Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Ringman
Well, I didn't read down through the post, but I would like to know if God is killing the other guys for the same reason.

I think we'd have to ask the Westboro folks. They seem to think they have a direct line on God's intentions that the rest of the world just doesn't see. I suspect though that they'd have a different reason for God to be killing the other guys.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Absolutely; did you listen to the sermon though? No pushing of Calvinism there...

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I don't know. I heard a little interview w/ the spokeswoman for the congregation this evening and she said some weird things.

She said that God has commissioned them (the congregation) to blind the eyes of people so that they may see their sin and turn to God.

The problems are that in all references to the reprobate in the Bible being blinded it is God doing the blinding, and He is doing the blinding with the intent not that they may see (duh??) but as a way of giving them over to condemnation.

Nowhere in the Bible has God commissioned people to blind others. Nowhere in the Bible has God blinded people so that they can return to Him.

Of course how that relates to what these folks would have to say of the Islamists who are killing our men in uniform overseas I don't know. It sounds like these folks are a bit beyond reasonable faculties when it comes to their exegesis.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Matthew 15:14 "Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."

If women are supposed to remain silent per the Bible, why do they have a female spokesperson?

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Bible doesn't say God hates homosexuals. He hates the ACT of homosexuality. He loves all men and died so that they can get to heaven. However, He requires that they repent of their sins to be saved and the homosexuals have not done so. Instead, they demand that God accept their sin and it just ain't gonna happen.

The Westboro bunch is flat out wrong in their "Christian" theology.

What he said and what Keven said.

No where in my Bible does it tell me to hate anybody. I may be repulsed by the acts of some people but I cannot think of a single person I hate.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
What if one is an atheist in all this? What about just being a good person? By reading this, I can "out-good" all of you. I am an atheist and come from a strong family of such. You are lucky to have the 'right' to keep and bear" you are supposed to be looking out for everyone else. You need to think carefully about protecting everyone from tyranny. You are not the center. You need to see and recognize what makes you special... and that is... that you will do whatever you have to do to protect and provide for others.

Don't make me come up there...

-=tpr=-

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Romans 1:24 through the end of the chapter seems to indicate the practice is worthy of death....I'm just sayin'.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by jdm953
Originally Posted by Swampman1
Oddly enough I believe Jesus Christ doesn't need a middle man. He's got an instruction book. We just read it, believe it, and live it as an example to others.

You realize that the middle men wrote the book.
No, they only moved the quill.

What we call the gospels are their accounts of what they saw and heard.Like you would testify in court.The epistle's are letters written to groups of believers.Many times they were just advice about specific questions that would only pertain to that group.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
a book written by men, altered over time by other men all of whom claim some special connection with God. The new testament itself was "fixed" by the early Roman catholic church to justify its teachings and beliefs. Many of the early books written about the life of Christ were left out and are largely lost.

Anything that man touches he corrupts for power or to justify his position. Who really knows what God wants?

Respect for the dead and for people that give their lives for my country is a separate topic, if I was the father of one of these soldiers I would find myself arrested for battery.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hate the sin, love the sinner. It's what Jesus did. There is no love coming from the WBC protesters.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheProRifle
What if one is an atheist in all this? What about just being a good person? By reading this, I can "out-good" all of you. I am an atheist and come from a strong family of such. You are lucky to have the 'right' to keep and bear" you are supposed to be looking out for everyone else. You need to think carefully about protecting everyone from tyranny. You are not the center. You need to see and recognize what makes you special... and that is... that you will do whatever you have to do to protect and provide for others.

Don't make me come up there...

-=tpr=-

Ro 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Eph 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith�and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no-one can boast.

There's no such thing as a good person. All have sinned and even the slightest little sin will keep you out of heaven unless you trust Jesus to remove it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Plinker
Hate the sin, love the sinner. It's what Jesus did. There is no love coming from the WBC protesters.

This.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
Groups now, follow them around and block them from view with American flags.

That would be the Patriot Guard.

Patriot Guard

You don't have to be a biker to join. All you have to do is have respect for our veterans & GI's.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T

-=tpr=-

Eph 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith�and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no-one can boast.

There's no such thing as a good person. All have sinned and even the slightest little sin will keep you out of heaven unless you trust Jesus to remove it.

I don't believe in sin. I am a good person and love my wife and kids who are also good people (I'm very lucky). If you wish to talk with any pertinence, try listening occasionally.

I do not think it very kind that people would disrespect others who have given their lives for our freedom. Those who do are not good people. They do not have the corner on truth. And the Bible does not get to tell us what good is and isn't.

-=tpr=-

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
The conclusion I understand most here to have come to is that

1) we agree with the ruling of the SC on this case

2) the members of this congregation are in direct violation of the laws of the very God they claim to represent

You're absolutely correct that these people are unkind in their protests, and they're definately not good people, but by what standard do you come to that conclusion?

There can be no doubt that these people don't have the corner on the truth, for the very truth they profess condemns them by their actions. If you read this thread carefully you'll find that most people here agree with you, but we're basing our claims upon what the Bible says is good and what isn't.

How does one who claims to believe in no ultimate standard and right and wrong make any such claims? Seems to me to be self-contradictory.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by efw
... but by what standard do you come to that conclusion?

How does one who claims to believe in no ultimate standard and right and wrong make any such claims? Seems to me to be self-contradictory.

Well I never said I had no standard. I use my eyes and ears, and I follow my heart. I do not claim to have the corner either, but more important than identifying a single standard is ensuring there are no double standards. From my experience, when good people do this, good things happen.

-=tpr=-

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
As regards WBC, self righteousness is a particularly blinding sin.

Good replies from efw and KG.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

-=tpr=-

I don't believe in sin. I am a good person and love my wife and kids who are also good people (I'm very lucky). If you wish to talk with any pertinence, try listening occasionally.

I do not think it very kind that people would disrespect others who have given their lives for our freedom. Those who do are not good people. They do not have the corner on truth. And the Bible does not get to tell us what good is and isn't.

-=tpr=-

You say you don't believe in sin but then you say there are those who are not good people. Hmmm. How can they not be good people if there's no such thing as sin?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And if there's no such thing as sin, why did Jesus die on a cross for forgiveness of our sins? Must be fiction!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
"Sin" otherwise known "S�nn" recognizes religious morals. I do not recognize a religion, do not believe in a God, therefore can not use the word with it's original meaning.

The crucifixion event�probably. The mythology behind it... "fiction" call it what you like. Your argument? shallow and ill conceived.

-=tpr=-

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (7887mm08, ar33c9, 300_savage, 35, Akhutr, 11 invisible), 1,384 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,208
Posts18,503,885
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.