Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
What was wrong with the old set-up of long, reversible spout on the screw cap, air vent w/cap at the other side?

Now, with all the lawyerisms and "safety" systems its next to impossible to something as simple as put gas in a car. And the lack of an air vent at the other top corner slows fuel delivery considerably.

Its so bad we ended up pouring gas from newfangled containers into an old-style one that we have just to put gas in our cars.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
fixing a problem that never existed

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Its so bad we ended up pouring gas from newfangled containers into an old-style one that we have just to put gas in our cars.

Birdwatcher

The easiest way to put gas in your car is the pump at the gas station.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I love mine!! I have one of those with no vent and a big green lever with a safety on it. Best can I ever had! That is once I broke it. Now the big green lever isn't connected and all there is is a spring loaded button where the lever and safety connected. Works great now!

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ran into the same problem when I bought one about a month ago. Yard sales are your friend for finding good 'old' stuff.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just go to your local speed shop and get a racing gas jug

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone stole the last GI can that I bought new several years ago (danged thing cost over $50). In the last year or so, I have had to buy a couple of small gas cans for chain saw gas and the gas-powered trimmers. God awful Rube Goldberg inventions that keep the gas and oil mix safe from harm, including being burned in one of my two-cycle engines!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The "Nanny State" cans are so "safe" you wind up covered with fuel, ......trying to get all that Mickey Mouse Chit to work.

.......Buy some extra "Quad Rings",....if you're going to put Ethanol fuel in em',.....

I LOVE mine ( the "Racing Jugs), regardless.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 07/08/11.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Smart and hard working people worked a long time to make lots of stuff as good as it was, until the government decided it was their duty to mess it up.

Tell me again why we put up with being ran into the ground by idiots and criminals? (rhetorical)

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Just go to your local speed shop and get a racing gas jug

[Linked Image]

Oh,....and on the nomenclature,.......nix on the choice above.

Out here we're calling them 'Fluid Containers'.

I build custom varieties, Aluminum, Stainless, etc.

...REPEAT "Fluid Containers",...what you put in em's YOUR business.

Those old aluminum "Small Kegs" that turn up at flea markets and yard sales are GREAT raw material.....properly modified, they'll last a lifetime.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have four or five of the new one and i hate them compared to the older ones

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There are water jugs that work fine if you don't mind blue gas cans.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Chevron "Delo" Oil Jugs,....the one Gallon Variety will last YEARS, if kept out of direct Sunlight.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I stocked up on the older red plastic 6 gallon ones.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
one local store has the old fashioned,metal,red,5 gallon gas cans.Now they are $50.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thats another .gov stupid joke..... they are really starting to irritate me with their crap.

I have a bunch of old cans.. but they are getting short on life... the new ones SUCK

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just bought one of the dang things a couple weeks ago for my chainsaw gas. Used it for one pour, put the fuel in an old container and threw away the new one! POS. frown

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use those ventless 5 gal plastic cans. I love them and have never had a problem with them. Stick the nozzle in the hole and turn them all the way over till they stop going glug, glug, glug.....

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
yea,they suck..I went back to sipioning it out of my neighbors car

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Also the one gallon jobs that you stick in the hole for chainsaws and lawn machines that have the little spring loaded nozzle that slides back and forth. they stop when the gas reaches the nozzle. I haven't spilled a drop since I got mine.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 1Longbow, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 74 invisible), 3,574 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,635
Posts18,533,344
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.