Print Thread
Hop To
Page 36 of 110 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 109 110
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Dave,..you know that somewhere there's a guy on his death bed going over all the senseless stuff he's done thru the years with his children at his side. And then he stops and thinks a minute and says:

"but there will always be that SWEET mural that I painted on the sides of that 69 Roadrunner that captured the spirt an essence of America. That paint job was my pinnacle and will forever be a testament to my dedication and skill in the field of auto body!"

How will you be able to sleep at night....?

I laughed so hard I got tears in my eyes!! Nicely done!

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Like a baby...

Like a 200 lb beer drunk baby.

grin

Prolly pee the bed. grin

Got a lot done Dave. It's really looking good. How in the heck does one get that many dents in a fender? Did Weezy take it out before you bought it?

Camp is where you make it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Coulda been a deer whacker... hard to say. See, it was more than likely a crunch that has been pulled and hammered back into shape which whould explain what looks like 150 dents.

I always cringe when it comes time to strip a passenger side fender. Seems they take a beating. blind forward corner... Passenger side fenders are dent magnets.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
im sure that with enough time and effort and a case GOOD beer you can do it just fine Dave. have at er and keep us updated.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
It was a fairly productive weekend. Just to be clear, my dents are mostly in that fender. I see now that looking at my pictures the whole car may appear to have dents because of kind of a spotted look but those are just little patches of primer that I haven't quite got sanded off yet. I went around the car with 40 grit paper to remove probably 99% of the old paint and primer, Now I'll make a much quicker lap around the car with 60 or 80 grit which will help me clean the body panels even further.

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, you're just missing the choke. Otherwise your AVS looks to be in excellent original condition. They are very easy carbs to clean and rebuild. Straight forward design, gas doesn't leak out of them, and they make good power. Set them up as designed by the factory, and resist the urge to loosen the secondary air valve (what looks like a choke plate over the secondaries). All you'll get is a bog. The brass floats shouldn't ever give you trouble with soaking up gas. Make sure the choke pull-off holds vacuum. Ensure the rods and pistons move freely. The rods are delicate, so insert them AFTER the carb top has been installed.

When you clean out the various air bleeds and jets in the primary venturi clusters, just use solvent and compressed air. And they can only go in one way - look for a little notch on the underside mating surface.

The AVS (air valve secondary) is a more advanced design, an improvement on the AFB (aluminum four barrel). The primary side is similar to the AFB, but the secondary side is the precursor to the Quadrajet and Thermoquad designs. The primary jets and rods of the AVS are unique to it, and don't interchange with the AFB (unless you ALSO replace the dimpled step-up piston cover plate with the flat one from the AFB). The secondary jets however, are the same design.

Last edited by grouseman; 05/16/11.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wow, thanks man!

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
am thinkin grouseman has seen a carb b4

also thinkin Deerwhacker has seen the backside of his woman's hand before (don't ask how I know)

i love a good smartazz, nicely done DW!

keep after er beer baby, lookin good

love your threads

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That right front fender looks like a couple of my Puma Knives, are you sure it's not made by the Damascus Method. wink

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Passenger side fenders are dent magnets.

Natch the only dent I have on my truck - driver's side.

I'm different.......

Me

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DANG, that is looking good. That fender is a bodymans nightmare though but I bet you will have looking good in short order.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
That is going to be an incredible ride when your done. I love those old Road Runner / GTX's. Plenty of room for 'More Power'.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by teal
I'm different.......

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
there's A man who know's what he's talkingabout. grin

Every day of my life forces me to add to the number of people who can kiss my ARSS grin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That fresh air hood itself is worth a pretty penny. What can you tell us about the engine, and any future plans? I know you want to keep it fairly original and simple, reliable with reasonable economy.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Original as far as i know. Previous owner swapped in a different cam but other than that I don't know of any engine mods.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The wife took notice of 2 things she declaired as "grand discoveries" yesterday.

this dash light...

[Linked Image]

And this reverse light...

[Linked Image]

So... everybody might want to check their mopars for these wonderful options... lol!!

Well.. the damn fenders fell off... actually no, they didn't fall off. After removing the 4326 bolts that hold the fenders on, they were removed. As well as the doors.

[Linked Image]

My best helper sanding a door sill area...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

God this kid is great, he likes helping, and I like letting him help!! grin

[Linked Image]

My plymouth is part bee it seems......

[img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/northerndave/roadrunner%20stuff/102_6083.jpg[/img]

Regular though, non super.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is becoming one of my favorite threads of all time! I have been lurking for several yeats now and I have never read everything up to page 72.
I have to admit I am not a Mopar guy. My sister had a 65 Barracuda that I liked and my cousin had a GTX and a 'Cuda with a big honkin motor. Forget which one now but I know it had over 400 cubic inches under the hood. Lots of tickets but never crashed.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
"never crashed" is pretty important grin

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You DO realize he's helping because he expects wheel privileges, right? d:^)

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Page 36 of 110 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 109 110

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

487 members (1234, 219 Wasp, 10ring1, 204guy, 222Sako, 22250rem, 35 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,855
Posts18,517,658
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.