Campfire Outfitter
Since it's relevant, I looked it up.

No Fault for divorce...

Missouri Revised Statutes
Chapter 452
Dissolution of Marriage, Divorce, Alimony and Separate Maintenance
Section 452.305

August 28, 2010

Judgment of dissolution, grounds for--legal separation, when--judgments to contain Social Security numbers.

452.305. 1. The court shall enter a judgment of dissolution of marriage if:

(1) The court finds that one of the parties has been a resident of this state, or is a member of the armed services who has been stationed in this state, for ninety days immediately preceding the commencement of the proceeding and that thirty days have elapsed since the filing of the petition; and

(2) The court finds that there remains no reasonable likelihood that the marriage can be preserved and that therefore the marriage is irretrievably broken; and

(3) To the extent it has jurisdiction, the court has considered and made provision for child custody, the support of each child, the maintenance of either spouse and the disposition of property.

2. The court shall enter a judgment of legal separation if:

(1) The court finds that one of the parties has been a resident of this state, or is a member of the armed services who has been stationed in this state, for ninety days immediately preceding the commencement of the proceeding and that thirty days have elapsed since the filing of the petition; and

(2) The court finds that there remains a reasonable likelihood that the marriage can be preserved and that therefore the marriage is not irretrievably broken; and

(3) To the extent it has jurisdiction, the court has considered and made provision for the custody and the support of each child, the maintenance of either spouse and the disposition of property.

3. Any judgment of dissolution of marriage or legal separation shall include the last four digits of the Social Security numbers of the parties. The full Social Security number of each party and each child shall be retained in the manner required under section 509.520.

(L. 1973 H.B. 315 � 2, A.L. 1997 S.B. 361, A.L. 1998 S.B. 910, A.L. 2009 H.B. 481)

BUT

Missouri Revised Statutes
Chapter 452
Dissolution of Marriage, Divorce, Alimony and Separate Maintenance
Section 452.330

Disposition of property and debts, factors to be considered.

452.330. 1. In a proceeding for dissolution of the marriage or legal separation, or in a proceeding for disposition of property following dissolution of the marriage by a court which lacked personal jurisdiction over the absent spouse or lacked jurisdiction to dispose of the property, the court shall set apart to each spouse such spouse's nonmarital property and shall divide the marital property and marital debts in such proportions as the court deems just after considering all relevant factors including:

(1) The economic circumstances of each spouse at the time the division of property is to become effective, including the desirability of awarding the family home or the right to live therein for reasonable periods to the spouse having custody of any children;

(2) The contribution of each spouse to the acquisition of the marital property, including the contribution of a spouse as homemaker;

(3) The value of the nonmarital property set apart to each spouse;

(4) The conduct of the parties during the marriage; and

(5) Custodial arrangements for minor children.

2. For purposes of sections 452.300 to 452.415 only, "marital property" means all property acquired by either spouse subsequent to the marriage except:

(1) Property acquired by gift, bequest, devise, or descent;

(2) Property acquired in exchange for property acquired prior to the marriage or in exchange for property acquired by gift, bequest, devise, or descent;

(3) Property acquired by a spouse after a decree of legal separation;

(4) Property excluded by valid written agreement of the parties; and

(5) The increase in value of property acquired prior to the marriage or pursuant to subdivisions (1) to (4) of this subsection, unless marital assets including labor, have contributed to such increases and then only to the extent of such contributions.

War Damn Eagle!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
giving a little extra can go a long way later when you need it.

its better to offer a little more equity and/or cash money up front that to make a monthly payment for several years.

if at all possible go with mediation. where you sit down with a neutral party and say I want this or that and split possessions that way if possible. do this AFTER you consult with attorneys and have one on retainer (just in case). its highly unlikely that both of you will agree 100% with each other on division of property. if you can barter for your guns and get an agreement to most of it before you have to go to court, it will save you money.
at least that woulda worked in my situation.

getting a lawyer and keeping a low profile is good advice.

remember if she's trying to piss you off, its to get you to do something stupid. when mine tried that, I reminded myself what she was doing and it gave me more resolve to just smile when she went on tirades and insult slinging.

I also got a voice recorder for any conversations we had one on one prior to going to court.

I had a friend who slept with his wife when they were splitting up and she accused him of rape, even though she came onto him. it was a set up. she never filed a police report but went to an abuse shelter and had a record of it to pull out later.
women can think and do some of the most underhanded chit you can think of.
at least you're not fighting for custody. remind her going to court is going to cost both of you LOTS of money. the more you can amicably decide who gets what the better you will be.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most judges will tell you that you (the parties) will be happier if you decide who gets what, than if I have to decide. The parties know best what's really important them, not the judge.

War Damn Eagle!

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by .280Rem
Most judges will tell you that you (the parties) will be happier if you decide who gets what, than if I have to decide. The parties know best what's really important them, not the judge.

