Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Originally Posted by Swampman700
They can do amazing things with plastic these days.

Alright Swampy, here is a challenge for you. You bring the out of the box 700 of your choice up to the range and shoot it against my out of the box Tikka T3 at any range and target of your choice.

If your 700 out shoots or even shoots as good as my Tikka. I will give you the Tikka plus repay the purchase price of your 700.

Put up or shut up.

You would have more luck trying to impeach OBama than this assclown showing up to put his money where his mouth is.

FWIW one of my Tikkas is a 695 Whitetail in 7mag. Like Blackheart, 11 years and counting and it's extremely tough and unbelievablly accurate. That Remy/Tikka out of the box showdown is a mismatch.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You would have more luck trying to impeach OBama than this assclown showing up to put his money where his mouth is.

+1,000,000

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I had a T3 synthetic in 338 Fed. that wouldn't shoot no matter what I did. I just got frustrated with it and it went down the road.

Would I buy another....prolly not.....but that is just me!!!

Many a member here has had great luck with the T3's.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had a LH T3 Lite in 270WSM which was only average in accuracy (at best) and abysmally slow and it went down the road.

Would I buy another....prolly not.....but that is just me!!!

Many a member here has had great luck with the T3's.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do like the FFII's!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B2

C
CMH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Picked up a T3 light in 6.5x55 a year or so ago, never found a load that shot much over MOA. Settled on 140 Accubonds pushed to just over 2700 with R22. For kicks one day fired a 15 round string with minimal cooling, and the dang thing only opened up to 1 1/4". It impressed me pretty well plastic or no.

Also had one in 7RM for a bit, but traded it off. It was still an honest MOA shooter, just a touch more finicky than the 6.5. Probably should have held on to it as the new 7 in the safe is 700CDL. While being prettier, it demanded bedding, floating and much more load work to get to the same level of consistency and accuracy as the Tikka.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great shootin' HBB! Another Tikka in the house, eh? Best factory rifle built, ALL things considered.

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by yukonal
Great shootin' HBB! Another Tikka in the house, eh? Best factory rifle built, ALL things considered.

Yep, the Tikkas are, in my opinion, the most rifle you can get for the money.

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
They can do amazing things with plastic these days.

700 out of the box can't run with it, THat is plain and simple

+1.I have the proof in the safe.The only rifle I have that will shoot with my T3(.25-06)is my Vanguard(.257 Weatherby).

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I have a .270 that ate a .308 round and survived with nothing more than a cracked bolt shroud, and yes including the .308 round it still finished the group at under 1.5moa. Extremely accurate with the 110ttsx and vmax as well. I dont know if its fast or slow but it does about 3375fps with either of the 110 and Im not asking for anymore speed.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
I have a .270 that ate a .308 round and survived with nothing more than a cracked bolt shroud, and yes including the .308 round it still finished the group at under 1.5moa. Extremely accurate with the 110ttsx and vmax as well. I dont know if its fast or slow but it does about 3375fps with either of the 110 and Im not asking for anymore speed.

That is impressive performance.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wonder if Swampy has ever seen a Glock ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love Glocks, but I don't want a plastic deer rifle.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I love Glocks, but I don't want a plastic deer rifle.

So it's a matter of aesthetics for you? I have no problem with that whatsoever (any more than I'd have a problem with somebody that prefers redheads over brunettes) but you often come across (intentionally or otherwise) as berating a rifle's quality/utility based on "plastic" components. Any love for Glocks on your part all but concedes a quality rifle need not be made of all metal and wood.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A pistol is a tool like a hammer, it can be ugly as long as it works 100% of the time. A deer rifle for me is not....it's a portal to the past....when this country was another kind of place. I have no interest in foreign made plastic deer rifles. The firearms industry is one of the few places where America still makes a better quality product than anyone else and I will continue to support it, esp. when that quality cost a lot less.

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
A pistol is a tool like a hammer, it can be ugly as long as it works 100% of the time. A deer rifle for me is not....it's a portal to the past....when this country was another kind of place. I have no interest in foreign made plastic deer rifles. The firearms industry is one of the few places where America still makes a better quality product than anyone else and I will continue to support it, esp. when that quality cost a lot less.

Not a darn thing wrong with the boldened part of your quote and you're hardly alone in this opinion. Go forth with your hunting and shooting with rifles that suit your taste and be happy.

The second part is a lot more gray, and forgive me, any opinion you hold otherwise doesn't make it a fact. In keeping things germane to this thread the Tikka brand has been stunningly successful in putting consistently accurate (sorry, I mean VERY accurate) rifles in the hands of shooters at very competitive prices. Has 100% of everyone that's ever picked one up swooned over them? No, but I've yet to hear such a thing from any standard production make...and I do mean any. Still, even the most cursory glance in most any shooting website will show great support of Tikka's accuracy and utility, so much so I need not even offer my opinion. (nevermind that I own a T3 SS Lite in .308 that would support that contention most robustly)

If they aren't your cup of tea so be it but there's no shortage of people that would fall over themselves to challenge you to an out of the box accuracy challenge between Tikka (among others) and your pet brand.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
How many of you Tikka guys sit around and complain about how our economy is in the toilet because of all the companies that produce products overseas and deny jobs to American workers????? Myself, I don't subscribe to that line of thinking but many do. I have a friend who shoots a Tikka T3 Lite in 30-06. It is accurate and handles very well, but.....that sucker looks ugly to me. I wouldn't buy one for that reason but that's just my opinion and we all know about opinions. I can't believe that you guys still let Swampy get under your skin. Life is too short to let the dude get to you. I got to give old Swampman credit. He sure has a target rich environment here on these forums.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Being right all the time won't win you any popularlity contest...just ask Jesus Christ.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
A pistol is a tool like a hammer,

That is how a view a rifle. Especially for us western hunters that sometimes have to wait years just to get a damn deer tag. I want it to perform, I don't want to baby a piece or wood, and blued metal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Understood but the important metal parts should be metal, and the plastic parts plastic.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,354
Posts18,527,058
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.