Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 110 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 109 110
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
cool you don't see to many GTX's around

Know a guy local here that's got a 69 with the 440 and a 6 pack. Green. IIRC it has just over 16,000 orig miles on it. I've seen the car, been in the car etc. Don't know if that's avail in '69 but I saw it as described.

Me

GB4

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
if its original#s matching it would be worth a lot over 50,000 easy

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Knowing Mike it is - he's a mopar nut. 3 vipers form significant year of introductions at one time (first year with zero miles, one from 2 years later as a driver, GTS with zero miles - delivered to the house off the truck etc), all kinds of various Dodge/Plymouth cars from the 60's and 70's and I know he had but sold 1 original Shelby AC with the 427 side oiler in it. Not a repro but actual.

He's got $$ and spends it at times.

Good friend of mine's dad used to have a 69 Yenko he woulda sold me for 45,000. I passed (I was 18) and found out later that one was 1 of 5 so built and documented as such. Guessing it's worth more than 45.

I've just never been lined up properly to own something similar.

Was thinking of buying a new Charger with the 5.7 Hemi tho. Not the same.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
know a guy here in town that had a 70 hemi cuda his dad bought new in 70, and didn't let him have it till he was 35. he sold it 5 yrs ago for 180,000

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Crazy these days - hard to look around at anything on the lot and say "yep - in 25 years, there's med school tuition when I sell that!"

Dave - you done yet?

Me

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You need to do a his and hers this time ...... either two of the same or that one and the matching year in a challenger.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Body and paint is the focus.

No chit! smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For some reason - I can see that car painted flat black with cop tires. Tinted windows. Just black all the way around.

Maybe a single blood red pinstripe or red stripe around the edge of the rims too.

Me

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by grouseman
I wish I had your body skills.

+1
I can build and have built many engines, but I've always been worthless with body stuff (unless it's fiberglass). I can't weld to save my asss. I have a '69 GTO convertible in the corner of my shop that needs restoration because of that very reason. I picked it up cheap, but it has been sitting there now for over 10 years. I've not quite had the $$ to pay someone else to do it.

Dave- is this something you went to school for, or was it acquired through OJT?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I didn't go to school for it any more than one of our rifle/reloading loonies went to school for ballistics science pertaining to reloading, accurizing etc. grin

Like most anything in my life that I've wanted and gone after, I've taught myself how to do it. Same with building my own house, our hunting cabin, mechanics in general, body and paint work...

Well I do have an edge in the paint area as it has been my bread winning day job in a high volume OEM setting for 17 years or so now.

But with the car stuff, I grew up in the right time surrounded by cool cars that were just daily drivers back then. I come from a family of mechanics, both my grandpa and my uncle made a living turning wrenches and I like to think I picked up a few tricks from them. The autobody and paint stuff is something I started messing with when I was a teenager.

And I'm still learning. grin

Something clever here.

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I shed a few more pounds off the roadrunner last night.

Passenger side skin is off.

[Linked Image]

I did my best to save the mural to hang up on the shop wall and maybe bring along to some of the small town cruise in type shows we like to go to. maybe display the cut and trimmed mural portion with a project book with pictures, slide some trim lock over the cut edges or something.

[Linked Image]

Rocker is much better on this side, now I have a reference for making patches for the driver�s side.

[Linked Image]

During this particular excavation effort I managed to unearth some new prizes for my creative bodywork archives.

For me personally this is a brand new one, I've never seen this application before. So I was pretty excited. grin

This to me looks like wire mesh from an automotive air filter, possibly fram? grin

[Linked Image]

That's the crown jewel right there, pretty proud of that find.

Then there is the old marine fiberglass resin with no backer which somehow spanned a void in a panel which was overlaid with body filler and ultimately this groovy paint job. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Alright, on to more important stuff.

The outer wheel house is questionable, I'm seriously considering ordering an outer from Jeff to use as a repair for the area where it connects to the wheel opening lip on the quarter.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/roadrunner%20stuff/102_5682.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/roadrunner%20stuff/102_5684.jpg[/img]

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I opened up a can of trunk-b-gone and let it loose.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I see I have some concerns at the tail ends of the trunk extensions and some minor rust issues at the lower tail pan area as well.

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/roadrunner%20stuff/102_5698.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/roadrunner%20stuff/102_5699.jpg[/img]

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Well, I just ordered another outer wheel house and a couple of rear crossmember pieces to repair the areas in the last 2 photos.

That does it, my budget is spent.

Time to start selling body organs or something. grin

Something clever here.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Well, I just ordered another outer wheel house and a couple of rear crossmember pieces to repair the areas in the last 2 photos.

Sell kids. They bring more, are likely in better condition, easier to get more of, and once gone are less likely to damage the restoration projects.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Excellent! grin

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i use to sell mopar stuff on ebay to make parts money. you can do pretty good depending on what your selling. 71 duster sharktooth grills would bring 400-500 dollars. sold a radiator that the part# was correct for a 70 challenger 440 6 pack or hemi car for 700 and it needed a new core.
my buddy and i would pick old mopars that were to far gone to restore but still had useable parts.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

You have 3 kids..... are you sure you need all 3? grin

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dave- when you re-sking those 1/4s please take a ton of pics. I'm very interested in seeing how that's done. I've never seen it done.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by teal
Dave- when you re-sking those 1/4s please take a ton of pics. I'm very interested in seeing how that's done. I've never seen it done.

IIRC, its a matter of tack welding you piece in place, then welding it all the way around, grinding it smooth, and finishing it up with some body filler to make it perfect again... of course, i may be wrong.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
Originally Posted by teal

IIRC, its a matter of tack welding you piece in place, then welding it all the way around, grinding it smooth, and finishing it up with some body filler to make it perfect again... of course, i may be wrong.

I'm assuming that but Dave's cuts aren't exactly lazer straight and not at a body line which to my convoluted way of thinking would make things easier? I'm wondering how he marries what he bought to what he has. I'm assuming that he has more trimming of the old body to do?

Me

Page 11 of 110 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 109 110

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 57 invisible), 2,216 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,926
Posts18,479,827
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.