+1. And they really, really hate when parties start squawking about conduct during marriage. They don't care. (1) The Judge will grant the divorce, its proforma; (2) unless it involved hiding assets, the judge doesn't care about what the parties did so that they ended up needing a divorce; (3) the Judge's job in family law is pretty formulaic, unless children are involved. Who gets what, percentages, credits, offsets.... it's all pretty black and white.

If you're going to leave, make sure you have copies of all your financial records. Don't steal them, but make sure you have copies. Change your email passwords. If you have online banking, download everything you can. Think about your online bank account passwords, if you use online banking. Don't cut her off from joint account information, but if you have individual accounts you're planning on using, make sure to disassociate those accounts from the joint accounts. Keep everything above board and honest.

Murphy was an optimist.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Happiness can be waking in the morning and NOT having to say "I love you".

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It gets easier with practise. At one time I kept a divorce attorney on retainer smile . Find the nastiest & best lawyer you can. I taught my present wife to shoot which may have been a big mistake. No divorce this time just funeral arrangements.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All depends on the money and kids if there is any. If not, take half, say goodbye, dont look back and let her divorce you. Be sure to keep you half of the money in cash and say you spent it all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn't want to waste alot of money on lawyer fees only to still lose all my schit.

So I spent $3.99 on a box of Decon and Kool-Aid mix.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Decon? You killed her lawyer?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Her whole family loved Kool-Aid. Got the entire bunch in one afternoon.

Afterwards, I Put the decon in the cabinet next to the sugar. Cops thought it was a tragic accident, as her Mom was almost blind.

Hehheeee. Cheers!

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It doesn't get better than that!! Congrats on a job well done!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bad news is I had to pay to bury them.

I bought one big casket and stuffed 'em all in.

Figure I saved 20K.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You saved much,much more. My silence is another story.

William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've had two.

My first wife was a vindictive crook - if yours is like that - hire a Barracuda type lawyer - and prepare for war. It'll cost you - big-time.

My second wife was (is) a wonderful person - who fell in love with another - for that divorce - my present wife (a lawyer) mediated the whole deal amicably - and my ex and I remain close friends. This ex, and her new husband, are guests at our home for all the kids special occasions, birthdays, Christmas morning, and we often sit together at school sports events or plays.

One is hell-but might be necessary.

One is almost pleasant by comparison (but still damn tough to go through)- but requires both parties to act like adults.

I wish you well.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bob,

I got some more of that Kool-Aid in case you want to end it all after you lose all your money on the final 4.

Better than jumping out of the window. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Her whole family loved Kool-Aid. Got the entire bunch in one afternoon.

Afterwards, I Put the decon in the cabinet next to the sugar. Cops thought it was a tragic accident, as her Mom was almost blind.

Hehheeee. Cheers!

LOL, I've prosecuted a couple of "self help divorce" guys.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why further tax our over burdened legal system when a little Decon can make it all go away.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Why further tax our over burdened legal system when a little Decon can make it all go away.

Elegant, JM.

grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by .280Rem
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Also it doesn't matter who she is banging or who you are banging. It is not relevant. No fault, remember?

No Fault doesn't necessarily mean that. It only means you don't have to prove fault to get a divorce. Infidelity still matters in some jurisdictions. In past times, you had to prove some fault simply to get divorced.

Like someone else said, in California if there are no children involved its all pretty much by formula straight out of the book.

Doesn't make a damn bit of difference who is banging who. That is all perfectly legal and accepted at least in this state.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by tedthorn
She works as a secratary and I am a journyman machinist and welder and make over 2x what she does.

I smell ali-MONEY for her!

Can't you just cohabitate with an "unpleasant" rommmate (her?). Even for several months? Live in your own bedroom, back away emotionally but keeping your nose CLEAN! No girl friends. No getting drunk. Or doing dumb things. No getting so pizzed at anything she'd call the cops.

VERY, VERY DISCRETELY .....
Have you moved all your tools and professional belongings out of your house to a more secure location? That she can't touch?

I've heard of women who have hurt husbands financially/professionally when encouraged to do by their lawyers - friends - family members - clergy - etc.!

INSULATE YOURSELF! Men are "pigs." "Dogs" "Scum" If you're actually going to divorce INSULATE YOURSELF from any damage and "PAIN" (financial and otherwise) she can do to you!

What about your firearms? And any man-toys THAT ARE YOURS!!! ??? And not owned jointly? Move them away from her reach!

Have you moved any finances and investments AWAY from her access or control?

What about important papers? (consult your lawyer).

How about any heirlooms? Or sentimental favorites of YOURS you don't want to loose or have her destroy or dispose of?

Its been several years since my mother worked for CADA or a Guardian Adlightem in Washington state, but I remember hearing about a client (wife) who somehow got hold of some of her husband's shop tools. My mother's advice (to the poor picked-on, "abused" wife) was to sell, throw-away, give-away the husband's possessions before giving them back! My point is that's how women think!

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

231 members (264mag, 3333vl, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 320090T, 21 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,781
Posts18,536,100
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.