Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
People have to be crazy to waste $1.00 for a bullet to shoot a big game animal! wink

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
Right now it is that they advertise a new Tipped TSX in .224 but havent put them out yet... frown

Otherwise...they overpenetrate and its hard to get a mushroom for those neat pics to post... grin

Sweet! I don't get to the fire much anymore and first I had heard. Has barnes given a release date?

You need to call it. I can't call it for you.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Barnes monolithic hollow points have always been called "X" bullets. ......XFB, XBT, XLC, TSX, TTSX......they are all X bullets. I have more of the earlier versions which I have recovered from game animals, but that is only because I have killed more with them. Percentage-wise, I have more of the recent (TSX) types though they number only two or three. It appears to me that the newer bullets do not open as widely as older X types did. Perhaps that solves the petal loss "problem". Perhaps the newer designs also help improve the reliability of the bullet to open, even if to a lesser degree. I don't know. I am still not convinced that monolithics have been developed to the point that they open as well and consistently at lower speeds as bullets constructed from softer, malleable metals such as lead. I do think the extra T is an effort by Barnes, and the singular efforts of Hornady and Nosler, to solve lower speed impact upset issues. They are great bullets within their speed window of effectiveness.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
release date for TTSXs in .22...undetermined... frown

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Forgive me father, for I have sinned....... grin

Hardly, ...as I Blessed these Gifts, which they were about to receive...
(Ordained OnLine )

[Linked Image]

caint make cake outta [bleep]
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
OK....Dat's a "click and save".... laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
definitely a wicked cool picture! i stole it too!

I can't spell... Deal with it...
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nice pic!! 338-06?

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
prm,

my 338 Fed's are looking like that with 160 TTSX's. Gonna give them a test next week. Have you tried them in your 338 Fed yet?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by McCake

Hardly, ...as I Blessed these Gifts, which they were about to receive...
(Ordained OnLine )

[Linked Image]

OK....Dat's a "click and save".... laugh

Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz
definitely a wicked cool picture! i stole it too!

Zealots! grin

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Official word from Barnes:

Fotis,
The velocities that we test the bullets at for minimum vary depending on caliber and weight and the cartridge they were intended for.

Thanks, Josh

Josh Springer | Consumer Service
Barnes Bullets, LLC

38 North Frontage Road, PO Box 620, Mona, UT 84645
Phone 435-856-1111 | Fax 435-856-1040 | joshsbarnesbullets.com

Freedom Group Family of Companies: Remington | Marlin | Bushmaster Firearms | DPMS / Panther Arms | H&R | Barnes Bullets | Advanced Armament Corp | Mountain Khakis | EOTAC | Dakota Arms | Parker Gun

Confidentiality/Proprietary Note: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please reply back to sender advising that you have received the e-mail in error and delete this e-mail from your system.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fotis
Official word from Barnes....

Heres what Josh gave me on the 358 200 TTSX...

Todd,

The .358cal 200gr TTSX with a muzzle velocity of 2300fps will give you reliable expansion out to about 275yds.

Thanks, Josh

Josh Springer | Consumer Service
Barnes Bullets, LLC

38 North Frontage Road, PO Box 620, Mona, UT 84645
Phone 435-856-1111 | Fax 435-856-1040 | [email protected]

im figurin 1700 or so on this one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Pat, I stopped a 62 grain TSX last night...the first one I ever fired at a critter.

Ham to head, lost a petal. Can't load pics in the sticks, but I've got some autopsy photos I'll hang later.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Congratulations! They are hard to catch. Thus far, I've recovered two 53's and one .308 120grn. I can hardly imagine what it would take to stop a 100grn .257. Anybody here every recovered one from an animal?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by CLB
prm,

my 338 Fed's are looking like that with 160 TTSX's. Gonna give them a test next week. Have you tried them in your 338 Fed yet?

Going to try the 185s on a hog this weekend.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Ha, just messin' around. Turkey's here are a shotgun game. I'll never forget the first time I had one spitting and drumming right in my lap. We can't use rifles here, though there have been some times when I wished we could. grin

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
We can use them here in the fall season. For reasons unknown, we cannot use them in the spring season...hence I have never shot a turkey with a shotgun. smile

I'm thinkin' its for all the Bubba Wannabes that want to ground sluice a bird during mating season, like they see so often on Bubbavision...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a few boxes of .284 120grn I am looking forward to punching leather with.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I still have a stash of the old 7mm 120gr "X" bullet. I only shoot them in one rilfe. My old rem mtn rifle in 280 loves those bullets moly'd and shoots them very very well. I have enough for a few more years but after that I'll just have to switch to the TTSX.

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Lots of interesting comments. So far I've only loaded up my .257 Robt. and .35 Whelen with the TSX bullets. Accuracy from the .257 runs right at 1.25" which is about all I gotten regarding accuracy from that rifle. It's just adequate although I'm thinking playing with the seating depth might help improve accuracy. Bullet is the 100 gr. TSX over a fairly stiff load of IMR4350.
On the .35 Whelen, I use the 225 gr. TSX over a stiff oad of RL15 and the rifles shoots .50 to .75". I shot a cow elk with that load last december and the bullet hit just behind the short ribs on the left side and exited between the neck and right shoulder. I've never seen an animal go down as fast as that elk did.
I recently picked up some 20 gr. and 140 gr. TSX bullets to rey in my 7x57 and .280 Rem. I haven't gotten aroud to loading any of those yet. Should be interesting.
On the .257, my ex-son in law has a Winchester M70 Feather weight that is the exact twin of mine. After missing a deer we shot at a beer cah stuck in the crotch of a tree. The bullets were dead on and every one punched clean through a 13" pine. The TSX cost me a very nice Mule Deer on that hunt. He was standing with a bunch of does and I knew damn well if I shot him I'd probably take a couple of does as well. I guess I shouldn't blame the bullet as I was using the Whelen and regardless of what bullet I used I'd have taken a couple of does. Just bad luck, that's as as that was the only decent buck I saw on the whole trip.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

228 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 2500HD, 41 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,604
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.