Campfire Regular
German brewed, simple pilsener, looks fun grin

[Linked Image]

http://www.duff-bier.be/Welcome.html

Va t'in tch�re !
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sadly in a lot pub photos that make it back this way, I see a lot of Buds on the table.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/27/11.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
Sadly in a lot pub photos that make it back this way, I see a lot of Buds on the table.

I was in the UK a couple years ago and ask the bar keeper what was good and he said folks were raving over this new import "Coors light"

I passed grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bottled imported lager has been increasing in popularity for about the last 20 years...Its very often sold at a premium price in trendy bars and chilled to the point its drinkable..

Other than the odd bottle of "Wife Beater" aka Stella, I generally drink bitter or maybe on a hot summer's day (like we get many of those! grin ), cider if I can get a traditional scrumpy..

Last edited by Pete E; 03/05/11.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ciders have started to become pretty popular in the US particularly local ciders that has allowed some small family orchards to continue to produce varieties of apples that don't travel well.

The camp we just bought has lots of orchards in the local so there may be extensive field research that needs to be done. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pugs
Ciders have started to become pretty popular in the US particularly local ciders that has allowed some small family orchards to continue to produce varieties of apples that don't travel well.

The camp we just bought has lots of orchards in the local so there may be extensive field research that needs to be done. grin

As a teenage, (factory) cider was the drink of choice as it was sweet and fizzy and easy to drink...

At 18, I was at the School of Infantry, Warminster, on a course and the first night we went out on the p1ss (as you do! grin )

Some of the older guys had a rye grin on their faces when I started ordering pints of cinder in the local pubs...What I didn't realise was this was real cider not the fizzy crap i was used too..

I remember the first 3 pubs and the first 3 pints, but after that point, the night remains a mystery.

I do remember waking up the next morning lying in a shower stall in the ablutions block, in a very sorry state...I looked like I done ten rounds with a bengali tiger, as my face was scratched to hell, but apparently I had been trying to crawl down the plug hole in a shower basin before passing out! blush

I stayed off the cider after that until the last night, and although I was bad again, i was not as bad as my oppo who the next day tried to climb into the grounds of a local Safari Park to access a bit of high ground to get a radio signal during a comms exercise! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sneaks up on ya doesn't it! There's a band here that does an amusing little ballad about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u56R_qHTLVI

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very appt indeed! grin

Do you guys get Perry (pear cider)? as well?

its not nearly so common as cider, but again makes a nice summer drink...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Do you guys drink any water over there? Or milk?

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pete E

We do. These folks make a good on

http://www.woodchuck.com/cider/styles.html

Anymore I'd rather have a cider (or 2!) on a hot day than a Pilsner or Wheat beer.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAS2
Do you guys drink any water over there? Or milk?

lol! Funny you should ask that because if you go back a few hundred years here in the UK, when possible, everybody drank beer as a matter of course instead of water..When I mean "everybody" I include kids..

It seems back then, they understood that drinking water caused a variety of illness'es but beer was "safe"...

So as a standard every day drink, a relatively weak beer was served, while full strength beers were served in taverns and pubs in the more usual circumstances..

When tea eventually became available, that filled the same niche as boiling the water of course made it safe...Again, people didn't actually understand why, just the effect..

Hence why tea and beer were historically so popular over here..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pugs

We do. These folks make a good on

http://www.woodchuck.com/cider/styles.html

Anymore I'd rather have a cider (or 2!) on a hot day than a Pilsner or Wheat beer.

I have seen these and never tried them. Of course now I have too. grin

Any advice Pete or is this a milder version. whistle

"That's what happens when your leaders stop being an American and start being a politician." George S. Patton
What would Yoda do...your ass kick it he would.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAS2

I have seen these and never tried them. Of course now I have too. grin

Any advice Pete or is this a milder version. whistle

I've not tried American cider, so can't comment, but I'm sure Pugs wouldn't steer you wrong!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've not tried American cider, so can't comment, but I'm sure Pugs wouldn't steer you wrong!

Well, depends on the person. I have a special drink all lined up for Lee24. grin

Buy a mix pack - the flavors vary a lot. My favorites are the Amber (sweet and smooth) and the Granny Smith (Nice sharp bite) varieties. They are all about 5% alcohol so pretty much the same as beer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you are ever in the neighbourhood these are certainly worth a try.

http://www.merridalecider.com/products/

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Woodchucks is excellent on a hot summer day after splitting wood...or.....waking up..grins

I love the Amber...but they go down far too easy.

Beer or a mixed drink guy generally...but those woodchucks hit the spot somedays.

FMP

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The last time I was in Ireland - 2008, Budweiser was very popular with the younger crowd in the pubs I visited. I thought it was a shame to let all the good Irish beer go to waste so I drank as much as I could...

I think it has to do with something that is "new." When I went to Arizona State Univ, the beer that was all the rage was Rolling Rock. Having grown up in PA, that stuff was 1.98 for a 12 pack and wasn't worth buying. In AZ, it was $10 per 6-pack and the stuff flew off the shelves.

RH

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

These are two very good US beers to drink: Moosehead and Samuel Adams Boston lagger, prefer the second one.
Taste it and enjoy...

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey,Marseille!!! LOONNNGGG time no see!! How da Hell have you been???

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Hi Evil Twin,

Had lot of work, hunted a bit around France, Europe (Portugal, Spain, Germany, Poland, Lithuania, England) and Australia but was also bored of jokes about France and french by people on the forum who can't even recall they ancestors came from old world.
Do you like Samuel Adams beer? Was hunting good for you?
Had good time in Australia North Territory at the end of dry season, shot some buffalos with my 50AK and some nasty big wild boars. Real hunt in Arnhem Land. No alcohol, no swimming pool, no TV, simple but good food, with a very good and kind guide, former australian navy combat diver. Spent evening drinking tea an soda, speaking of hunt and life, sharing experiences. Even hunted with a guy from Alaska, former SF based in Germany who came for a big trophy bull. Fantastic experience. Hope to come back there in 2013 with a muzzle loader, may be a Kodiak 58 cal from Pedersoli....
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Have posted more pictures on big bore lever gun.

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 60 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,770
Posts18,476,810
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.