Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Amen! The internet is an ugly place. If you go there not thinking there is a thief behind every bush, you will be screwed before you know it!

I say that based on 40 years in the business...

GB1

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Free will brought me here, same as you. It has no matter to me if a count is 8 or 8000 on feedback. When I bid,buy or sell I play by majority rule. When I bid,buy or sell and the next guy skirts the rules, I won't play at that table again. I do agree the internet auction sites work by and large pretty good.

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Amen! The internet is an ugly place. If you go there not thinking there is a thief behind every bush, you will be screwed before you know it!

I say that based on 40 years in the business...

I agree. I also agree with ring3 in that I'm becoming more interested in going back to local flea markets or auctions where the product you are buying is in front of you and when you buy it you leave with it in hand.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
Thomas Jefferson- 1816

NRA Endowment Life member
NYSRPA Life member
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Too bad you have so little faith in the essential honesty of people. After 50+ years of "doing deals" (1000s) from the GunList, Shotgun News and all the Internet sights, I've had fewer than 10 problems and all but one were resolved between the buyer/seller. One took PayPal to get involved but it also came out fine.
Heck I've bought lotsa stuff here and yet to have an issue.

I gotta believe you cynics are not serious Internet buyers and sellers. If it were the horrible place you say, all the websites (including the Classified here) would be out of business.

You keep looking for the thieves behind every bush and going to the flea markets ...... less competition for the rest of us.

Last edited by mtdorarider; 03/18/11.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Think of the money I could save!

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
You must be very popular in Nigeria.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
You buy your guns from Nigeria ? Does Hillary know about that ?

Ooops sorry missed that you live in the Peoples' Republik of Kalifornia ...... most Internet sellers won't sell you guns so I guess Nigeria is a reasonable alternative.

I'm still spending the $10,000,000 I got from the nice lady in Lagos who told me about my long lost fourth cousin with the diamond mine that collapsed on him when the UFO landed on the mountain it was in.

Maybe you have rich Uncle in South Central L.A. ? (a joke)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just to update this...

mtdorarider is Larry Root, the guy this entire thread is about. Isn't it amazing how he trolled this entire thread and never came out and denied any allegation, as an honest man would?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably because Larry Root is dishonesty personified.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Hah, mtdorarider was the first person that I ever put on ignore on these forums. Good to know that I have good taste!

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
Thomas Jefferson- 1816

NRA Endowment Life member
NYSRPA Life member
IC B3

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
It's odd that a post was deleted from here that a lot of you had already read. Is the same mob mentality starting on the other thread of Cobbled Together? Emailing a seller you know is in the wrong will get at times what you may be asking for. Just because you know something doesn't make you smarter. Could it be manners stop here? I've seen this out of you guys more than once.

I
I
LP, don't be surprised at anything you see happen on this site. You may THINK it is run by Mr. Bin but he only does what he told to by a small clique (+- 12) of loudmouths who really control the site.
I've been banned so many times I've lost count and could really care less as this site is about as secure as the AZ border.
Bought a lot of good stuff here from some gentlemen who don't get their rocks off by having 5 digit post counts.

Have you considered why that post was deleted and who commanded it to be done ? The very same people who were identified in it as liars and trolls.
How do you think ONE post out of 1000s over the same period was specifically identified ? Luck of the draw ? Hardly heroic tactics eh ?

Keep your head down because if you get in their crosshairs they will first tag you as UBB buddies and then start attacking you on every thread you post on.
There are far better sites, run by adults who quickly can the types of jerks who try to CONTROL everyone here.

"Just because you know something doesn't make you smarter. Could it be manners stop here? I've seen this out of you guys more than once."

That just could be your kiss of death as you are not dealing with adults.

Last edited by Immer; 03/23/11. Reason: tell the truth
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry, Larry, Larry, yet another new handle? How do you keep track of who you are? Heck, you have more 24HCF personalities than Sybil and she had 16!

If you were honest with yourself, you'd know exactly why you get run off shortly after you reincarnate yourself. Why? Easy answer, 'cause you're a transparent poser and as the old saying goes "you can fool the fans, but you can't fool the players".

JEff

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lowprofile--
I suppose there's a kernel of truth in what you're saying, but I would stop way short of calling this "Mob mentality." For the most part, this is a pretty genial and welcoming community of folks--far more so than is usually encountered in similar web discussion groups. The guys here are friendly, generous, and helpful, in my experience, but they have a low threshold for BS and for con-artists.

As for my actions with the seller in question on the other thread titled "Another Cobbled-up Mess," yes I did e-mail the seller to ask for his explanation of the rifle's parentage (a question to which I already knew the answer). I did this not to learn about the rifle, but to learn about the seller. His response told me everything I needed to know. Was this bad manners? I don't think so. Is it bad manners to misrepresent a basket-case rifle as some sort of rare collector's piece? Yes, in my opinion it is.

Rod

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I do agree with what you said about the seller you asked a question to. Your not going to fix it, they're every were. Pick and choose, cover you assets

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Immer

There are far better sites, run by adults who quickly can the types of jerks who try to CONTROL everyone here.

Well GO to those sites, because your not welcome here.

Course your too dumb to realize that arent you Lawrence?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Immer
LP, don't be surprised at anything you see happen on this site. You may THINK it is run by Mr. Bin but he only does what he told to by a small clique (+- 12) of loudmouths who really control the site.
I've been banned so many times I've lost count and could really care less as this site is about as secure as the AZ border.

So, just to make sure I understand. You are stating publicly and clearly that you are intentionally committing felonies? And I'm not a lawyer, but I am an IT guy and I do know the fed and state laws on this issue carry teeth. I think making use of Rick's server to annoy and drive away the people that make up his business is a bad place to be in from your point of view. Might want to talk with your son and see about this, if you're not estranged.

Florida Statute 815.06 Offenses Against Computer Users.

1. Whoever willfully, knowingly, and without authorization accesses or causes to be accessed any computer, computer system, or computer network; or whoever willfully, knowingly and without authorization denies or causes the denial of computer system services to an authorized user of such computer system services, which in whole or part is owned by, under contract to, or operated for, on behalf of, or in conjunction with another commits an offense against computer users.

2.a. Except as provided in this subsection an offense against computer users is a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in S.775.082, S.775.083, or S.775.084.

And in addition you are apparently retired from active work, and actively engage in the buying and selling of firearms as a means of supporting yourself? Seems the ATF likes to get involved with that issue also.

Hope nobody that you've upset on this site is of a mean nature.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wonder how many otherwise calm, rational people would like to visit harm on this guy. He seems to bring out a primal need for violence in some people, or so I noticed on other forums. I'll bet he took a licking on the school yard quite often as a kid. For his consistent anti-social behavior (in lo his many incarnations) on this web site I wouldn't be surprised if someone someplace snaps and takes virtual tongue lashing to real lashing.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Kids like that rarely get beat up...they just foment trouble among the other kids. Sneaky little bastards mostly. When they get caught, some poor kid who succumbs to the compulsion to punch the little twit usually gets in trouble.

Endure Fortis
Marte Suo Tutus
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Kind of like emailing leading questions, ?. I posted before that this is not game to bet or win on. You guys get into a mob thing and just push it, not worth it. Let it go and it goes away. The start of this post was just like my mom said, It's always fun untill some one gets hurt! The starter of this post got hurt and whimpered then all jump in. I've said it before, did you poke a stick at it? If so, take the bite.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugemag, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,511
Posts18,509,390
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.