Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What you are really saying is that nothing Palin says or does will ever be good enough for you�what low level stringers from the hinterlands are you talking about with a tour that started in DC and went though Boston and NYC�

�intelligently answering questions� from all comers including CNN Peter Hamby is exactly what Gov. Palin was doing last week.

And Palin has said it best about the LSM�she doesn�t owe the LLSM
(Left Lame Stream Media) a damn thing�so don�t hold your breath�

�I don�t know why politicians have to apologize after getting dinged in a 24-hour news cycle,� Governor Palin said on Hannity. Gov. Palin added �We should ignore some of these reporters, use new social media and fair and balanced reporters and don�t play the lamestream media�s game.�

So to get intelligent questions to give intelligent answers to, Sarah went on Chris Wallace, who certainly is no conservative�

�not raising the debt ceiling�under-employment rate is at 17%�Quantitative Easing�the Ryan Plan and Medicare�Our three wars�American history�the Tenth Amendment �Romney�Bachmann�

When asked �what would President Palin do�? she answered, �I would go in the opposite direction of Obama and the Democrats.
We still have a 9.1% unemployment rate, 17% under-employment.
I would cut the federal budget, cut burdensome regulations and mandates, cut taxes, not outsource our jobs, and unleash our domestic energy resources.�
�Energy is the key to prosperity and security,� Gov. Palin said, adding that �it does come down to �Drill baby, Drill!��.

Wallace said it was a Boffo interview.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rrroae
Can you provide a source Bow?

Also, I wouldn't get too excited about a politician who heavily taxed an industry so she could give everyone in her state a $1,200 windfall on top of the $2,000 a year they already get for breathing. Even for welfare recipients.

That's the liberal Robin Hood approach.

I am a hardcore Supply Side Conservative because I know reducing taxes increases revenue every time it�s tried. Jobs, jobs, jobs.

But I see a big difference in that and having big oil pay for removing resources from my state to use in your state.

Call it royalties instead of taxes if that will make you feel better.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

C
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
To sum it up on Palin, seems she talks out of both sides of her mouth.

So that makes her a politician.

And flips and flops faster than a bluegill on a hot rock!

Dem, rep, or tea bagger, they are all the same.

It's time to take the profit out of politics and return the government to the people.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Perky talks with the vocabulary and delivery of a precocious teen age girl. The fact that you find that appealing indicates she is, perhaps, marginally more intelligent than you, which isn't saying much.
So, you were a dedicated follower of the Great Orator, the King? P-BO himself? Old 'Hope and Change'??

How's all that great oratory workin' out for ya????

As for me, I don't care if a (or ANY) candidate speaks like Donald Duck - if they have the right policies to return this country to greatness again and get Gov't OUT of our lives as much as possible, I'm voting for them..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I will vote for Perky in the unfortunate exigency she is nominated. Then I will sit back and watch her lose all 50 states, while BHO runs the table; the House, the Senate, and governorships.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
To sum it up on Palin, seems she talks out of both sides of her mouth.

So that makes her a politician.

And flips and flops faster than a bluegill on a hot rock!

Dem, rep, or tea bagger, they are all the same.

It's time to take the profit out of politics and return the government to the people.

What flips flops?

Provide specifics please, so we can talk about what you�re talking about.

Hope you have current/recent examples that are relevant to Palin�s positions and the oncoming election.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

It is difficult to pin her down to any specific flip flop because she speaks in cliches and platitudes much like a precocious teeny bopper. Her demeanor reminds me of a gushy kindergarten teacher babbling to her class of five year olds.

This does not speak well of those adults(?) who swallow her pablum.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What precocious teeny bopper clich�s and platitudes ?

Hope you have current/recent examples that are relevant to Palin�s positions and the oncoming election.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R

I will vote for Perky in the unfortunate exigency she is nominated. Then I will sit back and watch her lose all 50 states, while BHO runs the table; the House, the Senate, and governorships.

