Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
For much the same reasons...I now carry my Kel-Tec PF-9...EVERYWHERE!!! 7 rounds of 9mm and a spare mag ride with me like a second wallet.

Elk Country

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
HD sub compact in 9 maybe 40 never hurt to have an extra Tomcat 32 in somewhere else. get the wife packing. I use a revolver while hicking but want the hi-cap in towm.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
What a mess. We should not have to put up with this kind of crap. Take care of yourself, your family and your community any way necessary.

Amen!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sorry but my advice would be a 1911. I want the 45 for stopping power and like the way it hugs my body, almost fits as well as my wife when she hugs me. Points well and shoots well. I do not mind the hammer cocked thing. Been a lot of carry hours spent in condition 1 and have not seen any headlines about someone shooting their butt off. If the weight bothers you then one of the alloy frames could help.

Thing is, if you need it and I hope and pray you never do then you want something that will do the job. Eight in the mag and one in the chamber make for a lot of deterrent and if all else fails will do the job right when needed.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Probably easier to just make shopping a neighborhood endeavor and take your friends.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It's hard to do better than either the SIG 239 or Glock 19/23 when you weigh concealibility, hitability, reliability and a decent caliber.

I have bigger and smaller guns but these two get the most use. Everytime I think about carrying something smaller I realize if you're going to carry a gun you should carry a real gun.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
My own choice at this time is a 1911 full size. I don't deem it necessary to carry a 2nd piece at this time where I live. In your situation.....I'd be thinking 2 handguns...primary to be a semi auto, medium to full size with at least 1 spare mag. 9mm, .40, or .45 your choice. Pick the nastiest self defense ammo you can find for your piece......I happen to like Winchester Ranger. 2nd piece....small hammerless .38 Special revolver or a small .380 or .32 semi auto. Carry 2nd piece on your weak side front pants pocket maybe. Feed your 2nd piece the nastiest ammo you can find. Practice, practice, practice...only your life depends on it.
You know, the next time you see this bottom feeder, he will have his boys with him. 2,3,4 guys......odds not in your favor. Let this be the motivating factor for your choices. Good luck and God bless you and your family.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Hey Crosshair
Fellow Ohio carrying too
check your PM's

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Glock 23 and LCP here. The LCP was a gift from my in laws. If I didn't have that, I'd have a Smith 642.

I ALWAYS have one, and many times both, of these on me.

Whatever you get make sure you shoot plenty of your carry ammo to check feed/extract reliability.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
Hey Crosshair
Fellow Ohio carrying too
check your PM's

Got it. You know our new Governor is talking about changing sentencing so the non-violent are left on the streets. Fact is, just because the crime they are accused of is non-violent doesn't mean they are non-violent. This will apply mostly to drug offenders, the most unpredictable lot.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Kahr MK40 in crossbreed IWB and LCP in back pocket holster. Mk40 has a trigger like cream honey and shoots like a dream - dependable. In the summer, I carry it in a Smart Carry. The only honest drawback of the MK40 is its weight which is one of the things that makes it so shootable. In the right holster it is not a problem. I love this combo. Concealable. Handy. Deadly.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kahr P9 is hard to beat, my favorite conceal carry weapon

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CW9 has been a utterly reliable for both me and my wife.

Me thinks most of those bangers are looking for a easy target and wont stick around long enough to warrant a mag change.

I think if they really are out to get you, they will ambush you and it wont matter what you are carrying, you probably wont know what hit you.

Most if those gangbangers are of a chicken schitt lot, and hang out in numbers for the back up.

Just my perspective, others may be of a different opinion.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Snubnose 357 magnum w/2 speedloaders.

That will do it.

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Crosshair,
Sorry that the situation arose and that times have gotten to that sad state of affairs.
I have never had an Oh S..t!! moment where deadly violence was imminemt, but my closest friend was there. He was saved by the presence of a Commander in his hand and no one was hurt -- except for some seriously elevated blood pressure. He is now searching for a 24/7 kinda' pistol and carry rig for it. He is a huge fan of the 45acp but has resigned himself to the Kahr or Ruger's compact 9mm. My thinking is that it is better to have a 9mm on your hip when you need it, than a 44mag in the safe at home.
Good luck and get SOMETHING today!

Johnny $

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
G17 or G19 in a Crossbreed holster, extra mag on support side hip with a +2 (19rds). Khar PM9 in front pocket. Surefire Backup light in back pocket.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've told this story before, but feel it is worth repeating.

Several years ago, I was headed to the hunting camp, truck loaded down with rifles, shotguns and, of course, at least two pistols, including my Glock 23 duty pistol. I fiddled around in the bed of the truck a few minutes, preparing to buy ice and gas, then went in the store. When I went in the store, the regular clerk said "Did you see the two guys who just left?". I told her "No". She then stated, "They were trying to rob me, but I told them you were a cop and they left.". I was unarmed when I went in the store.

Take what you want from my experience, but even after 28 years of law enforcement, much of it undercover, it changed me.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think it would have changed me too! eek Could have just as easy gone the other way.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
He is a huge fan of the 45acp but has resigned himself to the Kahr or Ruger's compact 9mm. My thinking is that it is better to have a 9mm on your hip when you need it, than a 44mag in the safe at home.
Good luck and get SOMETHING today!

Johnny $

Not an LEO and have not been 36 years. Then I way young and stupid. Glad I made it out alive. That said I have looked at the 9mm vs 54 thing almost every way I could. It the recent news we have seen two head shots with 1 9mm that did not result in death. The first that comes to my mind was posted here. Cannot remember the details but some highly intelligent person shot himself in the head with his 9mm. The report was he was talking to the EMTs all the way to the hospital and he was released in a day of two. Again that is from my memory and that is not what it once was. The second was the Senator in AZ. She was shot in the head from side to front and is reported to be on the way to recovery. I wish her the best.

So to my way of thinking I want something bigger. I understand a 40 is good but I put my bet on a 45. It is big and heavy but that is the price I will gladly pay for my protection. God forbid I ever have to use it but if I do I want it to do the job.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
i carry a full sized 1911 all the time. it works for me, but i am a big dude. its not that hard for me to conceal it, and the weight doesnt bother me. no doubt in the .45 ACP to kill what i shoot either.

living in the same town as Marty....

I DON'T carry a weapon with me...I do it for my OWN Safety..

My problem is, with the level of scum running around on the streets of our nation where ever you go, I'm sorry but I would be too tempted to use it....

and in Oregon here, criminals have more civic rights to than a law abiding citizen have...

if someone broke into my home and had my wife with a knife to her throat, if I shot and killed him... under STUPID Oregon laws, I would be guilty of murder at most, or manslaughter at a minimum.

It is illegal to kill someone in your home in Oregon, regardless of what they are attempting to do to your family involving bodily harm.

and I have to admit.. If I had to pull a firearm and use it against some low life, I wouldn't quit shooting until the magazine was empty. They'd have a hole in their head, their throat, their genitals and a few choice spots in between.

That is what the liberal left has turned this country into.
Criminals have more civil rights than they ever extend to their victims, or the state laws extend to the victims..

and all to often, the Courts are on the catch and release program for these criminals..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,918
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.