U
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
U

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just saw that myself and was going to post it.

They were making a policy at one time of videotaping any gun purchaser. They still doing that?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I like this line at the end of the article.

Additionally, Walmart recently realized that it had lost over $1 billion in sales by retooling stores in response to a perceived customer demand for less clutter.

True, but the "clutter" everyone was complaining about can be seen at www.peopleofwalmart.com grin

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Saw the story yesterday, it made me smile. smile

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
K-Mart next?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now all they gotta due is weed out the idiots and place some people in there with at least SOME minimal knowledge.Our local store North of us had a real azz clown working there a couple years back and when the wife and I shopped I would always go to sporting goods for some entertainment!!

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Wall Mart has a new guy at the helm and is listening to some good (industry) people. The new guy knows that what WM did in the past really was some bad publicity for the store and upset a lot of their standard customers. Not only are they bringing it all back they will grow the dept some.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yes, I've noticed the firearms have returned to the local Wal-Marts. Good to see.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now if they put someone in that department that knows [bleep] about guns I'll fall over. But then how much gun knowledge you going to get from someone in one of those Obama career jobs that barely pay more than minimum wage.

NRA Lifetime Member
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE

I like this line at the end of the article.

Additionally, Walmart recently realized that it had lost over $1 billion in sales by retooling stores in response to a perceived customer demand for less clutter.

True, but the "clutter" everyone was complaining about can be seen at www.peopleofwalmart.com grin

This guy is obviously a poster here...camo and Viking fan...or it that LSU?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
That's LSU.

Probably GeauxLSU, in fact.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Now all they gotta due is weed out the idiots and place some people in there with at least SOME minimal knowledge.Our local store North of us had a real azz clown working there a couple years back and when the wife and I shopped I would always go to sporting goods for some entertainment!!
You have nailed it local store had a total idiot running sporting goods. Ammo always out of stock or wrong type for the local area. Even the fishing dept. was poorly kept hope they get it together. The things I need most often could be found at wally world before the new guy took over . They need a real shooter/fisherman to run the dept.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Target has been eating their lunch for a while now. Wally World probably figures it needs to get back to its American roots.

Hopefully WW will use Targets "Progressive" charity philosophy against it. Any business that promotes gay & lesbian causes and abortion rights ahead of the Marines Toys for Tots and the Salvation Army needs to go.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

L
L
Walmart move to town selling fire arms. They ran out the local mom/pop gunsmith. Then they stop caring guns. ...

I stopped shopping at walmart when they did that. Looks like others did the same.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I work at the local Walmart gun counter. We sell a TON of ammo every year. Infact, we have a hard time keeping the shelves stocked. But our selection is also small and basic. Our behind the counter gun collection is small and basic as well. I wish someone in Arkansa would let us pick and choose guns that are more popular for this region. I think our selection could be improved and sales would go up.

The other issue is customer service. We are chronically short on associate help. I find myself at other departments and if I'm in Hardware or Tire, I cannot give customer service to the Sporting Goods customers. That irritates the hell out of me. I think the lack of customer service has cost Walmart dearly and people are going else where to shop.

Another issue is they don't hire folks with some kind of gun background. Another store in our area also sells guns. They have NO associates with any gun knowledge. They have a bigger Sporting Goods section but are struggling selling guns and ammo. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
heard that on the radio a day or so ago. Around here, they never stopped selling ammo, and most sold guns. The new Super WalMart did not stock guns when they opened, but the sporting goods manager says they will soon.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
That's LSU.

Probably GeauxLSU, in fact.
It's definitely a Vikings fan.
Just go with me on that.
Please.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm really surprised they sell firearms at 1/3 of their stores according to their article. I have no doubt I'd have to drive by 10 walmarts around here before I found 1 that sold guns. Matter of fact, I don't know of one that does anymore and this is the burbs in the south. However, if they literally do bring them back to 1/2 their stores... GREAT! The hunting/fishing section was reduced to next to nothing prior to the 're-tooling' and since it is about one half of one short row and it's generally seasonal at best.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wal-Mart Getting Back Into Gun Business At Many Stores
By Chris Morran on April 27, 2011 4:48 PM 0 views
After several years of selling rifles and ammunition at only one-third of its stores in the U.S., Walmart has decided to introduce the products back to store shelves in nearly half of its 3,600+ stores.

"We made a business decision to sell them in certain stores because we have realized the appeal was perhaps broader than we thought," a Walmart rep tells the Wall Street Journal. "But we are committed to doing it responsibly as possible, as always, in compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws."

The Journal reports that most of the Walmarts where rifles are being reintroduced are in rural markets, some of these stores are in more urbanized areas like Spokane, WA, and Albuquerque.

The move comes as the nation's largest retailer attempts to recover from seven straight quarters of declining sales. Walmart has already announced that it is cutting back on the amount of floor space dedicated to electronics in an attempt to get back to selling products like hunting and fishing gear, low-cost clothing, and fabric.

Wal-Mart Expands Gun Sales [WSJ]

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Kel-Tec and WM would be a good match. Not much or need to know about the product as Kel-Tec handles issues directly with the end user very well. Could maybe see $100 price drop on the SU-16.grin

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The Walmart CEO was in New York city this week stating "The increase in gas prices the last 2 months has forced consumers out of their stores the last week of the month until the customers are paid again the first week of the next month.

The CEO also stated "The gas price increases on the family budget has left little disposable income at the end of the month".

Doc

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (10gaugeman, 117LBS, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 51 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,920
Posts18,518,786
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.