Yes but it a very Euro-like riot.

You mean, limp-wristed and all that?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Or make them work through their lunch hour w/o pay.

Glad you see the humor in that, but it shouldn't surprise me.

Just be glad you didn't try to make a living in the oilfield. Stay in California but away from the Bakersfield area. I'm crying for you here, Pard. About like I am for the Canucks.

Who in the hell would want to go to Bakersfield, oh and blow me Pard.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Heh, heh.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[b][color:#3333FF]Video of Vancouver...![/color][/b]

I wonder what this guy with his mop handle thought he was going to do at 3:08...?

Crazy..!

Stay Classy Vancouver...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Absolutely no violence after Saints won Super Bowl, BTW.

Big deal, I mean is there anything left in NO worth destroying? grin

Here in San Antonio OTOH, four NBA championships in a decade, hardly even a spike in parking tickets, let alone a riot.... but then, folks on the South and West Sides here are to poor to afford even a riot grin

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Toldja it was Canuckistan for a reason.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
but then, folks on the South and West Sides here are to poor to afford even a riot grin

Birdwatcher

that doesn't seem to keep the LA homies from torching up South Central on a fairly regular basis

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RVB
Nice post douche bag......I doubt a Canuck would ever stoop to that level with your national anthem.

then you'd be wrong, Monsieur le Douchebag...back in 2003 they were doing a lot worse than that:

A road trip for a group of U.S. peewee hockey players to a tournament in Montreal turned into a foray into enemy territory as the boys were barraged with anti-American insults and witnessed protesters trashing the American flag, reports the Globe and Mail.

The paper said the 11- and 12-year-old boys from Brockton, Mass., had been looking forward to the trip, which soured soon after their "Coach USA" tour bus rolled into downtown Montreal on March 20.

Hundreds of college students were marching through the streets in an anti-war demonstration and seized upon the bus as a target for its anti-U.S. venom. Several demonstrators made obscene gestures toward the bus, and an American flag was dragged through the street.

"We felt horrible," Brockton Boxers coach Ernest Nadeau said. "How would you feel if the Canadian flag was dragged down the streets in the U.S.A.? This is a country that's supposed to be our ally," he told the paper.

At another demonstration, the Americans watched as a crowd cheered when a protester waved the Iraqi flag, and booed the U.S. flag. Next, the Stars and Stripes were doused with kerosene and ignited.

"It went up in a puff of smoke and flames, and the crowd went wild. They were all cheering," said parent Bill Carpenter.

"I said to my kids, 'These folks disagree with our government, not you personally,'" he told the paper. Carpenter's 24-year-old son is a U.S. Marine who was sent to retrieve bodies of Americans killed in the 2001 terrorist bombing of USS Cole in Yemen. He has canceled his family's planned summer vacation to Quebec.

At the Montreal Canadiens-New York Islanders game at the Montreal Bell Center that night, the U.S. national anthem was widely booed by the crowd, creating confusion for the visiting youngsters.

Parent David Cruise felt so uncomfortable that he left with his son after the first period.

"Whether you're for or against the war, we have guys over there dying," he said. "The next time, we'll stay in the States. I'm not going back there again."

The insults grew personal when the players hit the ice. During a game against the Beverly Bandits, a team from Beverly, Ont., the boys said their Canadian counterparts were verbally abusive during face-offs.

"They told us we s----, gave us the finger and said 'Down with the U.S.A.' or 'The U.S.A. s----," Nadeau said.

Making matters worse, the referee chimed in, "I agree with you," following one Canadian player's derogatory comment.

"It was a shock to go to a tournament and have kids saying this to us. These are our friends that are doing this," Nadeau said. "We didn't expect Canadian players � especially young boys � would take things to that extreme."

"We were very offended by the whole thing," said Carpenter. "I understand the opposition to the war. But we were made to feel unwelcome just about anywhere we went. ... As Americans, we felt in the past that Canada was our closest ally and friend. No one told us we were heading into unfriendly territory."

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
about the only Canadians I ever see are retired azzholes that flood into Florida, and drive like, well, like retired Canadians. Scary scheit indeed.

I do recall a lot of anti American sentiment from various Canadian members of the 'fire. I don't recall many of us living down here visiting the Canada sub forum, and offering advice on their politics or culture.

Sam......

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The media has it all wrong, there was a lot of love lust in the streets lastnight.
[Linked Image]

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
He made his move before the tear gas wore off....

