Page 9 of 61 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 60 61
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
Originally Posted by isaac
Originally Posted by Mac84
I was trained that no amount of dope is worth dying or killing over. There will always be more sometime in the future if the evidence gets flushed. Forcing the op with children present is bad juju in the making.

===========

As to his kids,I guess daddy shouldn't have pointed the rifle at the cops then. They knew LE was at their house to serve a warrant,I'm guessing.

IDK...If someone yells "Police" and kicks in my door...I am unloading...why???Because I know there is no reason for them to kick in my door...even if they are police.

Sheriff's office said the Marine's rifle was on safe. How many Marines do you figure fresh out of the Corp, forget to take the safety off if they intend to shoot?

If he was ex Air Force, I'm down with that potential...not a Marine. For all we know he got his rifle, aimed at them until he verified who it was, then put the safety on and was lowering it when Barney Pfife started shooting.

No way, no how.... a 26 year old former Marine bad guy, intending to shoot cops, forgot how to use an AR 2-3 years out.

[Linked Image]

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Updated: May 19, 2011 4:45 PM EDT
By Brian White, producer - bio | email

After the shooting, the SWAT team withdrew from the house, not knowing if the suspect had been shot or not because he fell out of view, according to the lawyer. At that point, they reassessed the situation as a "barricaded person" being in the home. The attorney said the SWAT team was unsure if there were other armed suspects in the house at that time.

Medical teams were not allowed in because of this, Storie said. SWAT operatives sent in robots to ensure the house was cleared, he added.

Let me interpret this for you. An entry team of several armored up/loaded for bear county hoodlums breach the door. A lone "drug runner" is on the other side of the breached door with a gun. He doesn't fire a shot. Said team of hoodlums sees gun and runs the [bleep] back out the same door they just destroyed....and for an hour, they just stand around to establish "scene safety". Where I come from, this is called abject cowardice. Your life and the life of the rest of the entry team depends on the #1 and #2 man both making it to opposing corners in the room you just entered, each man clearing his corner as he goes in, there is no other way to clear a room. You do this or you die in the attempt, it is that simple. If you don't have the cajones for this, you are a poser, as these thugs obviously are. It is still argueable if this former Marine was guilty of anything, it is not argueable that these thugs are despicable human beings, barely worthy of the title.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When two of you are carrying shotguns and four full auto's, it don't take long to put 60 holes in somebody.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm guessing he armed himself because he did know. Schit man...now you got me speculating. I'll wait for the follow-up stories.....and some more facts.

If the shooting was legit,I'll gladly represent the heat. If it was a baddie,I'll take the family and retire after my 1/3rd.

I'm thinking they didn't break down Ghandi's door,though.

Like I said...startin to smell less bad...but with the original story...there was a smell...and If I shot at a deer 71 times...hit him 60...I would not have to send in a robot to determine the likelyhood of his causing me harm.

===============

You armchair SWAT guys got a handle on it all. Like they knew how many times he was hit. He moved out of view...you don't walk into the possibilty of being shot unless you know for certain,period. They used robots to clear the area and there is nothing improper about that,if their factual recitation proves accurate. If this man was part of a drug dealing/home invasion operation,I'll fall asleep 5 minutes after my head hits the pillow.

Still can't phathom how I would not know a guy who was shot 60 times...was still a threat or not...but I am out. You are right...all perfect in the world...no sleep loss for me either

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Sheriff's office said the Marine's rifle was on safe. How many Marines do you figure fresh out of the Corp, forget to take the safety off if they intend to shoot?

No way, no how.... a 26 year old former Marine bad guy, intending to shoot cops, forgot how to use an AR 2-3 years out.

That means nothing...the Police could have shot him before he had time to take the safety off..

If the SWAT guys believed he was part of a violent home invasion crew and a former Marine, they were probably not going to take any chances...

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Would home invasions fit your norm,FB?

The article said the wife's sister? (I think) recently had a home invasion. So it would be something potentially on their mind, no?

All I know is what I would do if my son saw someone in black outside the window and the door busted down and I'm a lilly white clean citizen.

