-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Outta the box it ain't nothing to crow about IMO. However, I've a got a 70's era pistol in the queue at Heirloom Precision right now with a delivery date of Spring 2012. After Mr. Yost turns that sows ear into a silk purse it'll be worth having.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I've worked on well over 10,000 Hi Powers...

Wow! That's a [bleep]! If you worked on a Hi-Power every single day for over 27 years straight...it'd work out to about 10,000 Hi-Powers.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Working for an importer will give you advantages.

KG ain't bullschittin'.

Last edited by VAnimrod; 08/27/11.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
CDNN sports

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Ever considered buying some kydex and making your own holster?
Doesn't that take foresight and a plan?

I meant that as a suggestion - not an insult.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers

Wow! That's a [bleep]! If you worked on a Hi-Power every single day for over 27 years straight...it'd work out to about 10,000 Hi-Powers.

Start here: http://shootersjournal.net/random-thoughts-on-the-browning-hi-power/

This subject has been covered before in detail.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 41magfan
Outta the box it ain't nothing to crow about IMO. However, I've a got a 70's era pistol in the queue at Heirloom Precision right now with a delivery date of Spring 2012. After Mr. Yost turns that sows ear into a silk purse it'll be worth having.
I don't think it's a sow's ear to begin with, but it will certainly be nice when Yost is done with it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Okay, if you INSIST on doing this.
Insist on "doing" what? Calling your dumb f*cking ass out for boasting? Yep, I insist.

A qualified gunsmith -- hint: you ain't one -- can re-machine, re-cut, and polish the sear engagement surfaces on the as-issued sear and hammer in the "later Hi Powers" for a great trigger pull
I qualified by saying a truely GREAT trigger. You can get a good trigger by reworking the investment cast parts yes. But you don't "re-machine, re-cut" anything you idiot. All is done with a file and a stone, there is no need to use machine tools.
Actually, gunsmiths -- that vocation to which you so longingly inspire to be, but just can't quite reach -- most certainly do recut the sear engagement surfaces if the engagement geometry doesn't meet standards. I don't necessarily expect you to understand this, I posted the comment for others.

For a truely great trigger, why on earth would you spend all that time on a second rate hammer? This just exposes the fact you've never worked as a gunsmith, or if you did; you never made any money at it, because you don't know when to use issued parts and when to swap out for better parts. READ you idiot, I said TRUELY GREAT, not good or above average.
You missed the point, [bleep]. I'd spend my shekels on a first rate gunsmith. Not some hack with internet access in inbred, barefoot Arkansas. Or on pot metal.

It can even be done with the magazine safety in place.
Why yes it can...Hey genius, care to detail exactly how it's done? And care to share how you do it all the while keeping the magazine safety and making non-rat-trap magazines drop free? No you won't, because you don't know how. Because you're a FRAUD, always have been.
Fraud? Nope, that honor goes to you and you alone.

Good gunsmithing trumps bullshit "quick" fixes every time.
Again, you don't know what you're talking about; there is a time when it just doesn't make any sense to work on inferior parts; but clearly you don't know when that is.
See earlier reference to inbred arkansawyer hacks.

Try harder next time, Little Miss Kevin. Or at least try.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers

Start here: http://shootersjournal.net/random-thoughts-on-the-browning-hi-power/

This subject has been covered before in detail.
99% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ever considered buying some kydex and making your own holster?
Doesn't that take foresight and a plan?
I meant that as a suggestion - not an insult.
I simply made an observation for Tackleberry's comments.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And the dog barks again; put up or shut up Fido.

How many Hi Power's have you built, barking dog?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And the dog barks again; put up or shut up Fido.

How many Hi Power's have you built, barking dog?
How many can you PROVE you built, [bleep]? And referencing back to some ignorant bullshit you posted on your pissy ass "blog" ain't proof.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Actually, gunsmiths -- that vocation to which you so longingly inspire to be, but just can't quite reach -- most certainly do recut the sear engagement surfaces if the engagement geometry doesn't meet standards. I don't necessarily expect you to understand this, I posted the comment for others.
Well I've already provided names, numbers and my credentials. Again, it's my REAL name Dicktop; who are you? What are your credentials besides a foul mouth and a load of BS.

Stop dancing around the subject you wuss; lay out your credentials or STFU.

And here's how EVERYONE knows you for what you are, because you won't, because you can't; because you're NOT.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well I've already provided names, numbers and my credentials. Again, it's my REAL name Dicktop; who are you? What are your credentials besides a foul mouth and a load of BS.

Stop dancing around the subject you wuss; lay out your credentials or STFU.

And here's how EVERYONE knows you for what you are, because you won't, because you can't; because you're NOT.
Your name ain't worth [bleep]. Quit bandying it about; you're only embarassing yourself.

You might be better off starting a forum for you and your video game virgins to play around on; I won't be there, life will be simpler, and you'll be SOMEBODY.

I want some proof of this 10K number. Until then, nighty, night, Little Miss Kevin. I'm on the road and have along day working tomorrow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Doesn't take a genius to know that such a thing can't really be proved on the internet - just the same as Obama's birth certificate is/isn't real.

