-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW Steve, did you see that custom in the gun writers section that was built on the "1900 mechanism" as they referred to it ? It was titled something like World's most expensive rifle....$820,000 bucks.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, I saw that. Who is zooming who with that price ????

Steve

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's funny. Pretty rifle, but how in the world do they come up with prices like that. Reminded me of watching one of those Barrett/Jackson car auctions. You'd never know we are in an economic depression watching those guys dropping hundreds of thousands of dollars on Shelby Mustangs, anything Hemi and Carrol Shelby's personal Cobra that went for $5.5 million.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by sbhva
RDFinn;

Don't you have a real 1900 or two? You could get one of the Zoli's and see how many parts are the same.

I don't know of any aftermarket trigger for the 1900, but there could be something in Sweden that I am not aware of. I have heard that bottom metal that fits the 1909 Argentine may fit the 1900.

Not RDFinn, here...

But you guys just gave me a he!! of an idea... smile I have a S&W Mod: C and a Carl Gustaf both M-1900's AND I have a Zoli AZ-1900. I just dug them all out of the safe. The bolt out of the Zoli will go in either of the others and fire (Zoli is a 6.5x55...) (The S&W is an '06 and the Carl Gustaf is a .25-06...) The bolts LOOK identical. But the root of the bolt handle is slightly higher on the Swede actions (looks like .050"-.100") and hits on the back of the action dis-allowing the bolt from going in the last half inch or so. Hope this helps answer some of your questions...

GH

P.S: I didn't check the headspace, I figured it a moot point...

Last edited by Grasshopper; 04/06/11. Reason: P.S.

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Grasshopper;

Let me see if I understand. The Zoli bolt goes into the Swede actions, but the Swede bolts don't work in the Zoli?

If you have the capability of checking headspace, I would really like to know if the Zoli bolt headspaces correctly in the Swede actions.

Does the Zoli have the same adjustable trigger as the Swedes? How about the trigger guard, is that interchangeable?

With these questions I am trying to find out if the Zoli can be used for replacement parts for the Swede 1900 actions, not the other way around.

Steve

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Steve,

I don't know why I didn't think to check the headspace while I had them apart... blush I had them on the bench and the headspace gauges were right there in the toolbox...

The floor plates and magazines look about the same. Visually, I couldn't tell any difference except for the finish.

The only reason the Husky bolts wouldn't go in the Zoli, was because the root where the handle attaches to the bolt, is slightly larger on the Husky bolts... If a guy had a reason to, about 10 minutes with a file would likely take care of the situation...

As you likely know, the Zoli AZ-1900 has a auxilary lever on the right side to allow the bolt to open with the safety on. (Probably some lawyers idea...) Kind of a neat idea, but not really a necessity, IMO... But then I don't chamber a live round until I'm ready to hunt. (If I lose a trophy buck for being a bit extra safe, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it...) smile

I'll have to look a little closer at the trigger. The only adjustment I noted on the Carl Gustaf rifle, appeared to be an overtravel screw... And the only reason I noted that, was because I could't depress the trigger enough to get the bolt out.

When I go back to the basement, today... I'll check the headspace...

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (16penny, 11point, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,004 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,382
Posts18,469,582
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.