Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I bet polska is a Czech.

So when he goes out into the woods, the Czech is in the maille...

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Polska
Originally Posted by rattler
no, just delt with dogs in the past and know when they decide to come after you a bullet beats mail.....call it experience....

to each his own, I never attacked you, why are you attacking me

didnt realize i was attacking, just trying to interject a dose of reality.....stupid to wear mail while hiking, its steel and your gonna sweat.....steel, water and salt is not a good combination amoung other reasons this is a piss poor idea......easier to just pack a gun......

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Polska, I think you may be onto something great here. Man, wish I would have been the one to come up with such a unique idea. You brew one up, come on out to Montana, and I'll see if Sam Olson will help me to get you face to face with a smallish grizz. I will be glad to run the camcorder.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
I bet polska is a Czech.

So when he goes out into the woods, the Czech is in the maille...

BOOOO! grin

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Polska, I think you may be onto something great here. Man, wish I would have been the one to come up with such a unique idea. You brew one up, come on out to Montana, and I'll see if Sam Olson will help me to get you face to face with a smallish grizz. I will be glad to run the camcorder.

thinking that ol' she griz he made his b!tch?

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ain't talkin'...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As I recall Polska the last time you got all pissy here you invited folks to upstate NY if they wanted to settle matters... Right?

So it begs the question...
There that many wolves and cougars in upstate NY?

grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
....yeah, there are some "nasty" people here...LOL. But the stupid ones make up the vast majority of people here. See you in the Darwin awards. Chain Maille and bears....Laffin!!! Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i remember a guy on the discovery channel made a bear suit. when they tested it with a live grizzly he pealed it open like a sardine can.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This thread is kind of funny! I wonder how many have ever seen the metal car doors just peeled right off a car or truck by a bear wanting to get inside that vehicle?

How many have ever seen a fight between a grizzly bear and a mature bull elk? I saw a small grizzly (300-lbs) strattle a bull elk after he killed it and walk off into the thick brush dragging like a horse would a roped calf. Now that elk weighed at least 750 lbs folks.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Grizzly bears are not something I have or want to spend much time around. I looked one in the eye once across a single wire electric fence, and it brought a realization into my mind about the food chain that is still there.
We're number two.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If a grizz gets a hold of you you will be...grin

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SU35
Polska,

Are you from, or living in Kamchatka?

OR?

Just asking.

Chernoble.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by SU35
Polska,

Are you from, or living in Kamchatka?

OR?

Just asking.

Chernoble.

Amchitka...

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
i've been studying how to make chainmaille just as a hobby, I'm wondering if riveted chainmaille with thick rings could provide decent defense in a fight with a cougar or wolf or small bear... I think there teeth and claws would break on the steel? just something to think about. Even if a brown bear got you down the steel would atleast prevent him from ripping you apart.. althought it would leave nasty bruises, i'd rather have bruises then deep cuts.

with the large bears it aint just bruises, still gonna break bones and can still rip your arm off.....unreal the amount of damage that can be done even without teeth breaking skin...have heard the bite force of a large griz is 1800psi.....chain mail will not cushion you from that......

I think you'd have the same problem with cats chewing on your neck. What you need is the full suit of rigid armour, not chain mail.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i've been studying how to make chainmaille just as a hobby, I'm wondering if riveted chainmaille with thick rings could provide decent defense in a fight with a cougar or wolf or small bear... I think there teeth and claws would break on the steel? just something to think about. Even if a brown bear got you down the steel would atleast prevent him from ripping you apart.. althought it would leave nasty bruises, i'd rather have bruises then deep cuts.

Sorry if I did not read the responses before this and it gets repetative.

Are you out of your mind?

A couple of bruises?

You are well on your way to becoming a "Darwin award" recipient!!!

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by fyshbum

Sorry if I did not read the responses before this and it gets repetative.

Are you out of your mind?

A couple of bruises?

You are well on your way to becoming a "Darwin award" recipient!!!

I don't believe in Darwin, I believe in Jesus Christ and his only true church, the Catholic church

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Reiche

with the large bears it aint just bruises, still gonna break bones and can still rip your arm off.....unreal the amount of damage that can be done even without teeth breaking skin...have heard the bite force of a large griz is 1800psi.....chain mail will not cushion you from that......

I think you'd have the same problem with cats chewing on your neck. What you need is the full suit of rigid armour, not chain mail.

I could get the chain to go around my neck and and bend some sheet metal into a small collar, fold over the edges so it's not sharp and attach it to the maille. But if the maille is welded properly I doubt the cougars teeth would go thru. steel vs. tooth... steel wins

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
As I recall Polska the last time you got all pissy here you invited folks to upstate NY if they wanted to settle matters... Right?

So it begs the question...
There that many wolves and cougars in upstate NY?

grin

i'm still down,
Originally Posted by Flinch
....yeah, there are some "nasty" people here...LOL. But the stupid ones make up the vast majority of people here. See you in the Darwin awards. Chain Maille and bears....Laffin!!! Flinch

Sounds good, girlie man!!

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by sawbuck
If a grizz gets a hold of you you will be...grin

Well no armor can stop a grizz from killing you nless you are in armored vehicle. Thats when a self destruct device comes into play hahaha. When that [bleep] is chewing on me i'll blow myself and him up... just kidding. But its always good to leave one bullet for yourself... i'd rather blow myself up or shoot myself If I know I have no chance of fighting the bear off or if I know he's a maneather... better then be eaten alive

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,463 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,961
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.