Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I peruse Gunbroker quite often and I always notice a slew of Blaser rifles with zero bids. Does anyone actually ever sell these things to the public? What are some adjectives that would describe the type of consumer who would drop that kind of coin on a rifle? Finally, do these dealers actually have these rifles in stock, or does Blaser keep them in a giant warehouse somewhere and dole them out once in a while when someone comes along with more money than sense and buys one. confused

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The R93 In some iteration is what you usually see although there may be some new R8s now too. It's--the R93--fairly popular having sold over a 100k rifles and that was early in the decade.

Seems you know a lot about "them" (ie, more money than sense). What has been your experience with Blasers? The incredible accuracy? The take-down feature that let's you switch scoped barrels in different case head sizes in minutes? The light, compact ergonomics? The long list of of wood grades/synthetic and chambering choices? The detachable scope mounts that hold scope zero or fits on any other barrel?

I see what you mean. Nothing there anybody who is into rifles would like..

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I would love to have the coin to drop on a Blaser and a few extra barrels, so even though I don't have more money than sense, I wish I did.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I gotta rich squirrely buddy that buys em; he thinks my old pre-64's wearing period glass are outdated draconian trash.

Gunner

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Don't know much about who buys them, but it used to be when I did a search for Lefthand rifles on gunbroker, a gazillion blazers would clog my search results. I had to type up a fairly complex boolean search string to exclude the majority, but not all blazers that came up since sellers spelled and listed them so many different ways. Kept it in a text file so I could copy and paste it in. Don't have that problem anymore and haven't used that complex search string for a long time.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I just see $1000 barrels and $250 scope mounts, and figure anybody that would buy one is Nuckin Futs grin

I can think of literally 100's of rifles I would buy first.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The K95s sure are nice though.

You can keep the rest......

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'd go Dakota M10 in a single shot, but then I don't buy a lot of single shot rifles.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Excellent question. I have wondered the same thing myself about the Blasers.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by goodnews

The R93 In some iteration is what you usually see although there may be some new R8s now too. It's--the R93--fairly popular having sold over a 100k rifles and that was early in the decade.

Seems you know a lot about "them" (ie, more money than sense). What has been your experience with Blasers? The incredible accuracy? The take-down feature that let's you switch scoped barrels in different case head sizes in minutes? The light, compact ergonomics? The long list of of wood grades/synthetic and chambering choices? The detachable scope mounts that hold scope zero or fits on any other barrel?

I see what you mean. Nothing there anybody who is into rifles would like..
Europeans love them because many European countries only allow ownership of one rifle, and with the Blaser you can have one rifle in just about as many calibers as you like.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunner500
he thinks my old pre-64's wearing period glass are outdated draconian trash.

Draconian?

Campfire Pistolero x2

Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else. -Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by macrabbit
Originally Posted by gunner500
he thinks my old pre-64's wearing period glass are outdated draconian trash.

Draconian?

I dont know what he was implying, I think he meant medieval, or something to that effect, he thinks the old rifles are outdated junk.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Europeans love them because many European countries only allow ownership of one rifle, and with the Blaser you can have one rifle in just about as many calibers as you like.

I don't know anywhere in Europe where people are restricted to buying just one rifle?

Not even in the UK does our system work like that..

I would say that most Europeans who buy a Blaser are looking for a finished high quality off-the-shelf rifle, rather than one where they have to get the trigger altered, the action bedded ect..

Also many Europeans travel to hunt, and travelling with one take down rifle and a couple of barrels is much easier than two full size rifles.

Quite a few people in the Club I belong to own them, and while I can see the attraction they are not for me.

Blaser have also had a few "issues" over the years with rifles suffering unexplained major failures when the trigger is pulled. I saw one last year at the range where the action froze solid after the shot and the case couldn't be extracted.

Such problems are undoubtedly rare, but Blasers just seem over engineered/complicated compared to a standard bolt action..

Last edited by Pete E; 03/08/11.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Had one. Beautiful rifle. A friend wanted it so it's gone.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I had that kind money to spend on a rifle, I sure as heck would buy somethin' else.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I used a Blaser R93 rifle (outfitter's gun) a few months ago, in Spain, to take a Beceite Ibex.

It is indeed a fine piece of work. I would probably buy one, if it was chambered for a caliber I really wanted.

I have an older, Camex Blaser, imported into this country in the '80's. I have four barrels for it- none of them shoot worth a flip. The big drawback to the early Blaser was the scope mounting system- each barrel had a dovetail slot for a twist-in scope mount. With time, those mounts, and slots, begin to wear, so much so that they actually affect accuracy.

I would sell the whole thing, but I don't hate anyone that much.....

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
there is just something about the Blaser that turns me off. I would much rather have my 700 Rem or Mod 70. For Varmint hunting give me the AR any old day. I will keep my coins and you can have them.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

I don't like the look, mechanical operation of the Blaser nor a straight pull bolt rifle for that matter.

To each his own.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I was always the same idea,
that in Europe ( Germany and Scandinavian coutries ) that folks were limited to the number of rifles one can own.
So, the swap barrels were popular.

There are too many that will never buy anything that doesn't look like a post WW II bolt action gun.

Just as a lot will never look at a Chippa (?) Rhino revolver because it's different than a S & W.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everything you said is correct. If I were limited in the number of guns or even started with a Blaser then I might have a different opinion.

Also I don't even know what a "Rhino" revolver is without looking it up.

Even then straight pull rifles give me the creeps.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,259 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,261
Posts18,486,431
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.