Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Great story and I'll surely toast you gentlemen tonight.

What was the "unorthodox method"?

^^^read my above post^^^

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Love it. If it's stupid and it works it ain't stupid.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Thanks for sharing that personal history ET. Thanks to you and FlyBoyFlem both for your service. I always enjoy listening to war stories from Vets and find them inspirational. My father served in WWII in the Philippines and New Guinea in the 33rd division, U.S. Army. I too will raise a glass to you fine gentlemen this evening.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
VERY cool, Sir!

Thank you and FlyBoyFlem for your service and for sharing your story.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Absolutely fantastic thread.

All that participated are heros in my mind.

THANK YOU for your service to our country.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
crazyOK,here goes. 474 wasn't a high hill,only 474 meters,but huge in mass. we were on the side facing the South China Sea (25klicks out) and there were 2 long finger ridges with a wide (350m) draw between them. The left hand ridge was lower in height but absolutely lousy with roky caves. We had moved from a combat assault on the summit with my Platoon on the south edge of said finger ridge. We go itno it HARD about halfway down. "Speedy" Gonzales the ag for the M60 got shot in the chest in a bowl in the middle of a bunch of caves. 4 of us, Greg Dodge,Tiny Johnson the Medic, Billy Sims an M79 grenadier and myself went in to get Speedy while Psg Escobar fought it out at 10'range with the gooks to cover us. We got him otu and the REAL fighting began. The NVA GREATLY outnumbered us and were maneuvering on our flank. NOBODY who has experience ever would allow the NVA to maneuver on them. We went low on ammo and called for help. The Spooky showed and began a fire run. The burst was actually within 10' of our perimeter.Tommy"Sunshine" Scoville yelled out we're [bleep]!!! I yelled at Sims to jump on the rock and shuck and jive. He said I wuz outta my friggin mind. I said Billy, the NVA ain't drafted or enlisted any [bleep] lately so jump up and dance,even a dumbass Zoomie would recognize you!!! Sims yelled back that I wuz right, jumped up and danced and the Pilot pulled off until we could get actaul radio contact with him. It would never make it into any tactical manual but we were who we were. We came through it all together and only lost one man. January 25 1970

Good job my friend.. what the rest of you guys that weren't in the chit need to understand is the "N" word was not at all derogatory in most cases!! wink and for me some of my black buds were also called that and they in turn affectionately had names for us white dudes grin ..sound crazy not at all for the times or the bond of brothers black or white!! 41 years seems like a life time but to Jim and me it was yesterday..I'm so very fortunate to have met him here on the "Fire" and above all call him my friend!! smile ... The "Dumbazz Zoomie"

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Jim, I'll be raising a glass of Elijah Craig to you and Woody tonight....

this is the coolest post ever!

Welcome home boys! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
ET----I was typing as you posted.....that was a great story and tff.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm impressed!! Glad you two are home. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just an inspiring thread. A little pep-talk I recall from many years ago (although not 41 >grin<), that went "duty, honor, country", comes to mind. I can think of no better example.

It sure would be neat if you guys would one day meet, and share a meal, or a couple of drinks.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Or a BUNCH of drinks!! grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Great story - thanks for sharing it and thanks to both of you and to all of the rest who served.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or a BUNCH of drinks!!

I got a hunch if that's what they decided to do - that's the way it would be.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Outstanding story. The campfire is a neat place to hang out. Thanks for your service and to all vets here.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
God Bless you both. Thank you for your service.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mako25

It sure would be neat if you guys would one day meet, and share a meal, or a couple of drinks.

They will on a hunt hosted in Wyoming.....if I can talk them into it. whistle

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Fantastic. Thank you both and all who have served and do serve.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They will on a hunt hosted in Wyoming.....if I can talk them into it.

Well done.

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
ET and FlyBoyFlem--- Thank you Brothers and Welcome Home . Web

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mako25

Well done.

That might be how their steaks are if they aren't nice to me....I know both these scoundrels....Jim will be pizzed but he is a gentleman! grin I don't want any accolades. I just have the utmost respect these 2 reprobates.

Last edited by elkhunter76; 03/04/11. Reason: dyslexic fingers....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

488 members (1234, 219 Wasp, 10ring1, 204guy, 222Sako, 22250rem, 35 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,855
Posts18,517,658
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.