Campfire Tracker

ok!

CI16728
#5033841 - 03/11/11 02:53 PM Re: Greybull Precision in action [Re: TheProRifle]
rosco1 Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: utah
Originally Posted By: TheProRifle
Someone makes a disparaging remark about me, and they get it right back (I'm sure he's a lovely guy with a lot of knowledge), but last time I checked, being permitted to defend one's own views is part of being American.

There's this weird bitch-click up here. It would be nice to keep it civil, but you guys get kind of bull-headed and rattle off knee-jerk reactions like a bunch of lines you've learned and got saved up.

I've read it for a long, long time, it's apparent that it's not the place for me. But that's okay.

Have fun guys.
-=tpr=-

You may try to stop talking out your ass, that'd prolly help.It is hard for some to connect the dots tho.

#5035488 - 03/12/11 05:16 AM Re: Greybull Precision in action [Re: TheProRifle]
efw Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Mi.
I kept it civil but you didn't care to engage the logic of my argument.

Sounds like maybe you would be best served starting your own board where anyone who challenges you can have his priveleges revoked.

Then you can converse with yourself about all you know and your vast experience and hear nothing but compliments on your wisdom and depth.
Sometimes you bring up the water when the well is dry

-Buddy Miller

#5035969 - 03/12/11 07:53 AM Re: Greybull Precision in action [Re: efw]
TheProRifle Offline

Originally Posted By: efw
I kept it civil but you didn't care to engage the logic of my argument.

Sounds like maybe you would be best served starting your own board where anyone who challenges you can have his priveleges revoked.

Then you can converse with yourself about all you know and your vast experience and hear nothing but compliments on your wisdom and depth.

I have no problem with you, your sarcasm however pulls the rug from beneath you argument. I asked you how you justified those longer shots. You replied saying you personally didn't, and that 300 yards was your tops. That's fine, I respect that. My beef is with those that spit out the "dumbass" one-liners. It's very "highschool" and I can't hold a conversation with that mentality, it's not worth it. I have worked with computers for over twenty five years and spend too much time in front of screens to apportion any of it to people who while only slinging 5hit, can't even do it in an actual sentence.

-=tpr=-

Edited by TheProRifle (03/12/11 07:55 AM)

#5036043 - 03/12/11 08:17 AM Re: Greybull Precision in action [Re: TheProRifle]
efw Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Mi.
I did address how I justify such shots. I said that those I know who seek shots that you and I would consider long range do so after much practice and knowing their limitations. As a matter of fact, they likely know their limitations better than I do because they shoot a lot more than me.

I'd love to get to the point where my limitations were increased due to practice and a rifle built for long range hunting. I'll take a 600+ yard shot on game when I've been clanging steel with regularity and encountered conditions similar to those in the field, I'll go ahead and take something at what may be considered "long range".

Problem is, you said yourself that you don't know things for certain, and then turned around and said that you DO know for certain that no one ought to take the shots you're arguing against.

So which is it?
Sometimes you bring up the water when the well is dry

-Buddy Miller

#5036607 - 03/12/11 11:27 AM Re: Greybull Precision in action [Re: efw]
TheProRifle Offline

Originally Posted By: efw

So which is it?

I did say that I understand that nothing is for certain. I also said I don't take chances. The confusion arises when folk are not willing to make the differentiation between deliberately taking unnecessary chances, versus accepting inevitable risks. They then follow by trying to qualify their chances-taking either as sport or as an entitlement merely because they have pony'd up the cash for five tags that they want to fill. From what you have told me, I can see that you don't do that. Like many others, I am not convinced that the folk in that video aren't taking any unnecessary chances. I personally find that irresponsible, and furthermore damaging to a common cause that we all share, all in the name of selling product or service (read disservice). That is my take on it, which may be of interest梐s the views of others are to me梩o anyone here who has more to contribute beyond shallow high-school jip, however much of an expert they, or others think they are.

-=tpr=-

Edited by TheProRifle (03/12/11 11:28 AM)

#5044223 - 03/14/11 07:11 PM Re: Greybull Precision in action [Re: TheProRifle]
JohnBurns Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Wyoming
I think that one guy that keeps showin up in that video is pretty anoying.

Those guys must smell bad so they can't get any closer. grin grin

#5072300 - 03/22/11 06:55 PM Re: Greybull Precision in action [Re: JohnBurns]
kaboku68 Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Alaska
John,

Have you ever thought of making some custom made 22 lr pistols using Leupold pistol eer variable scopes with your custom modifications in a Browning or a Ruger?

I think that they would be kind of like an entry level system to get people into the skill sets necessary and the taste to get people to step up to the plate for your system.

You show a sort of modified ruger 22 in your Shooting beyond belief dvd series and I was just wondering if that was an avenue that you had thought about.

A custom XP100 or 600 pistol hand rifle system might be interesting as well.

Just Thinking out loud.

Sincerely,
Thomas

#5100826 - 03/31/11 06:47 AM Re: Greybull Precision in action [Re: tunni]
bigmac Offline

Loc: NE Wy
Originally Posted By: tunni
NOTE FROM DAD, I'M GOING TO CONFESS TO HAVING BEEN JOHN'S STEP DAD, HIS MOM AND I WERE TOGETHER FOR TEN YEARS,WE CALLED HIM JACK BACK THEN, ALSO SCOTT'S UNCLE. I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT JOHN IS DOING TODAY STARTED WHEN STILL IN DIAPERS AND HAS NOT LET UP TO DATE. I COULD'T KEEP HIM OUT OF MY RELOADING STUFF,RIFLES,PISTOLS ETC. HE AND BUDDIES WERE HUNTING AND SHOOTING EVERY EVENING AFTER SCHOOL. JOHN, SCOTT AND I HUNTED TOGETHER SINCE THEY WERE JUST BIG ENOUGH TO CARRY SLING SHOTS. BY THE WAY, I NEVER SAW EITHER LOOSE A ANIMAL. BOTH THESE GUYS AND OTHER PARTNERS IN GREYBULL PRECISON HIGH QUALITY INDIVIDUALS, AND 24 HR CAMPFIRE ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE THEM AROUND. IN MY OPINION, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LONG RANGE PRECISION HUNTING, OR PUNCHING HOLES IN TARGETS, OR SHOOTING ROCKS LIKE JOHN DOES FOR PRACTICE, THEN LET SOMEONE ELSE HAVE ALL THOSE UNUSED RIFLES AND GET A SHOOTER, YOU ONLY NEED ONE. JUST A WORD FROM A PROUD DAD, FOR A YOUNG MAN LIVING HIS DREAM--BY THE WAY, AND YOU HAVE TO BE OLD TO REMEMBER THIS--IT WAS DIZZY DEAN--AND IT WAS, IF YOU DONE IT, IT AIN'T BRAGGIN
Very well said kind Sir.
GOD BLESS,
Mac

#5478282 - 08/01/11 06:31 AM Re: Greybull Precision in action [Re: bigmac]
JohnMoses Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Mississippi
Pro whiffle will probably take offense to John shooting rocks....

Claiming you need to be closer, because those poor rocks deserve some respect as well. crazy

www.pronghornsling.com

Page 16 of 19 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
Support Our Sponsors 1
Who's Online
648 registered (12344mag, 17Hunter, 175rltw, 163bc, 1234, 74 invisible), 1494 Guests and 301 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Support Our Sponsors 2
Forum Stats
50908 Members
72 Forums
643776 Topics
9247975 Posts

Max Online: 4366 @ 10/05/10 09:36 AM
Support Our Sponsors 3

Copyright © 2000-2015 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.