I bet (PUN) isaac would take you up on those odds..

Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
What precocious teeny bopper clich�s and platitudes ?

He doesn't have 'em.. No sense wastin' time askin'..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I watched the video of her "answering" the question. I'm not sure how anyone figured out what she meant one way or the other.

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Speaks more of the people giving her that money, than it does of her.

And I'm proud to be one of them.

Would she have gotten any of that money if she looked like Helen Thomas?

No.

I'd like to think so, you probably should have used a different example than ole Helen Liberal Thomas

I'd say if Thomas had the same record exactly as Palin there'd be a whole slew of guys trouting out "good guys for granny!"

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

As soon as Perky, the Bobble Head, gets into a debate with anyone of substance or takes questions from the MSN she will fade.

And who might these people of "substance" be that she will have to debate??

O, does it really make you feel important to keep calling her those stupid juvenile names? You must be suffering from a complete lack in yourself and with good reason.

Grow up, punk.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Speaks more of the people giving her that money, than it does of her.

I'm on board that I'd prefer someone out championing the conservative cause that's quicker thinking on their feet, and more articulate than Palin, but for now I don't see any of those jabronis rising to the occassion.

sooo imo

those that profess to be conservative that join the ranks of the liberals that never miss an opportunity to denigrate the messenger and thus the message (hey it's how liberals and RINOS play)...

well it says more about them than it does her. YMMV

Last edited by 2legit2quit; 06/06/11.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

As soon as Perky, the Bobble Head, gets into a debate with anyone of substance or takes questions from the MSN she will fade.

And who might these people of "substance" be that she will have to debate??

O, does it really make you feel important to keep calling her those stupid juvenile names? You must be suffering from a complete lack in yourself and with good reason.

Grow up, punk.

there's something deep seated in "Spanky" of a feeling of inadequacy, whether it be Palin or denigrating middle class folks with some of his statements he's made here.

the guy is intelligent, has made some loot etc. but he's either got a small penis or one that doesn't work or what he did was never good enough for daddy, sumpthin

a guy don't end up that much of an azzhole with all he's got going for him without some kind of trauma that makes him act like such an azzhole on occassion

that's my take anyway

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

there's something deep seated in "Spanky" of a feeling of inadequacy,(deservedly so) whether it be Palin or denigrating middle class folks with some of his statements he's made here.

the guy is intelligent (so he claims), has made some loot etc. (so he claims) but he's either got a small penis or one that doesn't work or what he did was never good enough for daddy, sumpthin

a guy don't end up that much of an azzhole with all he's got going for him (so he claims) without some kind of trauma that makes him act like such an azzhole on occassion a regular basis

that's my take anyway

Fixt, bud.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I truly believe that Spanky really is a lib trying to pose as a concerned conservative. While he keeps himself busy trying to put Governor Palin down, he is living in mortal fear of what is he going to do or say if she jumps in and beats his messiah. That would be terribly embarrassing to him. A real ego downer.

Nice fix, Ironbender. grin

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
One of the advantages of living in California, as Spanikopitas and I do, is that there's enough people here across the political spectrum to get a pretty good idea how a wide political spectrum views a particular issue or person (and before you go snivelling about how "liberal" California is, and discounting what we hear and see- take a look at how many red counties we have, and remember: Reagan started here, so STFU).

If you think what happens in California doesn't matter, you forget the magic number: 270. That's how many electoral votes it takes to win the presidency. And California has 55 of those votes. How Palin plays in those states important. I posted on this 6 months ago: add in the other "liberal" states: Illinois (20) Wisconsin (10) Minnesota (10)Michigan (16); New York (29) the states up in New England (61 total), and you're only 61 votes short of election. I was in PA during her visit, and the general reaction (other than the people who showed up for her rallies... the pantysniffers) was pretty ho-hum, to negative... probably another 20 votes, 3 for DC, don't think she can carry Ohio-21 votes, All BHO needs is another 13 votes (he'll get Hawaii's 4) Do you think Sarah can run the table of every other state? To beat Obama, she needs to. 2008 was a referendum election on the Iraq War and the economy; 2010 was a referendum election on the economy... I wouldn't assume what happened carries over again.