"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency."
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Steve- I've personally witnessed Montreal's anti-American attitude on many occasions when I was traveling there for business. I would occasionally go to hockey (and baseball) games and listened to them boo our National Anthem and throw trash at our players. This isn't a one-time occurrence either. It happens every time American teams play in that shiithole.
I'd rather spend a thousand days in Paris than another day in Montreal. It doesn't look like there's any reason to go back to Vancouver either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read on another forum of an American that lives in Vancouver and his accounts of how they treated the American flag after winning the gold medal for hockey last year. Too say it was disrespectful is an understatement.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wonder how many of the idiots who used their hands and feet to hit stuff woke up this morning with broken toes and fingers?

Bet the ER was swamped.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ann Coulter: �� The sad thing is Canadians hurt in the rioting will have to wait six months for an MRI.�

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve
Ann Coulter: �� The sad thing is Canadians hurt in the rioting will have to wait six months for an MRI.�

ouch....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by RVB
Nice post douche bag......I doubt a Canuck would ever stoop to that level with your national anthem.

then you'd be wrong, Monsieur le Douchebag...back in 2003 they were doing a lot worse than that:

A road trip for a group of U.S. peewee hockey players to a tournament in Montreal turned into a foray into enemy territory as the boys were barraged with anti-American insults and witnessed protesters trashing the American flag, reports the Globe and Mail.

The paper said the 11- and 12-year-old boys from Brockton, Mass., had been looking forward to the trip, which soured soon after their "Coach USA" tour bus rolled into downtown Montreal on March 20.

Hundreds of college students were marching through the streets in an anti-war demonstration and seized upon the bus as a target for its anti-U.S. venom. Several demonstrators made obscene gestures toward the bus, and an American flag was dragged through the street.

"We felt horrible," Brockton Boxers coach Ernest Nadeau said. "How would you feel if the Canadian flag was dragged down the streets in the U.S.A.? This is a country that's supposed to be our ally," he told the paper.

At another demonstration, the Americans watched as a crowd cheered when a protester waved the Iraqi flag, and booed the U.S. flag. Next, the Stars and Stripes were doused with kerosene and ignited.

"It went up in a puff of smoke and flames, and the crowd went wild. They were all cheering," said parent Bill Carpenter.

"I said to my kids, 'These folks disagree with our government, not you personally,'" he told the paper. Carpenter's 24-year-old son is a U.S. Marine who was sent to retrieve bodies of Americans killed in the 2001 terrorist bombing of USS Cole in Yemen. He has canceled his family's planned summer vacation to Quebec.

At the Montreal Canadiens-New York Islanders game at the Montreal Bell Center that night, the U.S. national anthem was widely booed by the crowd, creating confusion for the visiting youngsters.

Parent David Cruise felt so uncomfortable that he left with his son after the first period.

"Whether you're for or against the war, we have guys over there dying," he said. "The next time, we'll stay in the States. I'm not going back there again."

The insults grew personal when the players hit the ice. During a game against the Beverly Bandits, a team from Beverly, Ont., the boys said their Canadian counterparts were verbally abusive during face-offs.

"They told us we s----, gave us the finger and said 'Down with the U.S.A.' or 'The U.S.A. s----," Nadeau said.

Making matters worse, the referee chimed in, "I agree with you," following one Canadian player's derogatory comment.

"It was a shock to go to a tournament and have kids saying this to us. These are our friends that are doing this," Nadeau said. "We didn't expect Canadian players � especially young boys � would take things to that extreme."

"We were very offended by the whole thing," said Carpenter. "I understand the opposition to the war. But we were made to feel unwelcome just about anywhere we went. ... As Americans, we felt in the past that Canada was our closest ally and friend. No one told us we were heading into unfriendly territory."

Well isn't that special....

It's almost a shame there are apparently a handful of decent Canadians on this site. So much material never sees the light of the monitor in defference to those few...

Now in completely unrelated news. Seriously, where is BCBrian? This is concerning...

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
When people start setting things on fire and otherwise destroying someone else's property they need a much stronger deterent than tear gas and flashbangs. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Koreans protect their property (with firearms) during the LA riots. They're the only ones who stood up to the mobs.

Last edited by victoro; 06/16/11.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But, but where the Brain he can explain this in a Vancouver minute.

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 270wsmnutt, 10gaugemag, 1234, 257Bob, 58 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,597
Posts18,532,523
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.