Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I support government packing up and going away.

If they did, this entire discussion would be moot.

That's better. Your paraphrasing Karl Marx was starting to scare me.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by NathanL
Originally Posted by JOG
If you're not snivelling because of the taxes you have to pay as a result of being in the top 1% of wage earners in the country, you're begruding other people the ability to make enough money to live a decent life on.

bad form,...very bad form.

Ability? If that word was part of the equation minimum wage would be irrelevant.

If the economy hadn't been gutted by the globalists, the "ability" factor would be a relevant consideration. But with the *real* unemployment rate hovering very close to great depression numbers, a persons ability often has fuggall to do with his or her earning capacity.

I still call bullshit. Sure your income may have dropped and your style of living declined - but overall those at the bottom are there for a reason, and those not at the bottom (and not necessarily those at the top) are there for a reason and it has little to do with "globalization".

Long term people need to adapt, change, and overcome. If you can't do that you'll fall to the bottom. That's the way it works, how it always has worked and will always worked.

That's a nice little speech, but government is by *far* the largest expense any working person has.

At the risk of being redundant, the government has amassed a 14 fuggin' trillion dollar debt,..and if you don't think the people are going to foot the bill for it, you're kidding yourself.

It's not that people are sinking to the bottom.

The government is raising the bottom up to swallow them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
people who make the minimum wage don't pay income tax, they get EITC.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
people who make the minimum wage don't pay income tax,

Well,..them no good fer nuthin' sumbitches!

Who do they think they are?,..members of the fuggin' Federal Reserve?!!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JOG
If you're not snivelling because of the taxes you have to pay as a result of being in the top 1% of wage earners in the country, you're begruding other people the ability to make enough money to live a decent life on.

bad form,...very bad form.

Ability? If that word was part of the equation minimum wage would be irrelevant.

If the economy hadn't been gutted by the globalists, the "ability" factor would be a relevant consideration. But with the *real* unemployment rate hovering very close to great depression numbers, a persons ability often has fuggall to do with his or her earning capacity.

I still call bullshit. Sure your income may have dropped and your style of living declined - but overall those at the bottom are there for a reason, and those not at the bottom (and not necessarily those at the top) are there for a reason and it has little to do with "globalization".

Long term people need to adapt, change, and overcome. If you can't do that you'll fall to the bottom. That's the way it works, how it always has worked and will always worked.

Now you can say long term globilzation has shipped a lot of jobs overseas. But we started talking in this thread about minimum wage. If you were making minimum wage 25 years ago and haven't done anything to improve yourself it doesn't matter if no jobs went to China you would still be making minimum wage.
Oh my God, do you elitist MF's really want me to tell you how things really work in this [bleep] up country ? Truth be told, It WILL be embarassing if you dumb [bleep]'s don't STFU ! I'LL GIVE YA A CLUE IN THAT IT REALLY IS WHO YA KNOW AND WHO YA BLOW not how "qualified" or smart or "educated" you are. I work with local government here and know JUST EXACTLY OF WHAT I speak !

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Meds, take them. You've got a lot of hate botted up there. I'd hate to see you go postal on someone because a high school dropout who can't read and write is making minimum wage.

Otto is my co-pilot.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I work with local government here...

Well, that figures.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JOG
I support government packing up and going away.

If they did, this entire discussion would be moot.

That's better. Your paraphrasing Karl Marx was starting to scare me.

If the American people were truly against Marxism, they would demand an end to both of the dominant political parties in America.

Both the Dems and the GOP have been scooping up enormous quantities of the people's wealth and redistributing it as they see fit for many decades.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Minimum wage in RI is $7.40 an hour. A 40 hour week makes you $296 and Uncle Sam's going to take a third of that. I don't know anyone here that can live on $200 a week. $800 a month won't pay my property taxes! Help anyone paying rent, health insurance, and food. I'll push my lawn mower the rest of my life.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
oh, so blackheart is a local government union worker and an Obama supporter.....full of hate and venom at anyone who succeeds.

it all kind of falls together. SEIU member?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Meds, take them. You've got a lot of hate botted up there. I'd hate to see you go postal on someone because a high school dropout who can't read and write is making minimum wage.
Yeah, that's why I've been forced to "make do" with the lazy, retarded, grandsons of the town board on my work crews. Get a clue you DUMB BASTARD !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can I keep going till you stroke out...I think you are close.

Sounds like you have more issues than who is in the white house and what federal minimum wage is.

Otto is my co-pilot.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Sounds like you have more issues than who is in the white house and what federal minimum wage is.
I really do get tired of having to "make do" with the progeny of such dumb [bleep]'s as you. No telling what could really be accomplished with those who were truly best qualified but that will never be known because of the status quo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I really do get tired of having to make do ewith the progeny of such dumb [bleep]'s as you. No telling what cvould be accomplished with those who were truly best qualified but that will never be knownm because of the status quo.

Must be getting close to going over the edge, you are starting to mispell words like "cvould" and "knownm". If i were you (and thank god I'm not) I'd turn off the computer, walk outside and get some fresh air and excercise...assuming you don't live in the typical liberal haven where you are likely to be shot outside after dark.

Otto is my co-pilot.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Try to make a joke of it you [bleep]' asswhole. What I've said is the absolute truth, no matter how sad it truly is.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You know if you have prolbems with everyone you are related to, everyone you work with, and the people who are in power - maybe it's not them that has such a big problem. Just saying.

I'm not a fan of the government and the people elected, but you can't get to the point of stroking out over it.

Otto is my co-pilot.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You know if you have prolbems with everyone you are related to, everyone you work with, and the people who are in power - maybe it's not them that has such a big problem. Just saying.

I'm not a fan of the government and the people elected, but you can't get to the point of stroking out over it.
Grow the [bleep] up and open your eyes. You ain't dealin' with a greenhorn here dumbass.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
no, I'd say he's dealing with a sociopath.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm tired of employers paying less than a living wage and the taxpayer having to offset that wage shortfall with welfare entitlements.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
so you want private employers to pay welfare instead? yeah, that makes sense.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 41 invisible), 1,808 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,004
Posts18,520,527
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.