enough for a hoard, or armed forces.
i know if push comes to shove, i'll take as many with meas i can, before i die !

now blue helmets ....

This is where I disagree with all the Gold and Silver advisors like Hannity, Gordon, Lavin, and Beck. If the paper money thing fails, and someone offers you "alleged" gold or siver coins, could you be 100% sure it is actually gold or silver . . . much less of what purity? Like Dave Ramsey says, forget about the gold in a crisis.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WGAF what you "Agree" with ?

You setting up to replace BCB. or TRH.

Answer some questions, azzwhole

GTC

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (44mc, B52RadarNav, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 35, 7mm_Loco, 11 invisible), 1,795 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,486
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.