Print Thread
Hop To
Page 24 of 110 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 109 110
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Damn, the LH outer wheel house was kicking my butt tonight. I basically lined it up inside the cut original and traced out the pattern to cut the new one. I cut the new one and tacked it into place. One problem, it measured about a half an inch low for the quarter panel fit up. It had to come up, but when I moved it up it didn't fit up top anymore to the original wheelhouse.

[Linked Image]

So I had to make some slices to bring the new wheel house down and inward to intersect with the remaining original wheel house.

It did work out in the end.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And a test fit of the quarter skin was perfect.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If I had simply lined up the alignment tab holes, welded and hoped for the best I would have been screwed when I went to hang the quarter skin.

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Hey Tom, Sanderson headers huh? Did he go with cast? For some reason I'm thinking sanderson made some spendy cast iton headers.

They might be. I'm not sure though. I think this is the pair here.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by tzone; 04/19/11.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I wish I had 1/2 the knowledge you do for this stuff. It looks great.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You really have to take lots of measurements, especially with the repro stuff. I do think I have the best repro parts available, I got all AMD stuff and it's chrysler certified... It's just not always exactly like the original stuff. So when You try to splice half a repro wheel house to an original... Well sometimes it just takes a little longer to het it right.

grin

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by tzone
Hey Tom, Sanderson headers huh? Did he go with cast? For some reason I'm thinking sanderson made some spendy cast iton headers.

They might be. I'm not sure though. I think this is the pair here.

[Linked Image]

Ah, nice!

Something clever here.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
You have to get those Traction bars off the leaf springs.....

Dang Chevy guy's don't understand Mopar leaf springs are set up long on the rear half and short on the front, making traction bars a useless addition. Stock springs and a pinion snubber....

Hoping they came on the car....

Looking good on the sheetmetal

Allen

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm unimpressed with the Joe dirt traction bars. (and good god yes they came on the car) probably been on there for decades.

I'm looking at a couple of different adjustable pinion snubbers.

I really like the mancini racing snubber.

I need the snubber pad too though, to weld to the bottom side of the floor under the back seat.

Last edited by northern_dave; 04/19/11.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Why short headers? Longtubes brother!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You really have to take lots of measurements, especially with the repro chicom stuff. I do think I have the best repro parts available, I got all AMD stuff and it's chrysler certified... It's just not always exactly like the original stuff. So when You try to splice half a repro wheel house to an original... Well sometimes it just takes a little longer to het it right.

grin

Fixed it for you. 1/4 inch here, a 1/2 inch there . . . screw that! I finally found new old stock Ford sheet metal for my 1965 Mustang. Costs 10X the Chicom stuff, but fits like it was made for it. smile

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

[Linked Image]

If I had simply lined up the alignment tab holes, welded and hoped for the best I would have been screwed when I went to hang the quarter skin.

that's one big piece of metal.
Job well done!

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Is the Mancini the large threaded shank fully adjustable? Looks cool, whatever brand, but I think the adjustable MP one is good, I believe leave 1/2" gap tip to floor. I thought they all had the floor braced for the contact point.

And do NOT go TTI headers, mine in the 440 are a PITA tight fit. I put a TA 3800 stall converter and need to loosen it, need to drop the headers to get the converter out.....

Son is taking the Cuda down tomorrow to drop the 2 chamber flows for single chambers off the old racecar.... Me thinks he'll regret the police stops..lol

I'll have to do a video and try and post it,

Allen

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Team_Tricky
Why short headers? Longtubes brother!

If you're refering to the one's I posted, those are on a 1964 Merc Marauder, my Dad owns. He bought a set of long tube, and they hung too far below the car to be practical where he drives.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Allen, yes I was talking about the threaded snubber. I like it because you can really fine tune that contact spacing.

As far as the contact brace, I was going to slide under there last night and have a look but I don't recall seeing one under there before. I have the stamped steel "paw" that reaches forward over the pinion yoke with the factory snubber which is far out of reach from the bottom side of the floor. But I don't remember seeing anything structural above it on the floor, I'm thinking I need to buy the correct pad and weld it in there.

I don't know for sure but I was thinking it was a hemi car thing from the factory?

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
pretty sure all b body's had it .

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You truly are gifted Dave!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by stxhunter
pretty sure all b body's had it .

I'll take a look tonight.

Originally Posted by Whelenman
You truly are special Dave!

Fixed it. lol!

Ding fries are done!! grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Originally Posted by Whelenman
You truly are special Dave!

I totally agree with that statement. grin

"I'm not crying!!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good advice on the ladder bars, Mopars shouldn't use them. If you are having serious traction problems (like with slicks), there is a different setup for Mopars but it escapes me.

Anyway, on the exhaust, you could consider keeping those Magnum manifolds and have them Extrude-honed, and then coated on the INSIDE. It'll keep them looking stock, but flow better and provide better heat control.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The only way I'd spend that money on cast manifolds was if something in a rule book forced me to use them.

Page 24 of 110 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 109 110

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1OntarioJim, 222ND, 1badf350, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 2500HD, 58 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,906
Posts18,518,578
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.