Considering the Indiana Supremes ruling, I hope you are as cautious as well, my friend.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'm guessing he armed himself because he did know. Schit man...now you got me speculating. I'll wait for the follow-up stories.....and some more facts.

If the shooting was legit,I'll gladly represent the heat. If it was a baddie,I'll take the family and retire after my 1/3rd.

Like I said...startin to smell less bad...but with the original story...there was a smell...and If I shot at a deer 71 times...hit him 60...I would not have to send in a robot to determine the likelyhood of his causing me harm.

===============

You armchair SWAT guys got a handle on it all. Like they knew how many times he was hit. He moved out of view...you don't walk into the possibilty of being shot unless you know for certain,period. They used robots to clear the area and there is nothing improper about that,if their factual recitation proves accurate.

You need to stick with chasin' ambulances, the more you talk, the more stupid you look. You obviously ain't cut out for that line of work either.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Pete E

That means nothing...the Police could have shot him before he had time to take the safety off..

If the SWAT guys believed he was part of a violent home invasion crew and a former Marine, they were probably not going to take any chances...

If someone busts through my door...I am not taking any chances either...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Just be quicker than that former Marine was then...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Does depend on how long he had the weapon in his hand. One would have to assume he didn't keep it in the living room and from accounts that is where the confrontation took place.

I don't blame the SWAT guys for shooting, they think they're entering a bad guy's house and he's holding an AR. Easy action.

The safety on is merely a possible clue that the guy was merely trying to protect his family.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You won't stand a chance if you are a hijacker and they know it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell

You won't stand a chance if you are a hijacker and they know it.

What are my chances if I live next door to the Hijacker?

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

SWAT crews aren't generally told the people behind the door are Girl Scouts.....

Which is why they blew the chit outta this guy.

I just question that the only route was to have what happened, especially when there are officer's lives on the line as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HawkI

I just question that the only route was to have what happened, especially when there are officer's lives on the line as well.

And a very legitimate question, regardless of the guilt or otherwise of the dead guy..

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

SWAT crews aren't generally told the people behind the door are Girl Scouts.....

Which is why they blew the chit outta this guy.

Absolutely. Why is it no one else is questioning why they didn't pick this guy up at work, or on the way to or from?

You've been casing his house and you don't even know where or when he works?

How can it not be safer and easier for everyone, to stop him out in the open in his car, getting in or out?

This is what really annoys me, not the fact a shooting took place. You bust down doors, you are far more likely to have dead bodies than where you can physically view him and control the environment.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

And a very legitimate question, regardless of the guilt or otherwise of the dead guy..

You never know. It may have been a overzealous decision by cops. It may have been the safest option available.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

===============

You armchair SWAT guys got a handle on it all. Like they knew how many times he was hit. He moved out of view...you don't walk into the possibilty of being shot unless you know for certain,period. They used robots to clear the area and there is nothing improper about that,if their factual recitation proves accurate.

You need to stick with chasin' ambulances, the more you talk, the more stupid you look. You obviously ain't cut out for that line of work either.

=============

Laffin'...sniff some more glue,dumb schit!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

How can it not be safer and easier for everyone, to stop him out in the open in his car, getting in or out?

It would not be safer, if he was a real bad guy that had voiced, or displayed, the potential to go down in smoke.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
There's all kinds of scenarios, but I'm sure they knew he was home, knew who else was in there and kicking down the door apparently was the only option?

If your on the back side of a SWAT team and a busted door and your armed, they're going to shoot you, dealer or not, and the guys kicking the door down aren't going to chance your nature either...

Putting all the marbles on the alleged perp ain't good business, especially when you don't have to kick a door in...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Who said it couldn't be brought up? Bringing it up has nothing to do with whether it's relevant or not.
The number of shots fired is relevant because one is not privileged to use more force than is necessary to neutralize a threat. Pretty hard to argue that it required sixty rounds to neutralize the threat. Not saying it's dispositive in itself, but it is considered relevant at trial when self-defense or defense of others is the defense.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Page 9 of 61 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 60 61

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 308ld, Anaconda, 35, 11 invisible), 1,501 guests, and 860 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,749
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.