Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Drank red beer all through high school and college in Kansas in the 60s and early 70s. That was mostly coors and tomato juice. Lots of taverns had a pitcher of tomato juice on the bar and you could pour into your tap beer. I still like to drink beer that way.

NRA Patron
GB4

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was thinking more like this when I saw "Red Beer"
[Linked Image]

"If we could somehow bottle the Brittany's energy and spirit, we'd solve most of the world's problems, if not all of them"

"People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Metsamies
I was thinking more like this when I saw "Red Beer"
[Linked Image]

Metsamies, you're killing me! First talking about Leinie's Creamy Dark over on the black beer thread and now bringing up their red and me with neither one on hand. That's what I get for not taking the time to stop for a beer re-supply on the way home from work today.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yup Leinie's is one of my favs. I would have to say my favorite of all time was Leinie's Northwoods Lager.

"If we could somehow bottle the Brittany's energy and spirit, we'd solve most of the world's problems, if not all of them"

"People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like that one a lot too. I haven't seen it on the shelf around here though. I was putting away a fair amount of their Select or limited edition stuff with the black and white label earlier this year. Pretty good straight forward beer flavor.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had the Northwoods back in 2008 they brought it back for a limited time. It was only sold to the the dakotas, MI, WI, and MN.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Metsamies
Yup Leinie's is one of my favs. I would have to say my favorite of all time was Leinie's Northwoods Lager.

What I remember most about Leinie's is when I worked in a bar back in the mid 70's it was the only bottled beer that would explode when you were loading it in the cooler.

One would bust and it would be a chain reaction with half a dozen blowing up. Then you'd have to unload the cooler and clean up the mess and start all over. Only beer I've ever seen do that.

BTW Big Eddie Springs is a horse. grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
LOL I have never heard that....sounds like alot of frustration.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
I have to say, it would have to be a REALLY bad beer for me to poor tomato juice in it.

Or near-beer. wink Either way, Bud, Coors, etc qualify. Actually, if your need to add anything to beer, try adding 4 ounces, or so, of Bud or Old Mil to a mug of stout. Can't kill the flavor of real beer with a bit of flavorless, effervescent swill.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting. We always referred to that as a "red eye" or a pitcher of red eye. I learned to drink it at the Chickenbone Cafe in Burlington, VT, back in the day. The recipe was 1 pitcher domestic draft beer, 1 small can tomato juice, a few shakes of Tabasco and a few shakes of black pepper. Mmm. Been many years since I have had one.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have to say, it would have to be a REALLY bad beer for me to poor tomato juice in it.

That is what the mater juice is for , skunky , sour beer.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Red beer made with Snappy Tom was my hang-over cure back when I was single, young, and had hair. cry

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

He did say it was Bud.

I am an N.R.A. Life Member,you should be to.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by T LEE
If it was bad enough to need tomato juice I think I would just pour it out!

+1

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tomato juice is a lot easier and probably cheaper for the bars than actually cleaning the draft lines!

Most people wouldn't believe the crap that can grow in a beer line. Lil 'mater juice and nobody suspects a thing!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I like red beers with home made tomato juice. It is hard to beet.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Budweiser and Clamato is the ticket

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Ah yes! Red beer, what Ginger the barkeep used to call a transfusion special. I needed a few.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All the little rural KS beer joints had small cans of cold tomato juice for red beer, usually served in the morning, or very late at night. We use V8 in beer at my house, served in a cold glass.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ia m actually very close to getting the gear to brew my own so I don't ever have to dress up beer with tomato juice...

Me

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (BALLISTIK, batch, BamaJoe, Anaconda, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,206 guests, and 889 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,141
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.