Also doesn't take a genius to do as you, Bricktop, have suggested to others and pick up the phone and make the call. You have his name, after all - and the name of his former employer. OTOH - if you give Kevin your real name and address, maybe he'd send you some hard documents. smirk Or maybe this is where you tell us you did send them to him and he ignored it....Prove that, why dontcha?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Still also waiting for proof that you are not a janitor at a university....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How many can you PROVE you built, [bleep]? And referencing back to some ignorant bullshit you posted on your pissy ass "blog" ain't proof.
See, we're not dealing in good faith here. I have, and continue to provide proof of who I am and what I claim, and you have yet to provide ANYTHING. So let's do this. I'll be happy to provide not only a Hi Power I have built, but I'll disassemble it, photograph it inside and out for all to see the workmanship. Test fire it, and then have the owner of the gun, log on and reaffirm that not only did I build the gun, but he'll tell you who he is and what he paid for the gun, and when. I'll do that...

Just as soon as you take the first step. You give your full name, a phone number (anyone can reach PM me and I'll be happy to share my number - several from the Campfire knows it and talks with me daily), your occupation and the phone number to your work. It's time for YOU to provide something.

Continuing with my creds...
I thought I made it quite clear I'm not a gunsmith by vocation anymore; haven't been for decades. Vocationally, I'm an energy buyer for a fortune 500 corporation, I buy diesel fuel and deregulated electricity. There are several on this forum who can verify that. I contnue to gunsmith for family and friends; for whom I don't charge.

I don't have photos of guns I have built, I quit gunsmithing before the internet became common, so never saw a need to photograph my guns. Still, in a pinch, I know a few guys who have guns I've built...just as soon as you start showing your cards I'll get some on the forum.

But since you've called me, I'll produce what I can for now (knowing full well you won't produce anything):
If you go to HBE Specialty Leatherworks ( http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/ ), click on Customer Phtos, photograph 203 on page 17 of customer photos you'll find a Hi Power I built about 10 years ago. It's in a holster ('cause It's a holster makers web site). You can also find it in the American Handgunner 2005 (I think) Tactical Annual. If you don't believe me, give Eric Larson a call at HBE Specialty Leatherworks and ask him about the photo. 801-916-9248 \ (if anyone knows how to grab that photo and post it, I'd appreciate it)

My experience at the importer, Pacific International & Armex International has been well established in previous threads, but if you're still in doubt, I'll give you the names and numbers of those who were there when I was there. And these aren't just random guys, they're all still in the indusrty; one of which can be found as the gunsmith on many of the gunsmithing videos on how to make,build, and gunsmith guns like the AK & FN-FAL. REAL people in the industry who have worked with me. You can verify them, and they can verify me. Lastly, you can verify my experience as a writer by calling just about any editor in the business; they all know me even though I stopped writing for magazines about 4 years ago. Or you can just google my name and find articles I've written for several magazines.

Or go over to http://makereadyforum.com/ where you'll find other writers like Mas Ayoob, Charley Petty, & Patrick Sweeney; all know me quite well, and they'll tell you I don't sling BS.

Lastly, I'm sure there has to be someone who lives somewhat close by. Anyone (but Dicktop) is welcome to come by and go shooting with me. I hope to post some video of me shooting on my web site sometime in the near future as well.

And AGAIN, I provide names and number and you provide what? What do you provide? Nothing but inflammatory crap toward anyone you can direct your foul mouth hatred against.

So let's see who has credibility here. A foul mouth jerk who only pipes into a thread when he sees the opportunity to humiliate someone on a public forum, who doesn't use his own name, and refuses to provide ANYTHING in the way of credentials whatsoever.

OR

The guy who's been on this forum for years, has never demeaned anyone who didn't start the BS wagon first. Who has provided credentials on AT LEAST a half dozen times. Uses his own name, has been published in most nationally recognized gun publications. Can verify that he has been a gunsmith, has worked for a huge small arms importer, who has trained with internationally renowned trainers (again, verified), and who freely offers backup to ANY claim he has ever made (for which I've been called on more than once). So who has credibility here?

Come on, I friggin DARE you to provide one shread of credentials. If you know so much, you should have NO PROBLEM laying out your credentials at all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want some proof of this 10K number. Until then, nighty, night, Little Miss Kevin. I'm on the road and have along day working tomorrow.
What kind of proof do you want? Do you want to talk to the importer? I can get him on the phone for you TONIGHT. But no proof will satisfy you.

I want proof of who you are, what do you offer me; more barking dog?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still also waiting for proof that you are not a janitor at a university....
I doubt he could hold such a prestigious job.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Come on Bricktop...YOU have thrown down, YOU have said how it's supposed to be done vs. how I said it's done. So you've provided your way, I've provided my way. I've laid out my creds, now it's time for you to lay out yours.

Time to tell everyone how you're so qualified to be the all knowing critic at 24Hourcampfire. How are you so qualified? What's your qualifications?

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (257_X_50, 7mm_Loco, 264mag, 280Ackleyrized, 300_savage, 14 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 880 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,060
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.