Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore
The Walmart CEO was in New York city this week stating "The increase in gas prices the last 2 months has forced consumers out of their stores the last week of the month until the customers are paid again the first week of the next month.

The CEO also stated "The gas price increases on the family budget has left little disposable income at the end of the month".

Doc

When do welfare checks come out?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I am sure yours is on the way.

Sam......

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
I'm really surprised they sell firearms at 1/3 of their stores according to their article. I have no doubt I'd have to drive by 10 walmarts around here before I found 1 that sold guns. Matter of fact, I don't know of one that does anymore and this is the burbs in the south. However, if they literally do bring them back to 1/2 their stores... GREAT! The hunting/fishing section was reduced to next to nothing prior to the 're-tooling' and since it is about one half of one short row and it's generally seasonal at best.

It's very much urban vs. suburban/rural in their gun sales. I know of only one Walmart around here that doesn't sell guns. In Nashville, the Walmarts outside the Metro sold guns and the Walmart in Cartersville, GA sold guns.

I think you would find that as soon as you get 25 miles radius outside I-285, the Walmarts sell guns in North GA.

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Sorry Mannlicher, I didn't realize that shopping at Walmart was so close to your heart...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The firearms never left my Wal-mart in Deridder, LA. Wonder why some stores stopped selling and others didn't. I am glad they ae selling again though, it's good for guns sales and just the general perception that guns are a part of everyday life.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
They pulled them out of Illifoidea long ago, and they aren't ever coming back. They still sell ammo though, and they always have a pretty good selection, at least in my locale. They never even ran low during the rush.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never saw one that sold guns. Did see some that sold crap made to look like them though....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
I'm really surprised they sell firearms at 1/3 of their stores according to their article. I have no doubt I'd have to drive by 10 walmarts around here before I found 1 that sold guns. Matter of fact, I don't know of one that does anymore and this is the burbs in the south. However, if they literally do bring them back to 1/2 their stores... GREAT! The hunting/fishing section was reduced to next to nothing prior to the 're-tooling' and since it is about one half of one short row and it's generally seasonal at best.

It's very much urban vs. suburban/rural in their gun sales. I know of only one Walmart around here that doesn't sell guns. In Nashville, the Walmarts outside the Metro sold guns and the Walmart in Cartersville, GA sold guns.

I think you would find that as soon as you get 25 miles radius outside I-285, the Walmarts sell guns in North GA.
I'm 15 miles outside 285. None. My cabin is 60 miles outside of 285. None. Last one I saw was in extreme south Georgia. frown

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by cutNshoot
K-Mart next?

K mart was where I found this brand new Ruger.
A .22 they called the 10/22.
It was somthin like $69

I raced home, cleaned out my tobacco change can and snapped one up!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by 16bore
Never saw one that sold guns. Did see some that sold crap made to look like them though....

Wally World?
It will be interesting to see what they carry.

It won't be within the city limits of Columbus. Ain't NO guns allowed sold there.

Three feet away the shops make rake in the drug $$'s!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In PA, they all sell guns. I can't remember one that doesn't

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
6 or 7 years ago, when I still lived near there, the Wal Mart in Jackson, OH not only sold rifle & shotguns, but reloading equipment and components like: brass, bullets, & primers. (The manager was a gun guy.)

When I lived in Harvey, LA sometime around '92 and '93, I bought a Rossi 511 .22lr handgun at Walmart. IIRC, they "pulled" all their hanguns from their stores when the O.J. Simpson verdict/ rioting started.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
Originally Posted by 16bore

Wally World?
It will be interesting to see what they carry.

It won't be within the city limits of Columbus. Ain't NO guns allowed sold there.

Three feet away the shops make rake in the drug $$'s!

Remington is tooling up for a schit pile of 770's...Guess Mossberg will have their day, and New England Firearms will finally hit paydirt. Yipee...blister pack scopes will fly off the shelves.

Eventually some idiot will figure out a package deal that will sell for same amount as an unemployment or welfare check.

Yes, they were high and mighty to save the world by reducing the number of guns on the streets until they saw how it shaved their margins...dumbphucks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The reason they stopped selling guns is that their employees were not capable of handling the paperwork and legal requirements. The Feds fined Walmart for failing to follow the correct procedures.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They never stopped selling guns in this area, over the counter or can/could still be special ordered. Guns were removed from Wally's web site a few years ago.
Now perhaps Sears/Kmart will wakethephuck up.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I hate big box stores - except Costco - and I've some problems with them.

It isn't only Walmart- When Fred Meyer first came to Soldotna, Alaska, there was a whole section of bass lures....... which just don't work well for trout, halibut, and salmon. Apparently they decided the Des Moines template (or wherever) was good enough to start with.... no local input/consideration required.

Hell, fisherman will bite anything flashy, right? smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't knock the bass plugs! The Wal-Mart sporting goods manager used to live right across the street and always called when they had ridiculous good deals. They had returned a huge dishpack of bass plugs because they would not sell... Home office sent them again and said they would sell... after the second go around they decided to toss them rather than send them back. Manager called and asked if I wanted them as they had to toss the boxes... I got several cubic feet of loose plugs for nothing... pike like 'em.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I just noticed that my local Wal mart started filling it's gun racks back up as well...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have not seen them in SC store for years, don't care if they start back or not.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Started working at Wal-mart truck shop in June 2002 as a Trailer mechanic. 4 years later a position opened up as a warranty clerk and I went for it. Computer work and it's clean with no more grease under the finger-nails. They had a program during Xmas time which every associate got an extra 10% off on one big ticket item.

With 20% off at Xmas time, I purchased a Remington Sportsman 11/87 12ga 28" VR RC full camo for $289.00
Try and find one now for that price.

Next Xmas I purchased a Remington 700 243 for $291.00
Heck ! You can't even buy a used receiver for that much. I used this rifle for my E R Shaw 358 Win build. Action was cheap enough. Even with our normal 10% discount depending on the price of the firearm it still gives us the extra money to purchase the bases & rings.

Ken

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,939
Posts18,519,044
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.