Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I am surprised that many who, last week, would not have believed BHO if he had said the sun would rise are now believing him as if he was speaking ex-cathedra.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Calvin
OBL is dead. It happened on Obama's watch, so he gets to take credit. That's how it works. Obama finally kept a campaign promise.

Not pissing off the muzzie world and by honoring a few customs will go a long way. I'm hoping we can get our kids the hell out of the region.

Big +1

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cossatotjoe_redux
I don't doubt that he was shot yesterday or whenever, but I find it really hard to believe that we haven't known where he was for a really long time if he has been living in that house since it was built.

The place kind of stuck out like a sore thumb. And of course, I find it hard to believe that someone in Pakastani intelligence didn't tip us off about it before Osama even finished unpacking.

It really smell like a deal of where Pakistan agreed to virtually imprison him and render him ineffective if we agreed not to kill him in Pakistan and save their government all of the backlash that would come if he was killed there.

So, if that were the case there are only two reasons as to why he was killed now. Either the situation in Pakistan and our relations with them have deteriorated to the point that we felt we had nothing to lose, or Obama did it in order to stop his free fall in public opinion polls.

Interesting & quite plausible take.
There already is word that they have suspected he was there since at least last August.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What makes me almost despondent is the degree to which so many of my otherwise sane fellow citizens grasp onto these various conspiracy takes on whatever the news happens to be. I am politically a pretty conservative member of this forum, but this president made a tough call to send JSOC into that compound. B2's or Tomahawks would have been a much simpler solution - and we would have been reading the kook class and the jihadists claiming he wasn't really dead. I was in the Pentagon on 9-11 and worked for weeks on our initial response as a couple of hundred of my fellow citizens were scrapped off the floors and walls. Any of us would have given anything then or at any point in the last ten years to have provided actionable intelligence to kill this monster. It is harder than you would ever believe to find someone who doesn't want to be found. Our intel services finally did and we ought to give credit where credit is due that the National Command Authority acted decisively.

"We sleep peaceably in our beds because rough men stand ready in the
night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" Winston Churchill
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RedLeg
What makes me almost despondent is the degree to which so many of my otherwise sane fellow citizens grasp onto these various conspiracy takes on whatever the news happens to be. I am politically a pretty conservative member of this forum, but this president made a tough call to send JSOC into that compound. B2's or Tomahawks would have been a much simpler solution - and we would have been reading the kook class and the jihadists claiming he wasn't really dead. I was in the Pentagon on 9-11 and worked for weeks as a couple of hundred of my fellow citizens were scrapped off the floors and walls. Any of us would have given anything then or at any point in the last ten years to have provided actionable intelligence. It is harder than you would ever believe to find someone who doesn't want to be found. Our intel services finally did and we ought to give credit where credit is due that the National Command Authority acted decisively.

Well said RedLeg.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
What makes me almost despondent is the degree to which so many of my otherwise sane fellow citizens grasp onto these various conspiracy takes on whatever the news happens to be.

+1

But I wouldn't be so certain about that "otherwise sane" part...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would have been nice, it he was put in a wooden box and propped up like John Wesley Hardin at Ground Zero and let the people look for a month or two. Then dump him in a 55 gallon Drum and dump him off New Jersey. But we don't do such things anymore.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Seems a bit odd.

Why would they bother to load his body on the boat if they were just going to dump it in the ocean?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by maddog
...that doesn't believe he was just shot yesterday and his body has been buried at sea? Not sure and no proof, but I think there is a major credability gap going on here. I guess I can see them saying it, so the mussies think he was buried in accordance with their religious beliefs, but my doubting mind is raising the BS flag, on that part of the reporting. JMHO.

maddog

Wag the dog....ever seen the movie?

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Odessa
What makes me almost despondent is the degree to which so many of my otherwise sane fellow citizens grasp onto these various conspiracy takes on whatever the news happens to be. I am politically a pretty conservative member of this forum, but this president made a tough call to send JSOC into that compound. B2's or Tomahawks would have been a much simpler solution - and we would have been reading the kook class and the jihadists claiming he wasn't really dead. I was in the Pentagon on 9-11 and worked for weeks as a couple of hundred of my fellow citizens were scrapped off the floors and walls. Any of us would have given anything then or at any point in the last ten years to have provided actionable intelligence. It is harder than you would ever believe to find someone who doesn't want to be found. Our intel services finally did and we ought to give credit where credit is due that the National Command Authority acted decisively.

Well said RedLeg.

Indeed. +2

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Seems a bit odd.

Why would they bother to load his body on the boat if they were just going to dump it in the ocean?

Dental x-rays, dna samples, let the whole crew of the Vincennes piss on him.
Maybe hey needed to chum up some sharks before trolling with his severed head. Dunnow, orders most likely.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What makes me almost despondent is the degree to which so many of my otherwise sane fellow citizens grasp onto these various conspiracy takes on whatever the news happens to be.

Its a perfectly acceptable reaction. It wasn't that long ago democrats were busy undermining a republican administration, pro-longing the wars by giving comfort to the enemy, and belittling our armed forces. So I hope you understand, that we understand, democrats are two faced caksuckers unworthy of a pat on the head.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Seems a bit odd.

Maybe they didn't have time to test DNA and take dental imprints in downtown pakistan.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems a bit odd.

So dozens of sailors can say they saw it happen?
Just sayin....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We want A CERTIFIED COPY OF THE DEATH CERTIFICATE! laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Seems a bit odd.

Had we left the body there his followers would have made a huge deal about his funeral and enshrined his name forever. We did the same thing to the Nazi hierarchy after WWII. Hanged, burned and their ashes thrown into the Rhine in the middle of the night.

Last edited by jorgeI; 05/02/11.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Plinker
Please. If there wasn't something rotten about this whole thing they'd be publicizing his real pictures like there was no tomorrow, and they certainly wouldn't have disposed of the body till America had more than enough chance to celebrate and be satisfied that all is as it appears.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Had we left the body there his followers would have made a huge deal about his funeral and enshrined his name forever. We did the same thing to the Nazi hierarchy after WWII. Hanged, burned and their ashes thrown into the Rhine in the middle of the night.
The man's a confessed mass murderer. Why would we even think about handing over his body to anyone. Not for years, at any rate, and then to his family at their transportation expense from America.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Please. If there wasn't something rotten about this whole thing they'd be publicizing his real pictures like there was no tomorrow, and they certainly wouldn't have disposed of the body till America had more than enough chance to celebrate and be satisfied that all is as it appears.

That settles it then. Bin Laden was killed & buried in Kenya!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That settles it then. Bin Laden was killed & buried in Kenya!
Something definitely smells. Even you knee jerk Obama defenders have to admit that dumping the body at sea before America had a chance to process this whole thing is beyond suspicious.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (325wsm1, 160user, 30incher, 35, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 18 invisible), 16,951 guests, and 1,076 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,231
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.