Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by .280Rem
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Hey, my heart goes out to everyone harmed by nature's wrath.

But if God is in control, of the universe - isn't he the one who's directing the path of the tornado too?

Put put your faith in infrastructure, early warning systems, doppler radar, meteorologists, first-responders, education and science - because it's the ONLY thing that's ever going to help.

Helping the poor people who've lost their homes is another concrete thing people can do. Giving to charity, urging governments to assist the victims etc.

But thinking that when you pray that some heavenly power is going to twist the path of a twister - away from your own home - and therefore - into someone else's home - is sickeningly perverse. And a total waste of time.

I guess you can always pray for all the victims though - when you want to pretend you care - but really want to do nothing.

SHUT THE [bleep] UP, SERIOUSLY!

+ a bazillion

the only difference in BCB and the folks at Westboro is just their cause and where they protest

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sorry guys, got on here to look for links to help, and became incensed by the "intellectually superior's post"

appreciate the links to send relief stuff

thanks guys

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My BIL and his family live in Hoover. They made it through ok.

Unfortunately, one of his coworkers, who is a young man of 25 years, is in critical condition. This young man and his young wife were married two years ago. He now has lost his wife and his house with all belongings. However, he knows that she is with our Lord and Savior, and he'll join her again.

Join me in praying for all those who lost loved ones, who do not know Jesus yet...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by shootem
...tornado sirens had been going off 2 or 3 times a week for the last several weeks. Began to go unnoticed...

That is a very real problem.

Let me clarify a bit more. The reason for this as I understand it is that the potential for a tornado has actually been present that often lately. Not really an instance of crying wolf. Unfortunately this time the threat moved from potential to real.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drove down the Natchez Trace Pkwy. this weekend to Tupelo, MS. Saw evidence in S. TN. N.AL. and N.MS. of tornado damage.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My brother, Neal, and sister, Vicky, live in the area where .280 works. We were there last night. It was unbelievable. The area of interstate (I-20/59) between Tuscaloosa and Birmingham had some tree damage but the further west into Tuscaloosa county we drove, it was shocking. I cried just to think that something that powerful could have taken my family. The rest of my family was in the city limits of Tuscaloosa. All made it. I am eternally and profoundly thankful.

"Courage is Fear holding on a minute longer."
-Gen. Patton
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NurseKat
My brother, Neal, and sister, Vicky, live in the area where .280 works. We were there last night. It was unbelievable. The area of interstate (I-20/59) between Tuscaloosa and Birmingham had some tree damage but the further west into Tuscaloosa county we drove, it was shocking. I cried just to think that something that powerful could have taken my family. The rest of my family was in the city limits of Tuscaloosa. All made it. I am eternally and profoundly thankful.

There's alot of places on Sand Mtn. all the way to the TN. border that are tore up. Areas between Huntsville & B'ham, such as Cullman, that were damaged. When i was in Tupelo this weekend, folks were talking about towns in MS. that have been flattened. This on the same line of storms that hit the B'ham area.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hunter1960
Originally Posted by NurseKat

There's alot of places on Sand Mtn. all the way to the TN. border that are tore up. Areas between Huntsville & B'ham, such as Cullman, that were damaged. When i was in Tupelo this weekend, folks were talking about towns in MS. that have been flattened. This on the same line of storms that hit the B'ham area.

I can remember a tornado hiting our house when I was a small child. I have not seen another storm like the one that came thru Wed. ever in my life. As I have said, and will say again....Im profoundly grateful to be alive, my family alive and our property intact.

-Gen. Patton
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just saw on the evening news that there are still 340 missing/unaccounted for people in Tuscaloosa alone. Codaver dogs are on the ground with search teams. I also heard that Louisianna has sent a 120 man search and rescue team to the city of Tuscaloosa as well.

-Gen. Patton
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whew, just found out my nephew made it ok in Tuscaloosa. Haven't been able to find out about a cousin that lived in Northport..

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My wife's cousin lost her house in Ringold, Ga. She wasn't there at the time, but her husband was. He grabbed the dogs and ducked into an interior bathroom. It was the only room left somewhat intact. He was very, very lucky. Eight neighbors died.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad for some good news Sir.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Thank you. They're good people... even if they are from Georgia. wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey, Georgia is full of good folks.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by T LEE
Hey, Georgia is full of good folks.

Yeah, but I've always wondered if they're higher or lower on the evolutionary ladder than people from, say, Tennessee? (The best thing about Tenn., of course, is that it gives Kentuckians something to make fun of). wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well we have hunter1960 as a TN example!

Old cat turd!

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,815
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.