Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
taco's are still damn good trucks. The Tundra is a good one, at least mine is.

Camp is where you make it.
GB4

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Prayers sent, from a happy and proud Toyota owner. cool

Taco or Tundra owner?

my mechanic says go Tundra next purchase when replacing my 2nd GMC (am done with GM, gov't gets enough of my money)

but I'm leery ime, the newer Tacos aren't near the same rugged little truck of the late 80's and 90's vintage

color me unimpressed with the changes they've made.

I guess your "mechanic" never told you that GM and Toyota partnered up for about 26 years.

"NUMMI was established at the site of a former General Motors Fremont Assembly site that had been closed two years earlier in 1982 (GM plant since 1960). GM and Toyota reopened the factory as a joint venture in 1984 to manufacture vehicles to be sold under both brands.[2] GM pulled out of the venture in June 2009, and several months later Toyota announced plans to pull out by March 2010.[3][4] At 9.40am on April 1, 2010, the plant produced its last car, a black Toyota Corolla S believed to be destined for a museum in Japan"

WOW SHOCKING GM PARTNERS WITH THE COMPETITION!

"General Motors and Ford Motor Company cooperated in 2002 to create a new automatic transaxle, designed for transverse engine applications in cars and light trucks. The companies jointly committed to investing US$720 million in their manufacturing plants to support the new transmission."

"In 1999 New Process Gear was renamed "New Venture Gear" when it became a joint venture between General Motors and the Chrysler Corporation."

"If we could somehow bottle the Brittany's energy and spirit, we'd solve most of the world's problems, if not all of them"

"People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
as a dedicated mopar man i found this rather interesting. [img:center][Linked Image][/img]

IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, MINE ARE ALL DEFECTIVE ..... TED NUGENT
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was waiting for that to make it on here.

"If we could somehow bottle the Brittany's energy and spirit, we'd solve most of the world's problems, if not all of them"

"People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
My dad has a new f150 4x4 with a 5 liter. Lots of power and it gets by far the best mileage I've ever saw in a pickup. 19mpg+ just driving around and as good as 22 on trips.

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by lmartin
as a dedicated mopar man i found this rather interesting. [img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Imartin- re the 'overpenetration' thing -I've had women disagree. (grin)

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
I might have to eat a little crow but they're starting to grow on me...

It seems to be more affordable than the Ford or the Toyota for our family at this point, which really is what it's about when you boil it all down.

I refuse to support the Obama progressive fascist movement by buying from GM or Chrysler.

[Linked Image from ]
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

It seems to be more affordable than the Ford or the Toyota for our family at this point, which really is what it's about when you boil it all down.

I own two Rams, one a '99 2500 Quad Cab diesel, the other an '09 1500 Hemi. Both are great trucks.

The diesel now wears the camper full-time, and gets used mostly for hunting trips. With nearly 100,000 miles on it, the only trips to the shop have been for routine maintenance- nothing ever breaks on this truck!

So far, the '09 only has 18K miles on it, but same deal- everything works and has from day one. Most of its miles so far have also been for hunting trips.
Besides, it's just a great-looking truck, gets decent mileage, and rides like a dream even on rough roads.

There's just nothing not to like about these trucks, IMO.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I hate to agree, but me too. Im a chevy man. From dad hauling home a 57 shell when I was 4, to mom driving a 66 nova for 17 yrs, ive had it shoved up my butt grin I wouldnt change a thing, I love chevy's.

But then I ran across this clip......this truck is flat sexy! Im not much for white either, but Rough Country got the stance perfect on this lift....

Ive been looking at trucks for months now. Needless to say ill be looking at Dodge too come fall.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Over the last 30 or so years we owned them all fords chevys and dodges, we even had a little mazada diesel. We ran some in the ground, we traded a couple in that we didn,t destroy. No one truck stood out from the rest, they all seemed to have equal down time.

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
my problem is that ford motor products wouldn't get half the mileage i got on the gmc unless it was deisel. 3 yrs ago camping elk hunt with king ranch 250 4x4 5,000 miles we wake up at 3am to a goofy sound. truck is turned off, no keys in it and windshield washers are running. only way to stopem is to disconnect the battery. several friends had them 02-04, all with repeated big repair bills. if you get one make sure you get the extended warranty.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Prayers sent, from a happy and proud Toyota owner. cool

Taco or Tundra owner?

my mechanic says go Tundra next purchase when replacing my 2nd GMC (am done with GM, gov't gets enough of my money)

but I'm leery ime, the newer Tacos aren't near the same rugged little truck of the late 80's and 90's vintage

color me unimpressed with the changes they've made.

I have a 2010 Tacoma TRD. It's my third one. I had a 2000 and a 2006 before this one. There was nothing wrong with either of them, I traded in for newer ones. I put on at least 70 miles a day. I go with the Taco's because I don't need a full size truck. Plus it would be to difficult to access some of my fishing and hunting spots with a full size. They have always gotten me where I wanted to go, and back out.

Bob

Last edited by RS308MX; 05/16/11.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by eyeball
my problem is that ford motor products wouldn't get half the mileage i got on the gmc unless it was deisel. 3 yrs ago camping elk hunt with king ranch 250 4x4 5,000 miles we wake up at 3am to a goofy sound. truck is turned off, no keys in it and windshield washers are running. only way to stopem is to disconnect the battery.
One time in '85 the GM was leavin' the dealership about 10:30 pm when he drove by a new GMC Jimmy that he couldn't see through the windows.. He stopped and walked over to it and felt heat .. No keys in it, engine off, but the door locks were literally smoking.. He had to run back inside for the keys to pop the hood and disconnect the battery.. Bottom line - issues like you had ain't limited to Ford..
several friends had them 02-04, all with repeated big repair bills.
You can say that about any/every vehicle manufacturer..
if you get one make sure you get the extended warranty.
On that - absolutely.. Just make sure it's a factory one and not some 3rd-party aftermarket.. With the cost (and complicity) of today's vehicles - especially if you're gonna keep it a long time - an ext. service contract is nearly a must.. I had one on my '04 PSD I just traded.. Used it once - on the front end to replace all the bushings - all I paid was $100.. Ford paid the rest of the nearly $1200 bill..

And yes, I have one on my new '11 PSD..

Last edited by Redneck; 05/16/11.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Just make sure it's a factory one and not some 3rd-party aftermarket"

+ 1

Never ever buy anything other than a FACTORY warranty - no matter what.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,238
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.