Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by Polska
Originally Posted by maarty
I'd rather be able to maneuver and shoot or run away which I doubt I could if I was wearing a steel suit.

I'm not worried about weight, they don't even weigh that much, and if you make your own you can make as heavy or light as you want... I would make it light duty to protect say from a looter or thug with a pocket knife or a wolve or cougars teeth and claws. Or even a stray dog.

I know for a bear your done... this would be for LIGHT armor... protection from stray dogs or looters or thugs with knives or slashing weapons...

this is just a hobby, I don't plan on wearing this to work every day or to test it out against a grizzly... I think it would work good against a cougar or cougar sized animal with teeh and/or claws. Chainmaille is surprisingly easy to make too, and cheap.

I'm not worried about weight I weigh 305 pounds and i'm a powerlifter so I have a lot of muscle on me... however even for me I would not want to hike 5 miles with one on. This would only be a [bleep] hit the fan shirt if there was ever anarchy in this country and I needed some basic crude body armor against man or beast

If you wouldn't hike 5 miles in it, how do you expect to encounter a Felis concolor to be worried about in the first place?

As for SHTF, at 305, and slowed down by maille, you'd not be hard to pick out or off.

My suggestion would be to continue making that stuff and selling it to the SCA crowd. When you make enough disposable cash, get a couple decent firearms and become proficient with them.

Since you've trolled back through, Polska...

GB1

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
Grizzly bears are not something I have or want to spend much time around. I looked one in the eye once across a single wire electric fence, and it brought a realization into my mind about the food chain that is still there.
We're number two.

Its good to have respect for bears... its good to have respect for all animals.. regardless of whether they are able to kill your or not. I see so many people on these hunting shows killing pigs and deer and turkeys and other bueatiful animals for no reason other then sport... thats a bad reason, and a waste of time/money. If you don't need the meat let it live. The world does not revolve around us and animals have feelings too....just like IS ee people hunting big bears with .30-06's and .338's... because they are not man enough to shoot a real man's gun a real big bore that will humanely kill it. Would you like to be hunted and shot to death with a .22?? and Being shot at while hiking in the woods from unknown direction with a .22? And run and panic not knowing whats going on... that just ain't right. That being said... maybe some people are #2 on the food chain, but I know that I am #1 and I will always be #1 until the day I die Our intelligence is what makes us #1.. not our brute strength, which even I have but is not enough to over power a bear. I outsmart him.

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
Grizzly bears are not something I have or want to spend much time around. I looked one in the eye once across a single wire electric fence, and it brought a realization into my mind about the food chain that is still there.
We're number two.

Its good to have respect for bears... its good to have respect for all animals.. regardless of whether they are able to kill your or not. I see so many people on these hunting shows killing pigs and deer and turkeys and other bueatiful animals for no reason other then sport... thats a bad reason, and a waste of time/money. If you don't need the meat let it live. The world does not revolve around us and animals have feelings too....just like IS ee people hunting big bears with .30-06's and .338's... because they are not man enough to shoot a real man's gun a real big bore that will humanely kill it. Would you like to be hunted and shot to death with a .22?? and Being shot at while hiking in the woods from unknown direction with a .22? And run and panic not knowing whats going on... that just ain't right. That being said... maybe some people are #2 on the food chain, but I know that I am #1 and I will always be #1 until the day I die Our intelligence is what makes us #1.. not our brute strength, which even I have but is not enough to over power a bear. I outsmart him.

JFC....

Talking squarely out of your azz about stuff you clearly have no experience with, and certainly no clue about.

Please, stay in the Peoplez Republik of NewYorkistan.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Hey, anyone doing any 'yote blasting this spring?

Pics?

grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[bleep]! Is this loon for real??

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
...I outsmart him.

i'd come up with a plan 'B' if i were you...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
its good to have respect for all animals.. regardless of whether they are able to kill your or not. I see so many people on these hunting shows killing pigs and deer and turkeys and other bueatiful animals for no reason other then sport... thats a bad reason, and a waste of time/money. If you don't need the meat let it live. The world does not revolve around us and animals have feelings too....just like IS ee people hunting big bears with .30-06's and .338's... because they are not man enough to shoot a real man's gun a real big bore that will humanely kill it. Would you like to be hunted and shot to death with a .22??

I agree. Use enough gun!
I respect crows
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
...and woodchucks.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
....even coyotes.
[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
DA-YUM!

What did you hit that 'yote with?

IC B3

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
223 WSSM/75 gr. A-max.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
WAY overpenetrated.... wink

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It was out of respect. OTOH, he shoulda prepared himself.....with chain mail.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by FVA
It was out of respect. OTOH, he shoulda prepared himself.....with chain mail.

The shrapnel from that would have been... impressive.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Hey, check out the "attack of feral cat" thread in the HC.

Reckon we could get down to Oz and "respect" some felines? grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Teeth are stronger than steel? Steel wins every time? Another moronic statement. Do a google search for Lion attacks and bear attacks. There are several pictures of rifle scopes (steel ones) and rifles being punctured and torn apart by nothing more than the critters teeth. I have seen little racoons chew their way out of heavy wire traps...yes, chew, not tare. Friggen idiot Polsky. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Is that supposed to intimidate me? or impress me? I've seen plenty of death in my life. I'm not against hunting, but I'm against stupid people like you that make true hunters like me look bad

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Flinch
Teeth are stronger that steel? Steel wins every time? Another moronic statement. Do a google search for Lion attacks and bear attacks. There are several pictures of rifle scopes (steel ones) and rifles being punctured and torn apart by nothing more than the critters teeth. I have seen little racoons chew their way out of heavy wire traps...yes, chew, not tare. Friggen idiot Polsky. Flinch

Yea but most scopes are not made from steel.. actually I don't know any that are made from steel, most are made from aluminum... you are obviously moronic. Chain maille is not a hollow scope, its much stronger.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by FVA
...and woodchucks.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

What a trophy, those damn groundhogs and coyotes, real danger... how about you put your 2000 dollar gun down, pick up a revolver or a bow and hunt a bear in dense bush. Your a waste of time

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
What is so pleasurable in killing something just for the sake of killing? There is no honor in wasting a groundhog for 200 yards. Or sitting in the safety of our treestand with a bow over a bait pile and shooting a bear or buck... not true woodsman, just pretenders

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 59 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.