Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by CAPITALIST
Give me a minute while I un-loosen my belt and get my dinner un-thawed.

Seafire, it appears your handle has changed to leanwolf.

That's a Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.... grin

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BMT
A Big Gun is ALWAYS Comforting.

Model 29 and its friends

[Linked Image]

BMT

Hey you're a lawyer BMT here in Oregon...

Is it illegal to kill someone in your home in self defense if it comes to that, or did I have the local sheriff, and the county attorney blowing me smoke???

I heard the same thing when I took my CCW course from the instructor, and have seen other instructors say the same thing...

I don't carry one, or have one loaded in the home...but I do have one for my wife... I'd rather she kill someone and fight that in court, and I bank on the courts being more understanding if a female defended herself from harm, than the liberals would if a conservative male did so defending himself and his family...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Myself, I carry a Kimber Tactical Pro II 45 ACP everywhere I go. Ya never know when you might run into some punk "opertunist".

JD338

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not an attorney but I carried in Oregon when I lived there. Know of no such law. Know of a bunch of gun owners defending themselves and having it ruled justified. I am thinking you were lied to. Will have to wait to see what the real attorneys have to say.

Check out OFF for state gun laws. A great group of people.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There's been some good advice passed on this thread and some bad advice.

Two things I'd like to add.

First, the model of pistol you should own is the one you're willing to carry everyday - NOT the heavy or bulky pistol you'll carry every once-in-a-while.

Second, with today's modern self-defense ammo, the caliber you choose is not nearly as significant as it was years ago. As dad always, "if you use it you're probably going to be close and you're probably going to ventilate the guy" Empty a magazine of anything and bad guy is in a bad spot.

Last edited by 1371; 04/02/11.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
i carry a full sized 1911 all the time. it works for me, but i am a big dude. its not that hard for me to conceal it, and the weight doesnt bother me. no doubt in the .45 ACP to kill what i shoot either.

living in the same town as Marty....

I DON'T carry a weapon with me...I do it for my OWN Safety..

My problem is, with the level of scum running around on the streets of our nation where ever you go, I'm sorry but I would be too tempted to use it....

and in Oregon here, criminals have more civic rights to than a law abiding citizen have...

if someone broke into my home and had my wife with a knife to her throat, if I shot and killed him... under STUPID Oregon laws, I would be guilty of murder at most, or manslaughter at a minimum.

It is illegal to kill someone in your home in Oregon, regardless of what they are attempting to do to your family involving bodily harm.

and I have to admit.. If I had to pull a firearm and use it against some low life, I wouldn't quit shooting until the magazine was empty. They'd have a hole in their head, their throat, their genitals and a few choice spots in between.

That is what the liberal left has turned this country into.
Criminals have more civil rights than they ever extend to their victims, or the state laws extend to the victims..

and all to often, the Courts are on the catch and release program for these criminals..

jeezus, you're an idiot shaking empty cages...

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by chas05
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
i carry a full sized 1911 all the time. it works for me, but i am a big dude. its not that hard for me to conceal it, and the weight doesnt bother me. no doubt in the .45 ACP to kill what i shoot either.

living in the same town as Marty....

I DON'T carry a weapon with me...I do it for my OWN Safety..

My problem is, with the level of scum running around on the streets of our nation where ever you go, I'm sorry but I would be too tempted to use it....

and in Oregon here, criminals have more civic rights to than a law abiding citizen have...

if someone broke into my home and had my wife with a knife to her throat, if I shot and killed him... under STUPID Oregon laws, I would be guilty of murder at most, or manslaughter at a minimum.

It is illegal to kill someone in your home in Oregon, regardless of what they are attempting to do to your family involving bodily harm.

and I have to admit.. If I had to pull a firearm and use it against some low life, I wouldn't quit shooting until the magazine was empty. They'd have a hole in their head, their throat, their genitals and a few choice spots in between.

That is what the liberal left has turned this country into.
Criminals have more civil rights than they ever extend to their victims, or the state laws extend to the victims..

and all to often, the Courts are on the catch and release program for these criminals..

There isn't a prosecuting attorney in their right mind who would push a case of a person lawfully shooting an armed intruder inside their own home, and if there were, there isn't a jury that would convict. And to think that someone would cower to the thought that there is goes to show just how puzzified this Country really is!

As the old saying goes, I'd rather be tried by twelve, than carried by six!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
bingo

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Pants on = gun on.

Pants not on = gun within reach.

Fairly simple, really.

Just wondering what your favorite method of concealed carrying is. Mine usually is in a vest or coat pocket but in a Bianchi belly band in the summer. I would not like to have to purchase five or six holsters in order to find the right one. So, any advise? I'm talking about a four inch 45 cal. Kimber.

I'd start with a Comp-Tac, Infidel, IWB holster and go from there.

The two belt loops version is what I prefer.

Travis

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Crimes not bad here, so I carry an S&W 642. IF things turned into what you have I'd start carrying my Ruger SR9. 17 rounds. After several hundred rounds with out a hick up I have utmost confidence in it. Plus it shoots like a lazer beam.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I've been carrying a Kahr P45 for a year and a half. DeSantis Cozy Partner IWB that is OK but not great.
6+1 CCI Gold Dot 230gr short barrel loads and two 6 round mags in reserve.

This is effectively the same size as the P9, and surprisingly does not seem to recoil any more than my Colt Combat Commander.

I see that Kahr has come out with a less expensive line, the CM series?

Like VA Nimrod says, pants on gun on, pants off, gun within reach.

Mark

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That Kahr .45 of yours is a really sweet shooting gun. I was pleasantly surprised by the relatively mild recoil.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Re-evaluate

I have a 3" GP-100 stainless. It does seem to tuck well even without a holster. So, what about that gun in a Cross Breed Holster? Does that holster tend to flatten things out?

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
What does that GP-100 weigh fully loaded? My guess is, it's not something you're going to want carry day-in and day-out, especially in warmer weather.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK I didn't read this, except for the first page. Did it get ugly?

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
What does that GP-100 weigh fully loaded? My guess is, it's not something you're going to want carry day-in and day-out, especially in warmer weather.

I was thinking the GP-100 when it's cold, the Polish P64 in shorts and a T-Shirt

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Thanks

Ivan

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Thanks

Ivan

Also very comfortable is a Summer Special from Milt Sparks. I have carried a Sig P229 DAO for hours in one. It is IWB and works real well -- ultra concealment.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, Keith.

What's happening up in yo' part of this old world?

Still got enough winter to enjoy? grin

I'm ready for summer. This winter has been long and steady, not anywhere near severe, but just gloomy weather day after day.

Hurry, summer.

Ivan

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Well aren't we high and mighty up in Eugene....

I am passing on what I was told by a district attorney and the county sheriff...

and now I am asking clarification for an Oregon resident forum attorney...

Being called an idiot by someone from Eugene... well, that is a clear case of the kettle trying to call the pot black...

Some of us try and operate within the guidelines of the law, whether we like it or not....

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,050 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,185
Posts18,523,843
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.