And the fact is, contrary to what people write on this board, she doesn't "piss off" the libs. They more or less view her as a joke. Like Ross Perot on his second run. Just about every "RINO" (and like it or not, you'll need those low-life, slimey, unprincipled, non-litmus-test-meeting communists on your side to beat Obama)sees her prominence as an embarrassment. Charitably, she's referred to as an "idiot." Even reading the transcripts people have posted today as evidence of her "brilliance" lean heavily on pithy generalizations, and empty points.

Palin may do well in the primaries... against other Republicans. But California is important for a history lesson: the Republican Party here is great at weeding out the "RINOs" who run for the legislature. So the candidate that runs is then routinely trounced, even in districts a "RINO" would have won. As a result, the Dems here are about to amass a 2/3 majority that can trump everything. The GOP in California has become irrelevant, and it's self-inflicted. Run Palin... and watch that potentially become a national trend. I'm not surprised she's polling well among Republicans who would vote for the most conservative candidate. That doesn't mean she's electable.

She's great for the Dems. Will any Dems vote for Palin? Will "moderates" or "RINOS" votes for Palin? Not likely. If they don't vote for Palin... who do they vote for? Not Palin.

So if you think you can get 270 electoral votes by disregarding that the vast majority of people in the most populous states think she's not a viable candidate. Hell, back in March, she was almost head-to-head in polling against f'ing Charlie Sheen! PPP Results, even with a crappy economy. People will only go so far, voting against the incumbent, even Obama. And we know that historically, midterms aren't too valuable in the prediction category.

If you think Palin can beat Obama, which would seem to be the real objective, with the 3 electoral votes from Montana and 3 from Alaska (and it's not real clear Palin could even carry Alaska, which would put her up there with Gore losing Tennessee), that's pretty damn optimistic.

We can't afford 4 more years of Obama. I'll take 75% of the pie by running someone who can win, but may not satisfy everyone, to running Palin, who, far more likely than not, hands Obama the whole damn pie.

Murphy was an optimist.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you sum up the problem rather nicely FlyFast

it's kowtowing to liberals and moderates that's gotten us where we are as a nation.

many conservative folks on here mourn and miss the days of RR campaign and presidency where he was not as willing to "moderate" his views as to expound why his views were better than what alternatives were offered

tis why it's my view, there's really no hope for this country to ever resemble the nation most of us grew up in, for lack of a better term it's been Kalifornicated, UNLESS, we split it in two.

I'm not much interested in a watered down version of conservatism and it doesn't work very well, it only delays at best the liberal land we're becoming and the one you find yourself mired in neck deep.

not slamming CA, just their gov't and what the people have allowed it to become, much as is happening all across our nation

you guys are indeed a bellwether state

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by NathanL
I watched the video of her "answering" the question. I'm not sure how anyone figured out what she meant one way or the other.

Here is the quote��make your own mind up�
�He who warned, uh, the British that they weren�t going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he�s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed.�

But remember this��a few months ago, Palin watched the Lib�s heads explode when she said to the Tea Party; �party like it�s 1773.�
Turns she was right, that was the year of the first Tea Party in Boston.

So maybe Sarah thought; that was fun, lets try it again�

Meanwhile she is on Greta, Hannity, and Chris Wallace with the issues that really matter.

I�m sticking with that�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

you guys are indeed a bellwether state

If that's true, and I think you're right, Randy, we should stop campaigning now and save our breath and energy.

California has not ben on the right side of a presidential election since 1988.
http://www.270towin.com/states/California

Know that I don't mean to paint the good people of CA with the same brush that caused those errors.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,168
Posts18,484,544
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.