Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rob p
Minimum wage in RI is $7.40 an hour. A 40 hour week makes you $296 and Uncle Sam's going to take a third of that. I don't know anyone here that can live on $200 a week. $800 a month won't pay my property taxes! Help anyone paying rent, health insurance, and food. I'll push my lawn mower the rest of my life.

WTF??????? uncle same take 1/3 of minimum wage???????????????????????

I've yet to pay 1/3 of my gross income in federal income taxes, and my income for the past several years has fallen somewhere between 5 and 10% of top wage earners. When I was in the top 25% I was paying less than 10% of gross.

Heck, my teenage kids can make $20/hr cash tutoring other students or teaching violin lessons. As I tell them, why work for minimum wage when you have skills others don't.

I guess it's good that there are so many people that say you can't make it, or aren't willing to try, as it makes for much less competition for those that have figured out it really isn't that hard.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
I'm tired of employers paying less than a living wage and the taxpayer having to offset that wage shortfall with welfare entitlements.
Exactly and you're absolutely correct !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NathanL
You know if you have prolbems with everyone you are related to, everyone you work with, and the people who are in power - maybe it's not them that has such a big problem. Just saying.

You probably nailed it. That reminds me of one of my favorite demotivational posters.

Dysfunction

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
so you want private employers to pay welfare instead? yeah, that makes sense.

Better them than our taxes. Ya bitch about your tax burden and blame government...take that blame all the way to the top fat cats that make the system work that way for them at the taxpayer expense.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Better them than our taxes. Ya bitch about your tax burden and blame government...take that blame all the way to the top fat cats that make the system work that way for them at the taxpayer expense.
You've got it nailed man !

IC B2

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Yeah, that's why I've been forced to "make do" with the lazy, retarded, grandsons of the town board on my work crews. Get a clue you DUMB BASTARD !

In one breath you rant about the low quality workers forced on you, and in the next you rant on how they deserve forced wages.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I suppose that looks like a contradiction but damn, 7.25 an hour ! Really ? I wouldn't [bleep] your loose, ugly daughters for that !

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I suppose that looks like a contradiction but damn, 7.25 an hour ! Really ? I wouldn't [bleep] your loose, ugly daughters for that !

I'd kill you for free, but that would be redundant. A low-life government employee that has to suck off his masters already has no life.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think everyone should work a minimum wage job ... at least once. I did it. I'm sure a lot of people did it even if only for a short period in high school or college.

Know what I learned? That having a minimum wage job sucked and I needed to figure out something else pretty quick. I guess we can throw in a government job as well. Did that for a short period of time and just couldn't set there and watch money after money get flushed down the toilet with no return on it at all.

Last edited by NathanL; 06/09/11.

Otto is my co-pilot.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Well, you ain't worth a [bleep]' thing to me so you can go [bleep] yerself. The ONLY use I ever had for a lawyer in my whole life was when I bought my house and that's a business you scumbags created for yourselves.

I suspect you're leaving out a few public defenders.

Yep.

Take a look at this guy's posts and it becomes obvious that he can't play well with others.

IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

By what authority would you have the gov't do this?

Sheesh. Ya'll really seem to have it stuck in your heads that when someone can't earn a "living wage" (whatever that is) that it is someone else's fault.

THAT is the core problem in our whole society. If everyone would worry more about taking care of their own business everyone would be a lot better off.

You got a problem with people who mooch and leech? That is between you and them; don't let your envy for someone else's success let you become like the leeches & mooches who point fingers but can't bear to look in mirrors.

Of course there is a solution to all of this. Cut gov't back to its Constitutional powers and eliminate individual and corporate welfare, housing subsidies and all price fixing.

I for one would love to see us do all of the above both internationally and domestically and watch our debt woes disappear.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by NathanL
I think everyone should work a minimum wage job ... at least once. I did it. I'm sure a lot of people did it even if only for a short period in high school or college.

Know what I learned? That having a minimum wage job sucked and I needed to figure out something else pretty quick. I guess we can throw in a government job as well. Did that for a short period of time and just couldn't set there and watch money after money get flushed down the toilet with no return on it at all.

You mean you were forced to earn less than a living wage and you're not eternally blaming The Man for your scars?

You need to introduce a few people here and a whole lotta people out there to your therapist! crazy

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
WOW!

I never imagined how bad a schit storm this thread/subject would turn out to be.

Diverse and diametrically opposed opinions amongst reasonable people on yet another issue ....

Not good. frown

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Who ya calling reasonable!grin

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
lol,..the fat cats who hold the purse strings are scooping hundreds of billions of dollars of the people's wealth and passing it around to their butt buddies,..and the people fight over who gets to keep the pennies.

There's no denying that.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
nobody has to hire me.....I get paid exactly what the people who do are willing to pay.
But lawyers have arranged things such in our society that they're necessary for just about everything, which is Bristoe's point, i.e., in a libertarian society, lawyers would find far less work as there would be far less red tape one would be required to navigate through on a daily basis.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JOG

And as a result you support government control over wages. So you hold your libertarian views until someone gets an ouchie?
I haven't heard Bristoe say that he supports the minimum wage.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm tired of employers paying less than a living wage and the taxpayer having to offset that wage shortfall with welfare entitlements.
Then rail against the welfare state, and support Ron Paul.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Then rail against the welfare state, and support Ron Paul.

+1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
"Of course there is a solution to all of this. Cut gov't back to its Constitutional powers..."

The nail has been struck squarely upon its head.

Wake up, smell the politician, and re-elect nobody.

"Nee how,nega bin da" (Mandarin: "Hello,dumb a$$)

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1badf350, 222Sako, 10ring1, 1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 39 invisible), 1,812 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,004
Posts18,520,527
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.