Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My usual "little friend" today.
The long barrel , compensated G 20.
But then we had over an inch of snow, so it's back to the winter coat!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Where are u from Crosshair? Ashtabula?
I am originally NE Ohio. Mentor , then Geauga county.
Worked for ages in Euclid.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by BMT
A Big Gun is ALWAYS Comforting.

Model 29 and its friends

[Linked Image]

BMT

Damn, bro...

There are a few reasons you can get away with carrying that cannon daily.

1) you work where and for whom you do,
2) GREAT leather,
3) jackets, daily, I'd suspect,
4) you ain't exactly "small".

How close to "right" am I?

But, yeah, that'd be rather comforting, and more than rather effective on anything you chose to use it against.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BMT

Model 29 and its friends

[Linked Image]

BMT

My kind of carry gun. cool

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My favorite carry gun is a Browning HP clone (FEG). It just feels good and is accurate and will feed with any ammo I have tried.

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
My favorite carry gun is a Browning HP clone (FEG). It just feels good and is accurate and will feed with any ammo I have tried.

That, or a 1911. When and where did you get an FEG?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Agree on the SP101 in .357. Mine has an action job, is ported, & has night sights. I set the wife up with a S&W Ladysmith in .38 also with an action job, porting, & night sights. I usually have a 44 Blackhawk in my truck in a mount under the visor. I'm probably in good shape for an OK Corral type shoot out.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

That, or a 1911. When and where did you get an FEG?

I found it a pawn shop a few months ago. I thought I told you about it. Maybe not.

Last edited by hillbillybear; 03/31/11.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
You ain't said nuffin'...

Need to see pics.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You ain't said nuffin'...

Need to see pics.

It the senility kicking. I'll try to get some pictures in the next day or two.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by BMT

Model 29 and its friends

[Linked Image]

BMT

dang, hope you don't fall in the creek with all of that!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
might have a bit of trouble sneakin into the airport too!

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Glock 30. You can't go wrong with 10+1 45acp

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Well said and well put. I think carrying concealed is much better myself,the less anyone knows the better. I carry a factory DAO M60 SW that was made for NYPD only thing those turds ever got right.They sold them all after they went to some wonder gun semi auto. Some times I carry others when I am clothed well enuf to insure their concealibilty. I like sw's from 1945 to 1980 and have a few auto's also but I can use them all proficiently... Magnum Man

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey Seafire, I'm not from nor have I ever been to Oregon, but I just had to investigate your fear that your state would prosecute you for defending your home. In the yahoo search engine I typed "oregon home defense law" and this article was one of the first (and many) to pop up and it was just reported yesterday:

Fatal SE Portland shooting was self defense

Fatal SE Portland shooting was self defense

by KGW Staff
Bio | Email | Follow: @KGWNews

kgw.com

Posted on April 1, 2011 at 3:14 PM
Related:

* Friend IDs man killed in Portland shooting

PORTLAND -- A man killed in a Southeast Portland apartment Thursday was shot by his neighbor in self-defense, police said.

The Oregon State Medical Examiner concluded Friday that 49-year-old Vincent Lee Wyatt, of Southeast Portland, died from multiple gunshot wounds.

Dale Lloyd Duncan, 69, was in his own apartment and banged on the wall to alert the next door neighbor that the noise in that apartment was too loud, according to Portland Police Sgt. Pete Simpson.

Background: Friend identifies man killed in Portland shooting

Wyatt was visiting the next door unit and went over to confront Duncan, at which point he entered Duncan's residence, Simpson said. Wyatt threatened and pushed Duncan, so Duncan got a handgun and fired several shots.

Simpson said Wyatt then fell and landed on top of Duncan, who is medically fragile. When police arrived, Duncan was calling for help, with Wyatt lying on top of him.

Wyatt died at the scene and Duncan was transported to an area hospital for an unrelated medical condition. Duncan has cooperated with investigators.

No arrests were anticipated and no charges were expected to be filed in the case, as investigators determined the shooting was self-defense.

We're still in America, and we are still entitled to a trial by peers. I could never imagine 12 people all agreeing to send you to prison for killing a thug with a weapon trained on your loved one/self. Governments/laws be damned, the trial by peers infallibly enters logic into their (lawmakers) mostly illogical thought processes. God Bless the Founding Fathers, God Bless America!

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

"Normal" isn't coming back; Jesus is!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
CAPITALIST - "We're still in America, and we are still entitled to a trial by peers. I could never imagine 12 people all agreeing to send you to prison for killing a thug with a weapon trained on your loved one/self. Governments/laws be damned, the trial by peers ..."

There is no such term or phrase regarding "peers" in the Constitution, although today, its use is common.

Article VI reads, "In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an IMPARTIAL [emphasis added] jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, ..."

Afterall, if one were entitled to a "jury of one's peers," then the jury at O.J. Simspon's murder trial should have been comprised of 12, black, professional football players, all running backs with perhaps a couple of tight ends. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I never said it was in the Constitution. I used verbage identical to several judges I've witnessed in courtrooms. But then I wasn't picking nits.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pants on = gun on.

Pants not on = gun within reach.

Fairly simple, really.

Just wondering what your favorite method of concealed carrying is. Mine usually is in a vest or coat pocket but in a Bianchi belly band in the summer. I would not like to have to purchase five or six holsters in order to find the right one. So, any advise? I'm talking about a four inch 45 cal. Kimber.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CAPITALIST
I never said it was in the Constitution. I used verbage identical to several judges I've witnessed in courtrooms. But then I wasn't picking nits.

Does that mean that the meaning of words is meaningless to you?? And the judges?? grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Give me a minute while I un-loosen my belt and get my dinner un-thawed.

Seafire, it appears your handle has changed to leanwolf.

Last edited by CAPITALIST; 04/02/11.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,047 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,185
Posts18,523,843
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.