Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
ASAT 3D for archery

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Not a camo guy either, green Filson wool pants and a Pendleton wool shirt, and either my tan Riverswest Kenai jacket or loden green Beretta gun six field jacket

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
EricM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That's a nice looking moose, BlackDog1!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Many thanks smile

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
shot from 5 steps

[Linked Image]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Woodland Camo BDU's for me. Getting picked off by my movement has hurt me worse than any clothing mistakes.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Roger, your mustache reminds me of an old west gunfighter.

What is the bow used?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hunting from ground blinds, no camo unless it's cold and then I wear bibs and jacket in Realtree AP brown for the warmth. If I'm bowhunting from a tree stand it's whatever pattern the weather dictates but always scentlock. My lightweight early fall is predominently green, brown and gray mid to late fall, and maybe Natural Gear snow camo in the winter if the trees are holding a lot of snow. Unlike most who have posted I believe in camo and scent control. I've had deer step over my legs while sitting against a tree and had black bears walk within six feet downwind from me and never even reacted. I try to always keep the wind in my favor and movement to a minimum as well but good camo and scent control work for me. The most successful bowhunter that I know is an absolute nut about camo and scent control and he has me convinced, along with my own experience. You have to wear clothes anyway, so why not? It sure can't hurt. Gun hunting I don't think I need it but I wear it because I've got it. I do wear an orange camo vest but never an orange hat. You guys that wear brown carharts wouldn't last long where I hunt. LOL!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Realtree's original Hardwoods............the gray 20/200. Realtree AP's O.K. too.

Out west or down in Mexico Realtree's Advantage Max 1 is AWESOME.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Its sure doesnt take camo to get it done, but it sure dont hurt either.

Its the Scent Blocking clothes thats a joke. You can never be 100% rid of foreign odor, period. If a deer walks down wind its because he/she didnt care or the smell was common etc. I believe in minimizing and washing, but I know there will always be some human odor on me and where I have been. I just try to make friends with the wind.

Joseph

Joseph
A
abc Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I don not have any camo and never will. I hate camo. Sorry, I have a heavy Filson camo wool coat that is mostly green, it was a $350 coat for $100.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just got my new Hycreek extreme pants for 4th season CO elk season. I will see if they are as good as the company says they are!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still using up a footlocker full of old BDU's (and still have one serviceable OD green field jacket I have hunted in for years). I also wear Filson double tin (canvas) and have a new Shelter Cloth coat (similar to OD green). Most of my commercial camo is the old Duxbak goose hunter pattern and a mismatch of whatever Gander Mountain or Bass Pro has on sale - I make no effort to match camo patterns. I think camo really helps when waterfowl or turkey hunting in the open (down in a blind it makes little difference), for deer hunting I just wear whatever weight cloth the weather dictates - camo and OD mix and match.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I typically look like I tried to wear as much mismatched camo as possible. I'd be fine with olive drab, but everything around here comes in 9 different Realtree or MossyOak patterns. My favorite outerwear is some 19yr old 10x stuff, as it is not too thick for our mild winters. Those bibs and parka are old-school Treebark or something like that. I will likely shed a tear when they finally give up the ghost......

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it's hot I just wear a brown shirt...if the skeeters are bad...long sleaves.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Synthetic fleece mostly. Some is "camo" others are not. I've a pullover in grey and black vertical stripes I've been using for nearly 20 years now. It's getting a little thin, has some campfire burn holes in it, but it's a lucky and comfortable shirt. The pants in this picture is a thin, nylon, river-floater's pants. Works great, dries really fast, cool when cool is good, and relatively warm even when wet.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/sterlingak/?action=view&current=P8130023.jpg

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ASAT.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Add me to the "Not a Camo Fan" list.

My homestate requires hunter's orange above the waist. That being said, I've never seen the point of wearing camo when I am dressed like a big orange lightbulb. The closest I've come to camo is green raingear. Oh, I've also got a pair of boots that has a camo pattern on them, but I bought them for reasons other than the camo and wish they weren't camo.

Anyway, I cannot really recall a situation where I felt that, had I been wearing camo, I would have had a better hunting outcome.

No knock though on the guys that like it. Go with what works for you!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
*Deleted double post*

Last edited by Waders; 07/25/11.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1lessdog, 222ND, 222Sako, 160user, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,067
Posts18,482,557
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.