Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
blackberry curve, I hate it.

It's froze up more often than not.

I'm very good at taking the battery out of it to do a redneck reboot since often times I can't even power it down when it freezes up.

Casio G'zone Commando sounds way cooler than "curve"

yuck.

Now I have a phone complex lol!

i have had a blackberry for a number of years. Next time it breaks down, it's fired and i am going to get a droid. I have maps, g.p.s. internet on it, and email to my home computer is also directed to it. You have to continually redneck reboot it, the screen froze up, the camera quick working, etc. I have had three of them replaced, and thats it.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got a Motorola Atrix a few weeks ago, still sorting it out but really liking it. Have had a few Black Berry's the last few years. No real complaints and miss the keyboard but love the capabilities of this latest phone.

It's the one that docks into a computer, dual core, gig of memory. Things is VERY fast.

PS: Download Angry Birds if you're bored, very addicting game....

Life is just one damned thing after another
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by byc
Pete, I have the Motorola rugged Tundra phone and love it.

I'm not sure if they are available in the UK or not, but looking at the price, they are about 4 times the cost of Samsung Solid..Given that sooner or later I *will* loose it, I'll stick with the Solid!

Luckily, I got mine for $99 when they first came out. Along with the insurance for the very reason you pointed out.

For you smartphone insurance buyers beware that the deductible is $150 vs. $50 on phones. Don't ask me how I know.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by rattler
i hate talking on a phone and after i killed my last cell i went a year and a half without a cell......however the wife has been beotching bout me disappearing a lil to much and being hard to get ahold of lately so she bought a Casio G'zone Commando thinking since it met military drop and submersion tests i may not be able to kill this one crazy

still aint talking on the phone much, texting my siblings a bit, bt the damn thing has turned into my lil laptop.....damn thing has more memory than my first laptop by a whole lot....internet, loaded all my music onto it, half dozen apps for various things from a conversion program to weather radar to a couple games and books to kill time.....

still hate the phone part but the damn thing is handy for a hell of alot more than just a phone....

Just ordered one after reading this thread!!!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I-Phone 3G is mine......like it!

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I have a blackberry for work and I hate it. Tiny buttons, hard to see attachments.

I have an I-phone for personal use and like it alot. Look at a few and decide what you like.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hate to admit it, but I do like my iPhone. Like many others have stated, I really don't care to talk on the phone at all, but there are a bunch of good features on some of the current smartphones that are handy to have when you want them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
iPhone 4. Never thought I'd like one, but it's amazing.

WAR EAGLE!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i wear frc bibs at work, and carry it in the front left pocket.
when off work, it rides in a back pocket of my jeans.

it's big, and has a big screen. plus it zooms, so my old eyes can read and see what's on it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It would be nice to have intellicast weather info/radar on a phone.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Me and the Mrs both have "Jitterbugs". Its just a phone with voicemail, and we are very happy with 'em. They are simple. I can't see any need for any of the aps that come with the others, but then we live very simple lives. What I like most is the large keys and simple screen, which means I don't have to find my glasses to use it. An added nice touch is the loud speaker which means I don't have to keep asking someone to repeat themselves.

Wake up, smell the politician, and re-elect nobody.

"Nee how,nega bin da" (Mandarin: "Hello,dumb a$$)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson

I have two or three weather apps on my iPhone

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I switched from a Blackberry to a Motorola Droid X Pro about four months ago and I prefer the Droid. My model has keys, still small, but much bigger than those on my old BB.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
An Otter Box is a must have for my phone. It would have a died a quick and violent death without it.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by SamOlson

I have a Verizon Samsung Fascinate and love it. If you have a droid, you need to download the "Rainy Days" app. I use it all the time for work and hunting.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by schoolmarm
Oh yeah, need to watch these "smart phones". Was in class teaching one day and started hearing voices.

First thought, well this is what it's like when I finally flip completly out. Then I thought I recognize that voice. It was my daughter at her work saying "daddy hang up your phone, I already know how to weld".

Ain't got a clue how it called her up. Couldn't have been my fault.. blush
Yep. That's called "pocket dialing." They are prone to that, and that very thing happens to me all the time. Never happened with the Razor.

Butt calls!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I-Phone 3G is mine......like it!

Those things are something like $49 at Verizon...
I am still using a flip phone for just making calls ( no texting )
But I can see apps that I would really use. Even the Sirius Radio app.
Would the 3G be all I need?

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Just got an HTC Thunderbolt from Verizon for $99. Like it,large screen and can tether to my laptop.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by northern_dave
my wife has that one and it seems to do fine for her.

Give the BB Torch a try, all the males in the family have them and think they are the best. Bigger screen, slide cover for keyboard, no freeze from what I hear.

I have the Torch. It's great in all respects except one. No flash player yet. They say it's coming but they've been saying that for a year. The new Blackberry tablet has flash, so that's a good sign. But if they don't have it before I can upgrade next year, I'm going Droid. Sad, cuz I've been a BB fan for a few years. Great keyboard, functions more as an office tool than a toy, expandable memory, replaceable battery, etc... All the things that drove me away from iphone. Droid has all that and flash. So if BB don't wow me soon, my money goes elsewhere. But other than not keeping pace with the industry in regards to the flash player, they're great.

iphone will never have flash or expandable memory according to Apple, so they're not even in the running anymore.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My phone is an ordinary stupid phone for a stupid person like me. A Motorola RAZR. I have 5 of them 4 of which were free when folks needing the latest and greatest gave them to me one I bought new as a gift and then that person just HAD to have the latest and greatest...

Texting is stupid, I'll call someone or write an email when I get home no need for chicklet sized keys and a lot of other bullsh-it...

I will confess to wanting a MP3 player though, just not a phone,mp3 combo thing.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 219DW, 60 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,254
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.